Old 2011-06-24, 10:00   Link #5122
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Canada ranked worst of G7 nations in fighting bribery, corruption
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2032347/
It's a bit unexpected.
My guess that the census is done from US. Technically speaking, Italy should be the worst, followed by US.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 10:29   Link #5123
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I suppose, one fights terribly if one doesn't have anything to fight.
Old 2011-06-24, 11:06   Link #5124
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I suppose, one fights terribly if one doesn't have anything to fight.
It seem than the issue isn't corruption withing our borders but of canadian compagny than ''acts'' on the international...
Old 2011-06-24, 11:14   Link #5125
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Canada ranked worst of G7 nations in fighting bribery, corruption
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2032347/
It's a bit unexpected.
I think despite what the article says (comparisons between the US and Canada) that there's a scale and criteria problem. The NGO appear to be simply counting the number of convictions (e.g. Canada 1, US 200) and doesn't have a real definition of what it considers to be "bribery". *I* consider the scale of "political donations" in the US to be nothing BUT bribery, graft, and coercion ... none of that is counted at all.
Old 2011-06-24, 12:16   Link #5126
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I think despite what the article says (comparisons between the US and Canada) that there's a scale and criteria problem. The NGO appear to be simply counting the number of convictions (e.g. Canada 1, US 200) and doesn't have a real definition of what it considers to be "bribery". *I* consider the scale of "political donations" in the US to be nothing BUT bribery, graft, and coercion ... none of that is counted at all.
Considering how Italy buys PIGS debts through their banks in secret, and how their media is being controlled by a perverted oyaji, I think US is still better off as they have stronger control over the world economy - at least all that lobbying resulted in foreign policies to serve American interests.

Though it is sad to become Big Corp interests instead of American interests - BoA is already starting to look like Gazprom.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-24, 18:31   Link #5127
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Talk about a death at a funeral! A shocked Russian woman reportedly died from a heart attack after waking up during her own funeral.

As mourning relatives filed past her open coffin the supposedly dead woman suddenly woke up and started screaming as she realised where she was.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...id=91690&tsp=1
well at least she died in the right places and all the arrangement has been made.
Old 2011-06-24, 22:07   Link #5128
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Sheep go back to school at Ewe of Vermont
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...06-24-19-45-31
Old 2011-06-25, 00:25   Link #5129
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Holy, Japan takes idol manufacturing to a new level!
http://gizmodo.com/5814813/can-you-f...beautiful-girl
After Miku, I'm sure Gibson would make another comment about this development. It's been a very long way since Sharon Apple.
Old 2011-06-25, 03:48   Link #5130
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Chinese crested-Chihuahua mix deemed 'ugliest dog'
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...06-25-02-31-19
What's the f..king idea ?
Old 2011-06-25, 17:49   Link #5131
Xion Valkyrie

Real news vs FAUX NEWS headlines:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/actua...news-headlines
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 19:20   Link #5132
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Wow looks my state finally showed it's brain last month...
Florida Bestiality Law Passes On Third Attempt, Awaits Governor's Signature
Quote:
Florida, your long nightmare is over!

No, I'm not talking about the current reign of your grifter governor -- that's a nightmare of much shorter duration.

At long last, and on its third attempt, the Florida legislature has succeeded in passing an anti-bestiality bill. From the perspective of the folks outraged about what happened to this goat, this is their "Osama bin Laden has been brought to justice."

Here's the story from Brian Hamacher of NBC News in Miami:

Quote:
The bestiality bill (SB 344) bans sexual activity between humans and animals and has been championed for years by Sen. Nan Rich, from Sunrise.

Rich took up the anti-bestiality fight after a number of cases involving sexual activity with animals in recent years, including a Panhandle man who was suspected of accidentally asphyxiating a family goat during a sex act and the abuse of a horse in the Keys. The bill would make such acts a first-degree misdemeanor.
Thus ends a long and frustrating quest for Rich, who has been trying to pass such a law since 2009. It seemed certain that she would prevail on her second attempt, but the measure foundered in Florida's State House of Representatives because lawmakers "said they didn't want to be accused of wasting time addressing a rare crime when Floridians needed them to help create jobs," and that they "also didn't want to debate the icky subject in public meetings occasionally frequented by children."

But today, hooray! Success at last. Hamacher reports that now, "It's up to Gov. Rick Scott to sign off" on the bill. Which means there's still reason to worry, because if there's a governor in America who could screw this up, it's that guy.
Well still stupid and silly it told three tries to pass... surely they couldn't have screwed this up somehow...

Oh Wait...
Florida's Bestiality Law May Have Accidentally Outlawed Sex Entirely

Quote:
There may be some terrible news to report out of Florida today, depending on how the state's residents have collectively decided to apply the basic science of biological classification to their lives. Last week, we noted some good news: The Florida legislature had finally passed a law that would outlaw bestiality and preserve the innocence of Florida's native fauna.

At the time, I posited that only shiny-pated grifter-Governor Rick Scott could possibly foul up the effort. But over at Southern Fried Science, blogger "Andrew" points out that the law's wording has basically outlawed sex entirely:
Quote:
An act relating to sexual activities involving animals; creating s. 828.126, F.S.; providing definitions; prohibiting knowing sexual conduct or sexual contact with an animal; prohibiting specified related activities; providing penalties; providing that the act does not apply to certain husbandry, conformation judging, and veterinary practices; providing an effective date.
Click here for a handy visual provided by Southern Fried Science that elucidates the fact that human beings are smack dab in the middle of the animal kingdom -- by which he means the "group of multicellular, eukaryotic organisms of the kingdom Animalia" and not the horse that won the 2011 Kentucky Derby (being "smack dab in the middle" of a thoroughbred horse is a situation the law originally intended to prevent).

Andrew ends with a quip:
Quote:
So if you’re living in Florida on October 1, 2011 and would like to have sexual intercourse with a consenting adult, please check with your veterinarian or local livestock breeder first to make sure you abide by "accepted animal husbandry practices, conformation judging practices, or accepted veterinary medical practices.”
(As it happens, I already check with my veterinarian and local livestock breeder prior to intercourse, but my therapist tells me that this is a "fetish" that he'd like me to consider discontinuing.)

UPDATE: Good news and sweet relief for the people of Florida. Per the Southern Fried Scientist, here's a "a slightly less humorous but technically correct" way of looking at things:
Quote:
The problem with this interpretation is that the statute itself explicitly distinguishes between "persons" and "animals," prohibiting sex acts between the two groups. A court facing a question of interpreting the statute would almost certainly read the statute's use of the term "animals" as "non-human animals," both to avoid absurdity and to conform with (1) the intent of the drafters; (2) the purpose of the statute; and (3) a commonly used (if scientifically inaccurate) understanding of the term 'animal" to exclude humans.
All well and good, but we remind you that this is the legislature that twice failed to pass a law banning bestiality, so one can't have complete faith that "absurdity" can be "avoided" in any event.

That said, to all the people in Florida who made love tonight with the added passion of knowing you might be breaking the law: you're welcome.
/facepalm
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 19:24   Link #5133
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Man, writing laws is suffering.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 22:12   Link #5134
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Politic in Florida seem to be rather complicated, no ?
Old 2011-06-27, 20:55   Link #5135
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
No 'him' or 'her'; preschool fights gender bias

http://beta.news.yahoo.com/no-him-he...122541829.html

Spoiler:

The world has lost it's mind.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 21:39   Link #5136
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Dead Massachusetts man sought for jury duty for 5 years.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...06-27-11-28-07

Ohio deputies: Woman sprayed us with breast milk
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...06-27-14-09-46
Old 2011-06-28, 01:26   Link #5137
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post

Spoiler:

Yeah... I don't care about gender roles, but seriously, guys. Grammar.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 07:12   Link #5138
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

News about the US legislation and economy are starting to crack me up, so more of them are to be moved here instead of being in the normal News thread :

Is your child a tax cheat?

What's next? Forcing the child to go to work so he can start paying income taxes?

No wonder they say the Fed is bankrupt : both monetarily and ethically.

Old 2011-06-28, 07:59   Link #5139
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post

Spoiler:

By George Carlin standards this is a sophisticated form of child abuse.
Old 2011-06-28, 09:19   Link #5140
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
The horror is this isn't "silly", its a travesty. The mouthpiece of Rupert Murdoch laid out in the spotlight. Its pathetic to watch the local FOX news channel... they've hired the most marginal people (because anyone with a clue runs like hell away) so you get grammar hell, misspellings, tabloid monster headlines.. as well as the intrinsically misinforming tripe as the examples present here.

Tags
humor