AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-04-27, 18:20   Link #3161
Arararagi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticichi View Post
So Raku's fake love for Chitoge became real love and overtook the already real love he feels for Onodera? He's made progress with both of them and his love for Onodera doesn't seem to be lacking so I don't get how this could ever happen. They were never on an equal playing field since the beginning so Chitoge must really matter much more than anything else for that kind of end.

Since Chitoge and Onodera are leading in regards to Raku's feelings, the one he promised must be one of them(assuming the promise is marriage/love). The better story would be for Chitoge to be the promised girl so that Raku will have to make a choice since by then Chitoge wouldn't be far behind Onodera in love. Chitoge being the promised girl may bump her into equal territory with Onodera imo.
I agree with what you said about raku's true feelings for onodera, but my point is just that is there another explanation for the story's title besides chitoge? I can't seem to figure out another reason so im hoping someone else can.
Arararagi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 19:02   Link #3162
Death Usagi
Banned

Sometimes a title doesn't really mean the one that pertains to that title will be the winner or something.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 01:34   Link #3163
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
it would be something like this. Raku's waiting to confess to onodera like Yuuki Rito was in the beginning of TLR Onodera would be about the same ruri would be pushing things. Assuming chitoge still transferred like the original he would hate chitoge and ignore her. Tsugumi would be gone. I suspect marika wouldn't be there. haru wouldn't be there nor would Yui. In truth the drama makes this story very much readable.

Yes chitoge has powerful armor but it doesn't do much for her at this point because if you asked him to choose between her marika and onodera (with no problems from all parties) Onodera wins by a country mile. Because really even though in the story there's zero development his feelings for Onodera are far higher then the other girls.
Why wouldn't Marika, Haru and Yui be there? They're pretty much unaffected by the fake love. I agree that he probably would not have much contact with Chitoge. As for Onodera, it seems tricky. On the one hand the special relationship between Raku and Chitoge made Onodera insecure while on the other Chitoge's presence withing the group created a lot of activities that also brought Onodera closer to Raku (e.g. Chitoge's birthday preparation)

I'd say in this particular universe, if Raku/Onodera manage to confess before Marika's inevitable impact, it's smooth sailing for them (and yes, wouldn't make much of story). If Marika arrives before that it would just take a little longer, though - he never really showed serious interest in her.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 03:55   Link #3164
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Why wouldn't Marika, Haru and Yui be there? They're pretty much unaffected by the fake love. I agree that he probably would not have much contact with Chitoge. As for Onodera, it seems tricky. On the one hand the special relationship between Raku and Chitoge made Onodera insecure while on the other Chitoge's presence withing the group created a lot of activities that also brought Onodera closer to Raku (e.g. Chitoge's birthday preparation)

I'd say in this particular universe, if Raku/Onodera manage to confess before Marika's inevitable impact, it's smooth sailing for them (and yes, wouldn't make much of story). If Marika arrives before that it would just take a little longer, though - he never really showed serious interest in her.
I'm going by the assumption that the 4 key's wouldn't be a part of the storyline so Yui and marika would be gone as for Haru she only really appeared to protect her sister from the perceived playboy that is Raku ichijou so she would be irrelevant also.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 07:00   Link #3165
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
I'm going by the assumption that the 4 key's wouldn't be a part of the storyline so Yui and marika would be gone as for Haru she only really appeared to protect her sister from the perceived playboy that is Raku ichijou so she would be irrelevant also.
Playboys(life) find a way.
Old 2014-04-28, 07:06   Link #3166
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Y'know, given how Raku's a successor to Yakuza head, it's not unimaginable to have a harem end, but then again having it end that way is a total antithesis to what his dream would be like. He wants to get a regular job and lead a regular life.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 08:49   Link #3167
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW

Quote:
If I remember correctly, Death Usagi only speculated on a situation without the mafia-yakuza conflict. That, by itself, doesn't necessarily rule out the key plot. Or at least, it doesn't mean Raku wouldn't be childhood friend with Yui and Mari.
kyou13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 12:20   Link #3168
Death Usagi
Banned

One other thing is how Yui and Mari coming to Raku's neighborhood had nothing to do with Chitoge.
Old 2014-04-28, 12:52   Link #3169
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyou13 View Post
If I remember correctly, Death Usagi only speculated on a situation without the mafia-yakuza conflict. That, by itself, doesn't necessarily rule out the key plot. Or at least, it doesn't mean Raku wouldn't be childhood friend with Yui and Mari.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
One other thing is how Yui and Mari coming to Raku's neighborhood had nothing to do with Chitoge.
Kyou Death usage did say just no mafia-yakuza conflict. But I believe that the reason that the conflict is there because it makes a perfect conflict with the key plot. Raku is caught between three loves. The fake relationship with chitoge. The feelings for onodera and the feelings for his promise girl. Yes the key plot can exists but if you get rid of the fake love what you get is essentially Love Hina (with a larger school base) and I don't think that would work very well with the characters we currently have.
Old 2014-04-28, 12:57   Link #3170
Death Usagi
Banned

Story-wise yes, but I am wondering how Raku would have dealt with his life if Chitoge never got involved with it.
Old 2014-04-28, 16:13   Link #3171
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Story-wise yes, but I am wondering how Raku would have dealt with his life if Chitoge never got involved with it.
If you are talking about him and Onodera, it wouldn't be any different. Both of them would still be too shy and suffer the blown-head syndrom every time they are alone out there. It would need some serious bending by Ruri and Shuu to get them on track, which would have taken a long, long time. Don't think they would have gotten it done before Marika and then Yui showed up and screwed everything up.
Old 2014-04-28, 16:47   Link #3172
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
If you are talking about him and Onodera, it wouldn't be any different. Both of them would still be too shy and suffer the blown-head syndrom every time they are alone out there. It would need some serious bending by Ruri and Shuu to get them on track, which would have taken a long, long time. Don't think they would have gotten it done before Marika and then Yui showed up and screwed everything up.
gotta be honest marika didn't really screw anything up nor (to this point) has Yui. Raku acknowledges marika's feelings but I don't think that he has feelings for her. Yui he calls nee-san which to me definitely doesn't change anything. If asked to choose now I still say he'd go dera
Old 2014-04-28, 16:54   Link #3173
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
gotta be honest marika didn't really screw anything up nor (to this point) has Yui. Raku acknowledges marika's feelings but I don't think that he has feelings for her. Yui he calls nee-san which to me definitely doesn't change anything. If asked to choose now I still say he'd go dera
You misunderstood me, by screw up I mean simply by appearing they cause enough disturbances to derail them. Onodera doesn't have the confidence to overcome her shyness if a girl like Marika's running around and clinging to Raku the entire time and when she hears of the engagement she'll be mentally devastated and has to be built up again. Same with Yui.
Old 2014-04-28, 16:57   Link #3174
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
You misunderstood me, by screw up I mean simply by appearing they cause enough disturbances to derail them. Onodera doesn't have the confidence to overcome her shyness if a girl like Marika's running around and clinging to Raku the entire time and when she hears of the engagement she'll be mentally devastated and has to be built up again. Same with Yui.
That's definitely true its kinda irritating but as I've said before onodera or raku confessing pretty much ruins the story. Plus for some reason I get the sense onodera also knows more then she's admitting
Old 2014-04-28, 17:41   Link #3175
Death Usagi
Banned

About Yui though, I don't think we know enough about her to judge what she would do @_@;
Old 2014-04-29, 10:10   Link #3176
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

There is currently a lot of talk about Yui and what if she is the key girl. However I'm still on the side that Fuu is the destined girl.

http://www.mangareader.net/nisekoi/78/3

See how she was visibly shaken when Haru told her Raku saw her panties twice? There is a reason why the author introduced her in such a subtle way. When Raku and Fuu first met when cleaning the pool it was done in just one panel. Suspicious?

This is how I see it. All of the girls were there ten years ago. Fuu is the daughter of the owners of the resort Raku and his father stayed at. She stayed at the resort and helped with the family during the day so she couldn't play with the other kids. Haru being the age as her stayed around while the older kids played. During the night when there was less work she would play outside and that's where she met Raku. She never played with the other kids since she was only allowed to go out at night.

This would explain where Haru was ten years ago since it wouldn't make sense for only Kosaki to be there despite being only one year apart.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 10:19   Link #3177
Death Usagi
Banned

Don't you think you are reading too much into it, what if Fuu was just like that because he saw her best friend's panties twice?
Old 2014-04-29, 10:24   Link #3178
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Don't you think you are reading too much into it, what if Fuu was just like that because he saw her best friend's panties twice?
I might be, it's just that I'm desperately trying to convince myself that the author actually has this series planned out and not just trying to pull shit from his ass week after week.
Old 2014-04-29, 12:36   Link #3179
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

I still think this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
Is anyone getting vibes that the new gal is going to be a bad girl? Final boss even?

She seems to know everyone, which puts Chitoge on a bit of an island, and has her key jammed in Raku's locket.

I could imagine she tried to unlock it out of jealousy and denial that she wasn't Raku's chosen, so hard that it broke and jammed the lock. Now comes back with a mafia of her own...

Just sayin'

Thats a pretty good plot, and a nice way to end it to boot. Yui broke the lock when they were kids 'cause she was pissed she wasn't "The One" and she tried to force the locket.
Old 2014-04-29, 12:48   Link #3180
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Adding to my theory above, in chapter 107 Fuu seems to like to take photos a lot. What if she had this hobby since she was little and her photos becomes an important artifact to Raku's past?

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life