Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Spoiler for ch18, entirely guessing from limited understanding:
Well, Hijiri did see butterflies on her a few chapters back >_>
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 11:10   Link #383
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

... I find that majority of characters have their own issue in this manga which is what the wrtiter is going for to explore a world in which people she the world through different filters, hence why everyone in the Iris Zero world have their own inner demons.

I think for Kuga its her ability to she peoples emotion so easilt with an Iris like that its easier for a person to lose their own sense of emotion thus she seems abit cold. The interesting thing I'm waiting for is to see what inner demons Koyuki could possibly have...?
Old 2011-04-05, 12:50   Link #384
azurena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
I'm waiting for is to see what inner demons Koyuki could possibly have...?
lol, I am hoping that shes a hidden yandere character but the chances of that are low.
azurena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 18:31   Link #385
Shadow5YA

That's if Koyuki has any inner demons. Her stubborness and faith in others may stem from her Iris. Because she knows when a person is qualified, she can easily place her faith in another person without empirical basis.
Old 2011-04-05, 20:27   Link #386
Riltz
⌂ Vulcan 300 ⌂

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurena View Post
lol, I am hoping that shes a hidden yandere character but the chances of that are low.
lol im also hoping for a yandere Koyuki , something like after all this iris hunter ark Kuga (if she's still alive ) falls for Toru and make a really agressive move like kiss him while Hijiri and Yuki spy on them and when Koyuki see them (without getting spotted by anyone) suddenly butterflies, butterflies everywhere (on Kuga) .
Riltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 23:55   Link #387
Sixth
Hu Tao

Evil Koyuki going to be awesome.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 15:27   Link #388
yongshun

Well now we know the reason for Kuga's warped personality. Be interesting to see how koyuki tries to help kuga

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 15:39   Link #389
azurena

lol, kuga's plans were shattered cause of toru's intelligence plus koyuki's popularity. i loved how shocked she looked. shes like a amatur playing go against a 9dan go pro. jk, but i wonder how they are going to help her "overcome" being a bitch her mental wounds.
Old 2011-04-14, 17:10   Link #390
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

double release!!!!

Spoiler for 17+18:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 17:20   Link #391
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I’m a little disoriented as to her position. I kind of feel like the interpretation the manga gave to it was pretty shallow; to say the least.
Old 2011-04-14, 17:22   Link #392
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurena View Post
lol, kuga's plans were shattered cause of toru's intelligence plus koyuki's popularity. i loved how shocked she looked. shes like a amatur playing go against a 9dan go pro. jk, but i wonder how they are going to help her "overcome" being a bitch her mental wounds.
Eh. She did well, considering it took two people to counter her. And she came pretty close to breaking them up before they could combine, too.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 23:52   Link #393
dragonspit4

man..... I really think Kuga is so cool.... and that she is super smart...... I think that she is probably 2nd smartest in the whole main character group after Toru....

Kuga's ability to analyze people is probably as good as Toru since she has the power to see ppl's emotions....

I think the main character's Iris are all super powerful:

Kuga: ability to see people's emotions (talking to people and using the right words, u can probably somewhat predict what people are thinking, ie mind reading.... this can be done since Kuga is very cleaver and is very good at analyzing ppl just like Toru.....)

Koyuki: ability to see Qualified person (depend on what the question is, this can be applied so that Koyuki can always find the right person for the task, which mean that pretty much most mysteries can be solve since she can always find the right (qualified) person that can resolve the issue (ie.finding the solution to the problem))

Yuki: ability to see lies (she is the super lie detector that will surely helps alot in any kind of detective work)

With Toru's analyzing ability that put himself in other ppl's shoes, plus Kuga (mind reading), koyuki (solution finder), and Yuki (lie detector), they are an unstoppable group that can pretty much solve any mystery......

My favourite character is definitely Kuga since she is super smart and she is so cool... and she has a very strong personality that made her want to get revenge on the Iris users................. plus, she is the cutest girl in the group.....XD

My least favourite character is Koyuki since she is a kinda dumb, but the crying scene in the rain at chapter 16 added alot of points for her.....
dragonspit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 00:03   Link #394
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonspit4 View Post
My least favourite character is Koyuki since she is a kinda dumb....
I doubt she'd get to where she's at being dumb. I would say she's extremely naive...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 00:22   Link #395
yongshun

Quote:
man..... I really think Kuga is so cool.... and that she is super smart...... I think that she is probably 2nd smartest in the whole main character group after Toru....

Kuga's ability to analyze people is probably as good as Toru since she has the power to see ppl's emotions....

I think the main character's Iris are all super powerful:

Kuga: ability to see people's emotions (talking to people and using the right words, u can probably somewhat predict what people are thinking, ie mind reading.... this can be done since Kuga is very cleaver and is very good at analyzing ppl just like Toru.....)

Koyuki: ability to see Qualified person (depend on what the question is, this can be applied so that Koyuki can always find the right person for the task, which mean that pretty much most mysteries can be solve since she can always find the right (qualified) person that can resolve the issue (ie.finding the solution to the problem))

Yuki: ability to see lies (she is the super lie detector that will surely helps alot in any kind of detective work)

With Toru's analyzing ability that put himself in other ppl's shoes, plus Kuga (mind reading), koyuki (solution finder), and Yuki (lie detector), they are an unstoppable group that can pretty much solve any mystery......

My favourite character is definitely Kuga since she is super smart and she is so cool... and she has a very strong personality that made her want to get revenge on the Iris users................. plus, she is the cutest girl in the group.....XD

My least favourite character is Koyuki since she is a kinda dumb, but the crying scene in the rain at chapter 16 added alot of points for her.....
A Harem detective agency nice...
you know I am tempted to think of them as the new Mystery Inc. Crew all they need is a talking dog.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 04:20   Link #396
azurena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Eh. She did well, considering it took two people to counter her. And she came pretty close to breaking them up before they could combine, too.
lol, i guess. i just typed that out of boredom in class but i also assumed that she got that far with the help of her childhood friend so she didnt really do it alone?
Old 2011-04-15, 04:30   Link #397
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I doubt she'd get to where she's at being dumb. I would say she's extremely naive...
Kind of the same in my book really. Cause extreme naivety makes people act dumb. Its one of the main reason I couldnt really get into this series. My harem sense arent telling that the other two much more interesting girls like the main guy, and the naive-dumb girl is just too annoying and worse - main heroine to that.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 09:18   Link #398
dragonspit4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Kind of the same in my book really. Cause extreme naivety makes people act dumb. Its one of the main reason I couldnt really get into this series. My harem sense arent telling that the other two much more interesting girls like the main guy, and the naive-dumb girl is just too annoying and worse - main heroine to that.
Yes, I completely agree. The naive-dumb girl is just too annoying. They should make it so that Kuga hooks up with Toru.... then they will be the best mystery solving couple....since they are both really smart and analytical.... Although, the sad thing is that it will probably not be possible....
dragonspit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 16:54   Link #399
waffo
25% Unknown

Send a message via AIM to waffo Send a message via Yahoo to waffo
I wonder if another Iris Zero will eventually show up, at least for a little.
waffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 22:37   Link #400
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Yes, I completely agree. The naive-dumb girl is just too annoying. They should make it so that Kuga hooks up with Toru.... then they will be the best mystery solving couple....since they are both really smart and analytical.... Although, the sad thing is that it will probably not be possible....
That is precisely the reason why Kuga and Toru would not make a good pair. They do not complement one another's abilities. Toru does not need another person to do the thinking for him. What he needs is a personality that gets along well with everyone in public. Koyuki, who is liked by nearly everyone and is considered the school idol, is the only one who can do what the social outcast Toru can't.

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen