AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-03, 20:59   Link #121
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Compared to the manga, neither am I. Only five more days until Ookami is out. Hopefully that doesn't suck too.
Old 2008-01-03, 23:27   Link #122
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Spoiler for first impression:
Well the series gets good when a certain plot twist happens but before that sadly you have to deal with monster of the week for quiet awhile unless Gonzo decides to speed things up.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 23:34   Link #123
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Well the series gets good when a certain plot twist happens but before that sadly you have to deal with monster of the week for quiet awhile unless Gonzo decides to speed things up.
Well that thing that happens that you are talking about is last 2 chapters od volume 5 (chapters 20-21), so it is not far away. Yes it was monster of the week but there were some fights that were really good and they happend early on.
Old 2008-01-04, 00:43   Link #124
noob3d
馬鹿やろ

Spoiler for First impressions for episode 1:

So far its too early to tell if its good but I was assured that the story really gets good later on so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 2008-01-04, 01:24   Link #125
U<3Anime
Boo!

For any anime watchers who think the main character is another one of those stereotypical weak guy in harems, trust me, he becomes more badass later on. As for now though, you just really have to deal with "monster of the week", unless Gonzo decides to cut corners. (Which I have a feeling that they will probably introduce all the girls as fast as possible.)
Old 2008-01-04, 02:14   Link #126
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Keitaro (Love Hina)
Well, that's different. It is a canonical establishment that Urashima Keitaro is indeed immortal.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 02:16   Link #127
NakedAngelX

First 4 minutes of the show was suprisingly good, innovation is what i'd call it haha.
Until the girl appeared and the battle scene were a bit knights of zodiac + sailor moon?

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Old 2008-01-04, 03:34   Link #128
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
For any anime watchers who think the main character is another one of those stereotypical weak guy in harems, trust me, he becomes more badass later on. As for now though, you just really have to deal with "monster of the week", unless Gonzo decides to cut corners. (Which I have a feeling that they will probably introduce all the girls as fast as possible.)
That sounds nice.
Though I want to point out that it's stereotypical for weak guys to become stronger/badass as the story progresses.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 03:36   Link #129
Sassarai
Army of One

You can see the panties without even a low camera angle. That's too much fan service. Daisy duke skirts!
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 03:41   Link #130
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

I find it interesting that this thread is trapped here: Aired, but yet Fansubbed nor Licensed; and not big enough to squeeze into Current Series.

After watching the first episode, i'm thinking about giving the series a try. I drop the manga after it eats into my patience; and since i've been anticipating this release. Why? Anime is faster paced and therefore it's easier to swallow the villain of the week thing.

One of the plus that i like about this series thus far is the henshin sequence. Some stuff get changed (er... upgraded) and some don't!

On the minus side, while i don't mind having full load of fanservices, the pantsu shots are definitely excessive. Hopefully they cut back on that in the future.
GoldAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 04:26   Link #131
longshot

id say for the 1st episode we should refer to a vampire food before our unlucky/lucky guy here.....im refering to hiro from monster princess.....hes been a food source for vampires before an look how it turned out i wonder how tsukune will fare
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 05:20   Link #132
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
That sounds nice.
Though I want to point out that it's stereotypical for weak guys to become stronger/badass as the story progresses.
Well, yea it is for action shouen, but its not something that I normally see in a harem
Old 2008-01-04, 05:41   Link #133
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

After Reading The Story In ANN I Find It interesting Anime...
Well I will Watch The First Ep ...And I Will Say If It Better Than The Anime Falls
Because There People (My Brother) Say The Winter Season Full Of Stupid Animes
Old 2008-01-04, 06:41   Link #134
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
1st Ep impressions:

Is it me or does the animation feel "off". The character design is ok but the flow just doesn't feel right. Plus you can see places where they cut corners very clearly by either reducing frame rate or just single colour surface instead of some textures seconds before (eg. when she puts down the can of juice onto her lap.)

Plot wise this is still all too cleché to me. And I have read up to vol 9 of the manga.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 07:06   Link #135
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Awnnn, nothing special, deja vu ton of times. The plot don't entertain me, so hope they put more fanservice in next fillers, at least keep my eye on it.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 07:16   Link #136
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

man i cannnnnot wait
Old 2008-01-04, 10:02   Link #137
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
You can see the panties without even a low camera angle. That's too much fan service. Daisy duke skirts!
Scary thing is that you can see her pantsu even when she is standing still...over milking if you ask me :/

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 10:52   Link #138
Westlo
Lets be reality

Personally I'll take the over abundance of panty shows over g cup breasts from the last gonzo series.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 13:55   Link #139
U<3Anime
Boo!

Finally got around seeing the first episode. Here are my impressions:

-Pretty good animation, but there also scenes where GONZO is just being straight out lazy. Ex. The scene where Tsukune runs down the stairs.

-Too much panties shots. I don't even remember the first chapter having this many(and being this distractive), but I might have to look back and check.

-Like what a user said above, the flow of the episode felt kind of inconsistent. I think they might have straight out rushed it. This is another thing that I would like to go back and check.

-BGM....hmmmm I think it's actually pretty good? What do you guys think?

-No preview...what the heck and I already got enough of Moka's panties shots. Enough is enough -_-

But overall impression is so far so good
Old 2008-01-04, 14:08   Link #140
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Either you're thinking of something completely different than what I see coming from miles away or you're misusing the word "twist". This is a shounen fighting show. So ...

When you read a crime story and suddenly somebody dies then you're also not calling this a "twist", right.

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire