AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-06-20, 01:11   Link #3761
Kira477
おれ最強だぜ~

If you guys want to do a Misaki x Touma fic, why not do an AU?

That's what I kinda did for my fic... well not really since I think its more of a Mikoto x Touma fic but it's just a strong possibility that can happen within my AU fic.
Kira477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 08:30   Link #3762
NeutralZero

You mean kinda like the Certain world of Darkness with the pre memory loss Touma?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 09:06   Link #3763
Kira477
おれ最強だぜ~

Yeah why not? What I mean is that you don't really have to feel so restricted by canon. Just take some and change some to make the story work.
Old 2013-06-20, 17:03   Link #3764
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira477 View Post
If you guys want to do a Misaki x Touma fic, why not do an AU?

That's what I kinda did for my fic... well not really since I think its more of a Mikoto x Touma fic but it's just a strong possibility that can happen within my AU fic.
It would be possible, had we known more about Touma's pre memory loss life, before he met Index.

But, I am more on the side of what was Misaki doing when Touma went missing after WWIII. She MAY be as depressed as Misaka, but we really don't know.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 23:40   Link #3765
Kira477
おれ最強だぜ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
It would be possible, had we known more about Touma's pre memory loss life, before he met Index.

But, I am more on the side of what was Misaki doing when Touma went missing after WWIII. She MAY be as depressed as Misaka, but we really don't know.
Waiting for Mikoto to beg her to do something assuming that Misaki knows that Mikoto does feel something for Touma?

Just something I thought of. I don't think Touma had that close of a relationship with Misaki to prompt her to do something substantial for him, but since we don't know much, who knows.
Old 2013-06-21, 02:16   Link #3766
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Okay, so here's a question since the subject of Misaki has come up.

Since A Certain World of Darkness takes place prior to Touma's memory-loss, should I have her make a cameo appearance in the gap between the current arc. I'm working on and the next, or should I dedicate an entire arc. around their little 'relationship'?

Misaki herself had stated that Touma was angry at her about something she had done with her powers, so I could possibly do my own take on that matter. It's good material and people have been asking for me to bring her into the whole scheme of things. I just want some thoughts on if I should dedicate an entire arc. to that reason or if I should just make it simple.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 03:52   Link #3767
NeutralZero

That would be nice even if its a cameo of Misaki...
Old 2013-06-21, 04:01   Link #3768
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

It more than likely wouldn't even be Misaki herself....well, more like it wouldn't be her in person doing things if she would have an arc. dedicated to her. From the way it seemed when Touma mentioned her prior to losing his memories, I'd say he hadn't met Misaki personally, just talked to her through other people like she did in NT 7.

Still not sure if I should do a full arc. based around her or not. I can see the potential in it, lots of room to bring in more of the Railgun cast. But I'm still on the fence about it.
Old 2013-06-21, 07:59   Link #3769
Kira477
おれ最強だぜ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
It more than likely wouldn't even be Misaki herself....well, more like it wouldn't be her in person doing things if she would have an arc. dedicated to her. From the way it seemed when Touma mentioned her prior to losing his memories, I'd say he hadn't met Misaki personally, just talked to her through other people like she did in NT 7.

Still not sure if I should do a full arc. based around her or not. I can see the potential in it, lots of room to bring in more of the Railgun cast. But I'm still on the fence about it.
Well, if you want to bring in a love rival for Mugino, why not?
Maybe you could also set up a Misaki vs Mugino conflict as well some time later and it'll be interesting to see which side Touma would be on. (or manipulated to be on)

Just something random from my mind.
Old 2013-06-21, 11:29   Link #3770
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Well this is good. It's a unique idea of having the first three arcs of the novels happening at the same time with circumstances now different over who went where.

However,I still have no idea whose the girl who was always watching Touma and Mikoto in the 2nd chapter.

Great work R.Lock, keep up the good work.

Quote:

Since A Certain World of Darkness takes place prior to Touma's memory-loss, should I have her make a cameo appearance in the gap between the current arc. I'm working on and the next, or should I dedicate an entire arc. around their little 'relationship'?

Misaki herself had stated that Touma was angry at her about something she had done with her powers, so I could possibly do my own take on that matter. It's good material and people have been asking for me to bring her into the whole scheme of things. I just want some thoughts on if I should dedicate an entire arc. to that reason or if I should just make it simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira477 View Post
Well, if you want to bring in a love rival for Mugino, why not?
Maybe you could also set up a Misaki vs Mugino conflict as well some time later and it'll be interesting to see which side Touma would be on. (or manipulated to be on)

Just something random from my mind.
Yes please!

Anyway, i already manage to figure out how the Lvl5 girls meet and fell for Touma and will begin writing it with starting with Mugino. I'll might post some parts of it over here if my writer's block, tiredness or distractions don't get in my way.
Old 2013-06-21, 12:16   Link #3771
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

To be honest, it doesn't really seem hard to write HOW Misaki and Touma meet or even how Misaki got feelings for Touma, just have Misaki use her powers indiscriminately (may or may not have to be at lvl5 at this time), Touma gets pissed, lectures Misaki, she doesn't listen at first and uses it on people who are resistant (or even at Touma). Touma shrugs it off, gaining her interest then the Dark side sends people to silence Misaki because it would interfere with the development/progress of Imagine Breaker and Touma can just save her.

Another one is have the whole osana najimi card that Touma and Misaki known each other since they were kids but they became distant (both symbolically and figuratively) and Misaki wanting to fill the void of Touma leaving, by manipulating/controlling others but failed to "replace" the Touma in her heart. An omake idea is that Touma hinted that he liked onee-san/well developed (appearance wise) to Misaki and well you know....Misaki seems to be quite "developed" lol.

@smoking ferret: Remind me of the timeline of your story because I don't remember. And yea, have misaki participate. It can add to the Mugino's list of potential enemies (and drama)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 23:19   Link #3772
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
@smoking ferret: Remind me of the timeline of your story because I don't remember. And yea, have misaki participate. It can add to the Mugino's list of potential enemies (and drama)
The story takes place on May 6th, a couple months before Railgun and Index series begins. Touma has not lost his memories, is not associated with magic-side at all, and is living his normal, misfortune-filled, lifestyle...then he meets Mugino...(Insert corny joke here)

I had the full intention of creating conflict between her and various other female parties who want Touma for themselves; though I'm still looking for other science-side characters whom could be interested/affiliated with him. I've already got Frenda, Kinuhata on the list of people chasing after him, along with Mikoto later on down the road and possibly Awaki as well if I think can find a means to have her interact with him; which shouldn't be hard really. If we're adding Misaki into the mix as well, that leaves us with six women chasing after him and that's including Mugino herself as well.

Now....who else from Science-side can I use for competition....
Old 2013-06-22, 00:54   Link #3773
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

^Kumoe-sensei perhaps? Other than her I can't think of anyone science side-wise. And Fukiyose would be a huge stretch. You could make an OC that is Touma's childhood friend as well. Or maybe Kongou-san's two friends, Maaya and whatshername?
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 01:23   Link #3774
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Ah-HA!

I like those two, and Kongou as well! I mean, if I'm introducing Railgun's cast I may as well add Kongou and her friends as well given the circumstances.

If things go accordingly and I get around to it, Fukiyose would kinda be Mugino's little side-kick in bad-mouthing Touma during class. Though, the former is more like an unofficial member of the Delta Force in my eyes.

I may make an OC take part in his little harem, though I want to avoid things like 'childhood friends' and more like someone he's saved due to his meddling in the Dark Side.

Maybe Kumokawa Seria...hmmm....
Old 2013-06-22, 06:23   Link #3775
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Fukiyose states in the daishesai arc that Kamijou san then to help the girls ... so she knew him for quite sometime
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 08:29   Link #3776
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Well this is good. It's a unique idea of having the first three arcs of the novels happening at the same time with circumstances now different over who went where.

However,I still have no idea whose the girl who was always watching Touma and Mikoto in the 2nd chapter.

Great work R.Lock, keep up the good work.
Thank you very much. I'm going to go with two arcs, though, since it's way too early for Misaka to get involved. I mean, it's still the deal with Level Upper on Mikoto's side, and I'm not going to- Heck. Need to rewrite some parts in chapter 1 since I messed up with timeline.

Well, stars in eyes. Just some random girl from School Garden.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 09:29   Link #3777
NeutralZero

Adding Kumokawa into the mix is an interesting thing...
Aside from Misaki, Seria also has/ve some unknown relationship/past with Kamijou...
She may also be used as a decoy clue for Mugino. After all she believe one of the board of directors is pulling the string for Kami-yan's background... and being the brain behind one of the director will make her the 'supposed' mastermind for Mugino to investigate...
Old 2013-06-22, 10:48   Link #3778
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for Angels and a demon:

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-06-23 at 19:14.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 11:28   Link #3779
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Despite having seen someone in the same body overpower a full grown man convicted of serial murders, Kamijou Touma couldn't feel worked up over it. In fact he was despondent in a sense, like a jaded man that already saw all the wonders that could be offered.
I know I shouldn't laugh due to how serious the insinuation is, but I couldn't because we all know Touma has seen everything the world has to offer him at that point. XD

Quote:
Adding Kumokawa into the mix is an interesting thing...
Aside from Misaki, Seria also has/ve some unknown relationship/past with Kamijou...
She may also be used as a decoy clue for Mugino. After all she believe one of the board of directors is pulling the string for Kami-yan's background... and being the brain behind one of the director will make her the 'supposed' mastermind for Mugino to investigate...
You know, I'm starting to feel like joining this was the best thing I could have done. So many ideas pop up and the ideas that bounce off from others is a great relief to me. Thanks NZ, you've successfully provided me with some future ideas once I get to that point in time with ACWOD.

Incidently, I thought of something else that I couldn't help but picture and find myself oddly amused by something. Seeing as how I'm pretty much set in putting Misaki into the story, I was thinking about something she could have done to piss Touma off. What came to mind was her controlling someone (possibly someone from ITEM) and as he tries to reason with her she provides him with an option.

In exchange for her releasing her control over that person, Touma must do something for her in exchange. I think this will pretty much sum up where I'm going with this idea....though the end result will most likely differ depending on what I think of when the time comes.
Old 2013-06-22, 13:17   Link #3780
NeutralZero

Since it is a pre-memory lost Touma, what will be your take to his IB?
Is your pre-memo lost Touma the same as the post-memo lost in terms of using the IB
or will pre-memo Touma can do something more than the current Touma like he has some sort of mastery in terms of using the IB but chooses not to do so, like the expansion of the field of eff of the IB as suggested by Terra in V16?

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction