AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-26, 16:42   Link #1
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

+Anima

Has anyone here read any of this manga? It's one of my personal favorites, mainly for the characters, and am very grateful to Toriyama's World for translating it. I can't wait for the next chapter, and thus for more Cooro, Husky, Senri, and Nana...

So... anyone else here read this gem?
Old 2004-01-26, 17:43   Link #2
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Has anyone here read any of this manga? It's one of my personal favorites, mainly for the characters, and am very grateful to Toriyama's World for translating it. I can't wait for the next chapter, and thus for more Cooro, Husky, Senri, and Nana...

So... anyone else here read this gem?
Well, I thought of reading it, but never did. For those who haven't read it, could you care to give a quick synopsis? .
Old 2004-01-26, 18:53   Link #3
AnimeFangirl

Synopsis shynopsis, just read the manga. It's one of those titles that might be termed a "light-hearted romp" in that everyone seems to be having fun and nothing particularly deep or serious seems to be going down. I like that, it cheers me up. Plus Cooro and Husky are just so cute! Only thing is, TW hasn't released a chapter in ages. I'm thinking of buying the Japanese manga somewhere along the line, since it's only 5 volumes.
Old 2004-01-26, 20:22   Link #4
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
Synopsis shynopsis, just read the manga. It's one of those titles that might be termed a "light-hearted romp" in that everyone seems to be having fun and nothing particularly deep or serious seems to be going down. I like that, it cheers me up. Plus Cooro and Husky are just so cute! Only thing is, TW hasn't released a chapter in ages. I'm thinking of buying the Japanese manga somewhere along the line, since it's only 5 volumes.
I tried out the 1st part, and wasn't very interested. No offense. It seemed kinda Wolf's rainish, but without the robots and the bleak atmosphere.
Old 2004-01-26, 21:11   Link #5
AnimeFangirl

"Interesting"? As in there's supposed to be a story? Don't kid yourself, boy. You're supposed to look at Cooro and Husky and go "How cuuute!" And forget everything else. That's how I read +Anima anyway.
Old 2004-01-26, 21:31   Link #6
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
"Interesting"? As in there's supposed to be a story? Don't kid yourself, boy. You're supposed to look at Cooro and Husky and go "How cuuute!" And forget everything else. That's how I read +Anima anyway.
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say *that*. I admit, there is no story, but I just love the interaction between teh characters. I, for one, definitely like this manga, if only for that.
Old 2004-01-26, 21:37   Link #7
AnimeFangirl

I liked the interaction between Cooro and Husky in the first few chapters, especially the tension between their conflicting personalities. Right now they're a little too buddy-buddy for me, it's taken some of the "edge" off the manga. Not that it had much edge in the first place, really. You know, I'd like to see a +Anima anime sometime. Just 6-13 episodes or even just an OAV.
Old 2004-01-26, 23:10   Link #8
Ookla The Mok

I think volume 7 came out recently...anyway, it's not 5 volumes, and it's not over.

Elae said she would have another chapter done soon. She's probably been busy with school.
Old 2004-01-27, 00:36   Link #9
AnimeFangirl

Ah, my sources were mistaken then. Either way this is good news, thanks Ookla.
Old 2007-12-11, 06:55   Link #10
chrissy098

i tink the first book is the best whos with me
Old 2007-12-11, 10:05   Link #11
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
My brother picked that up at our library the other day, and I skimmed through it pretty quickly. I don't know much about the plot, but I think the fantasy world created by this series is actually fairly interesting. I'm thinking about adding it to my to-buy list.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2007-12-12, 07:03   Link #12
chrissy098

i am drawing the characters i will try and get them on the computer
Old 2008-01-17, 21:14   Link #13
Cocopuffs240
Berri

i just started reading it my friend showed it 2 me was intrested by the cover but when i got into all i couls say was AAAAAAHHHHHHH SSSSSOOOOOOOOO CCUUUUUUUUUUTTTEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! i no kinda childish but still the characters and the drawings all i can say was i am hooked
Closed Thread