Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-12, 13:10   Link #81
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
I came across this on danbooru beta and cos I'm also a big marimite fan it really tickled my funny bone
Spoiler for Jigoku Shoujo X Marimite crossover:

source is from here and it has up to page 15...
This is not the first time that I saw a Marimate version of Jigoku Shoujo, as I saw another one on the Wonderland board a few weeks ago.
Old 2006-01-18, 00:06   Link #82
Sakuya
*Artist

Finally, it's been such a long time! Episode 15 was pretty good.

Spoiler:
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 12:47   Link #83
TBox

Where do I go if I want to talk about how, in episode 9, Ai is clearly obsessing over paper cranes, and what this means about her feelings towards her situation, without raw watchers piling on with "Old news" comments?

Anyhoo, I thought it was a really nice touch in the slowly developing story that is Jigoku Shoujo.
TBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 14:33   Link #84
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBox
Where do I go if I want to talk about how, in episode 9, Ai is clearly obsessing over paper cranes, and what this means about her feelings towards her situation, without raw watchers piling on with "Old news" comments?

Anyhoo, I thought it was a really nice touch in the slowly developing story that is Jigoku Shoujo.
I'd say go ahead.. since i don't remember anyone having specifically pointed out the paper cranes and their meaning... i think.. ^^0

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 15:12   Link #85
TBox

Well, I have a nasty tendency to pretend everything is obvious due to unfortunate "Stop patronizing me" experiences in my past.

Just for the people who aren't clued in, there's a strong japanese legend that if you fold a 1000 paper cranes, you'll get a wish. It's shown up as an important plot point in Some Other Anime that I forget at the moment... If you google for it, you'll find the heartwarming story of a girl named Sadako who tried folding cranes to help her deal with her cancer. It's gone on to be a big antiwar fundraiser, ruining a perfectly good fairy tale by giving it relevance to the modern world.

Whatever happened to wishing for money, women, and power? Glurge makes me ill.

But anyways, I take her obsession with cranes as a sign that Ai truly is not happy with her situation, but I think we could've guessed that anyways. Nice of them to confirm it, though.
TBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 16:19   Link #86
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

When will the soundtrack going to be released?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 07:52   Link #87
Mizkyu

Nipponsei say the street release day is the 25th of January.
Mizkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 10:09   Link #88
Woko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Finally, it's been such a long time! Episode 15 was pretty good.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Woko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 07:58   Link #89
reiayanami20

Send a message via MSN to reiayanami20
Episode 15

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...31N9PRR66XXB9X

OR

http://bbs.winsong.org/job.php?actio...024&aid=272055
reiayanami20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 22:32   Link #90
GunSharp

Thanks for the link and thanks for the hard work!
GunSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 08:42   Link #91
pinkboxers

I've just began watching this series not too long ago, and the plot intrigues me.

We always see an old man, a beautiful woman and a young man accompaning the Hell Girl on her "missions". From the way they address her, I assume that they serve her. But their identities are a mystery and up till the series I've watched, their names and backgrounds haven't been revealed.

For some reason, Hell Girl gives me the impression that she does not like to receive a "mission" but she has to do it. Do anyone feel this way or is it just me?

Anyhow, this series is a good watch and I would strongly reccommend it to people who are interested in karmic retributions. Seeing that the only 9 episodes have been subbed, it isn't surprising that the story behing Jigoku Shoujo has not been revealed. However, I hope that the background of Jigoku Shoujo, for instance, the purpose of Hell Girl and the identity of the three companions, will be revealed before the end of the series
pinkboxers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 16:39   Link #92
Sakuya
*Artist

I think a major breakthrough is that we actually get to see Ai look sad, and actually look sad in episode 15. I thought that was a surprise, it was as if she was feeling sorry for the couple.
Old 2006-01-22, 16:31   Link #93
guess

do you guys think if this will get licensed?
Old 2006-01-22, 18:56   Link #94
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woko
Spoiler:
I think the question is more like, "why (did this tragedy have to happen)?"
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 19:31   Link #95
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkboxers

I've just began watching this series not too long ago, and the plot intrigues me.

We always see an old man, a beautiful woman and a young man accompaning the Hell Girl on her "missions". From the way they address her, I assume that they serve her. But their identities are a mystery and up till the series I've watched, their names and backgrounds haven't been revealed.

For some reason, Hell Girl gives me the impression that she does not like to receive a "mission" but she has to do it. Do anyone feel this way or is it just me?

Anyhow, this series is a good watch and I would strongly reccommend it to people who are interested in karmic retributions. Seeing that the only 9 episodes have been subbed, it isn't surprising that the story behing Jigoku Shoujo has not been revealed. However, I hope that the background of Jigoku Shoujo, for instance, the purpose of Hell Girl and the identity of the three companions, will be revealed before the end of the series
The "Hell Girl" is Enma Ai. Enma is the King of hell who judges souls in the afterlife and sends them to appropriate areas of hell. We don't know if Ai is the Queen of the underworld or if she serves someone else. Her three helpers have names, but you have to look at the official website. The sexy woman is "Hone Onna" (Bone Woman), the young man is "Ichimoku Ren" (One-eye Ren), and the old man is "Wanyuudo" (maybe "Wheel Priest"). Hone Onna does a lot of spying and is the red straw doll, Ichimoku Ren has eyes everywhere and is the blue straw doll, and Wanyuudo also serves as Ai's flying chariot and is the black straw doll.

I'd agree that sometimes Ai doesn't like doing her job especially when the cases seem trivial or unjust. However, when it seems like the people going to hell really deserve it, her voice sounds like she enjoys sending them. In the episodes to follow, you'll begin to see more development into Ai's feelings, especially episode 13. Although she seems to be emotionless, listen to her conversations with her "grandma" and her facial expressions or body language when people make decisions. I believe that she's also trying to get help indirectly from Hajime by sending visions to Tsugumi.
Old 2006-01-24, 23:11   Link #96
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Jigoku Shoujo Ost Released!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-25 at 01:28. Reason: Don't force people to load such big images. Spoiler tags don't stop the need to download the picture so I made it a thumbnail.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 02:55   Link #97
Sakuya
*Artist

The OST is awesome! No good pictures in in though. As for episode 16, I previewed it and it seems like it will have a very original...revenge story. At least it seems a bit different compared to all other episodes. Unfortunately, this stupid computer is lagging and can't view the episode well. So, I'll have to comment tomorrow.
Old 2006-01-25, 07:53   Link #98
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
The OST is awesome! No good pictures in in though. As for episode 16, I previewed it and it seems like it will have a very original...revenge story. At least it seems a bit different compared to all other episodes. Unfortunately, this stupid computer is lagging and can't view the episode well. So, I'll have to comment tomorrow.
What's good on the OST? I was just going to buy the single for the opening song.

As for episode 16, I liked two things: the twist and how we got to see a little more feeling from Ai. Click here if you wanna see the episode summary and pics. (And I'm sure Jelly Caption Team will have the fansub ready soon as well.)

Next week's episode looks interesting also.
Old 2006-01-25, 09:02   Link #99
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex_japan
What's good on the OST? I was just going to buy the single for the opening song.
Contains BGMs of JigokuShoujo and the full version of the ending song.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 10:19   Link #100
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

The OST just ROCKS. And the irony is, I've never, ever, listened to some tracks that are in this OST inside the anime, but, these happen to be my favorite from the whole album! I'm talking about 三藁捜査線 (track 7), 真昼の太陽 (track 8) and 復讐の行方 (track 12).
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror