AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 11 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 32.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 24.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.99%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 15.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-18, 20:45   Link #61
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Well, this episode had 7 written all over it. It had a lot of plot progression, but there were too many shudder points that mark the second season for me.

Yuji's discussion about what will happen when he disappears had a strange flashback for me. I had completely forgotten about the morbid nature of a lot of the first 6 episodes of SnS S1, and it really reminded me why I got into this series to begin with: It's horribly depressing.
That said, I'm beginning to think that JC Staff may pull an anime original ending and have Yuji finally disappear...

Also, please, Kazumi, join Yuji! Become a flame haze, or call Pheles and get her to make you another Reiju Maigo! Kazumi+Yuji=Ai
There would be something fitting to Yuji disappearing; he had, after all, made his peace with that fate in S1, before he found out about the Reiji Maigo. The question, of course, is where Shana would fit in. Yuji had before been happy that at least Shana would remember him, but that outcome certainly isn't going to be good for Shana. Your comments also reminded me of why I loved season 1 so much; the Konoe arc was so weird early this season partly for that reason. It looks like it just helped setup all the current craziness.

And when is poor Shana going to get the chance to do her confession? Maybe that'll knock Yuji out of his "I've got to become a badass Tomogara funk".

Anyhow, I'm genuinely looking forward to the subs for this episode, and being able to understand the dialogue for myself.
Old 2008-02-18, 21:10   Link #62
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I think some people just want Yuji to disappear.

I on the other hand would be heart broken to so Shana sad =(

I think it'll end with Shana and Yuji leaving together. If you paid attention to the lyrics of the opening, it's about them on their new journey together.
Old 2008-02-18, 21:25   Link #63
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I think it'll end with Shana and Yuji leaving together. If you paid attention to the lyrics of the opening, it's about them on their new journey together.
I think so too....
Old 2008-02-18, 21:42   Link #64
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Yuji finally tries to dump Yoshida while in Serious Business-mode, and still screws it up. Thanks a lot, Yuji, now she's even more emo.

Also, wtfevilflaminginsectdemon. The insect-like appearance puts me off, but other than that it's pretty lulzy.

A little disappointed that Yuji isn't going to bust out some wtf-hax and start swing around that giant sword of his, throwing silver flame everywhere. *cough* "Holding the citizens hostage", hmm? Hopefully that'll turn out to be reasonable enough a reason to keep his cool and meekly walk into the trap or whatever.
Old 2008-02-18, 21:47   Link #65
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
I think some people just want Yuji to disappear.

I on the other hand would be heart broken to so Shana sad =(

Generally I tend to ignore lyrics. Sometimes they're relevant, other times they're just really neat to see.

Really, I don't want to see a happy end here. I feel that a happy end leaves too much open. After all, Yuji is going to disappear at some point in time, so you know it's going to eventually be a sad end. Might as well show it and make it more dramatic.
Old 2008-02-18, 22:23   Link #66
feRfe

"Yuji finally tries to dump Yoshida while in Serious Business-mode, and still screws it up. Thanks a lot, Yuji, now she's even more emo." hahah lol ( :

yuuji pretty much gave up on himself, no longer believing his proper identity is sakai yuuji so he goes emo and forms a hard gay "resolve"...
-.---

"And when is poor Shana going to get the chance to do her confession? Maybe that'll knock Yuji out of his "I've got to become a badass Tomogara funk"."

ye definitely
Old 2008-02-18, 23:20   Link #67
nines
I much prefer the 2d

This episode kinda pissed me off i was into how yuji was like moving forward slowly but then bam he turns into like some one that just dosnt care anymore lol. Now shana and that annoying girl are all like blagh x.x this epi just pissed me off but yay atleast something kind of moving forward happened at the end and.
Old 2008-02-18, 23:35   Link #68
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by feRfe View Post
Maybe that'll knock Yuji out of his "I've got to become a badass Tomogara funk".
Hey. Whatever gets results.
Old 2008-02-18, 23:42   Link #69
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Did anyone die yet.

Gard darn it

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-02-19, 00:28   Link #70
BigGimp77

Yuji just needs to go crazy and start a killing rampage...

I hope they finish this season off right...

On a side note... Has the anime been true to the novels for the most part and are the novels translated yet? I really don't want an anime only ending because then I'll have to go read the novels to find out what was really spose to happen.
Old 2008-02-19, 00:33   Link #71
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Why does Yuji have to disappear? even without the silver, he'll have the reiji meigo. Unless someone steals the Reiji Meigo Yuji is eternal. And from what I know/heard

Spoiler for speculated foresight:
Old 2008-02-19, 00:54   Link #72
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
Has the anime been true to the novels for the most part and are the novels translated yet? I really don't want an anime only ending because then I'll have to go read the novels to find out what was really spose to happen.
The anime has been true to the novels for the most part.

Also without spoiling anything, the 2nd OP does point that the Anime will not have an anime only ending
Old 2008-02-19, 01:05   Link #73
BigGimp77

Quote:
Why does Yuji have to disappear?
I would be kinda pissed if he disappeared. The whole series to this point has been about keeping him alive. Even if he disappeared in some self sacrificing way, it'd probably leave me with the "Ok I just felt I watched two seasons for nothing" feeling.
Old 2008-02-19, 02:25   Link #74
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
This was a decently good episode, and I enjoyed a lot of it. Even though no action really happened, I was not bored for any part of it. 8/10

Shana turned super-cute this episode. In fact, this episode might be pretty shitty and I was just staring at Shana the whole time.
Old 2008-02-19, 02:33   Link #75
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
I would be kinda pissed if he disappeared. The whole series to this point has been about keeping him alive. Even if he disappeared in some self sacrificing way, it'd probably leave me with the "Ok I just felt I watched two seasons for nothing" feeling.
That's how I feel as well.

Anyways, I thought this episode was built quite excellent. Everything seemed perfectly placed. Shana was quite cute this episode. Now Yuji is being a jerk about his mom? Oh no he didn't! For goodness sakes, this lead can't seem to get things right no matter what he does.

Two things:

1) Yoshida is an emo bitch, don't make her more emo and say "I'm in a different world."
2) How the hell did you learn more than you ever learned before in like two episode's time?

This episode is better than an 8 but not as good as a 9, but I round up so it gets a 9/10.
Old 2008-02-19, 07:29   Link #76
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Ahh...Nice episode.

-What I noticed about Yuuji is that he's the one suddenly becoming negative, or it could be as Margery said, that he was acting as though 'possessed' by something. He was not only lying to Shana (about Chigusa), he was also lying to himself. His actions are in complete contrast to what he spoke to Shana about his mother, at least in this episode alone. For someone who claims that he's ready to leave familiar grounds, he certainly didn't have a look of resolve with him, but looked as though he was in another world of his own.

-I wouldn't call Yuuji a fool for the botched rejection, since he's still lying to himself about being able to put all his worries aside to leave and go with Shana, but it was poorly done. Considering how he had put off clarifying his stand and accepting Kazumi's kindness in the form of bentos for a extremely long period of time (which in effect could have resulted in misleading her), even with various circumstances, breaking the news to her when she comes to you isn't the way to do it. 'Half-assed' would be more like it, since if he did have the resolve to leave, he would take the initiative to tell Kazumi of his decision instead of waiting for the poor girl to come.

Now she's literally REAL fodder for bashing.

-It's getting to me. Kazumi's monologue, that is. I could easily forget about it if she was a greatly involved in the world of the Guze, but it almost seem as though there was supposed to be lots of emphasis on her character. In other words, I'm a little clearer about what Shana fans were complaining about: It was as though the time devoted to 'watching her thoughts' could be better used on other 'more important' stuff.

-Eita, you left your guts in the shoe locker? In any case, I hope he gets over the damned guilt plaguing him soon and pull himself together. Or maybe Ogata can give him a kick from behind or take the first step FOR him, if the preview might be an indication of that.

-Speaking of the preview...What's this? A hostage situation? Sounds interesting. We might either get to see Yuuji do some flashy stuff or get his mindset screwed back in the right place in some ways.

Extra notes:
-Chigusa is still my favorite motherly character.
-Zarovee was pretty entertaining, probably more so than the three leaders of Balle Masque added up together. Sure, Hecate is cuteness personified, but you don't get sentai added with a funny way of speaking from Bel-Peol or Sydonay.

*Is it me, or is Bifrons related to....Sabrac? They look a little similar in certain areas.
Old 2008-02-19, 08:28   Link #77
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I found it interesting that Yuji had this new found reslove but in the process of getting it he has forgotten some things along the way. Even though he is a mystes he maintained the fact that he was going to live as a human but the way hes acting now to me its not about him sucking up his fate. To me it looks like hes running away in some sorts. I dont think i can protect my friends so ill leave with Shana well neither Shana nor Kazumi agreed with his new out look. Im going to agree with them i dont like him the way he is now. He is forcing himself and the way he is forcing himself is not going to get him very far hes to anxious and in battle that can get you killed. In the end even with his new found reslove to leave and blah blah he still didnt noticed that he was being targeted while walking with his head in the clouds i say he still has some training to do. I like Yuji as a character i think he has great potential and at his core he is pure of heart I just hope he doesnt do anything stupid. Looks they are all fighting for their life next week. Im hoping im not hearing deathbells ringing for him i really hope he survives till the end and actually gets to stay in his town maybe as the protector it would be a good way to sum up everything he has been fighting for since season 1 having his disappear just doesnt seem to work at least for me.

Wow Yuji's mom is real sick i cant tell if she is actually sick or if she is having morning sickness. If she is with child thats another sign to me that Yuji might not be around at the end either he will gone or he will die and this child will be one his parents can cherish since they wont remember him. sigh i forgot how sad some of the undertones could be in Shana im sad now.
Old 2008-02-19, 10:12   Link #78
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Why does Yuji have to disappear? even without the silver, he'll have the reiji meigo. Unless someone steals the Reiji Meigo Yuji is eternal. And from what I know/heard

Spoiler for speculated foresight:
Because of exactly that: With the Reiji Meigo, Yuji is eternal. And what an eternity means is that anything and everything will happen to Yuji. At some point, maybe 20 years from now, maybe 100, something is going to go wrong, and somebody is going to take the Reiji Meigo, or Yuji is just going to use too much power. And as soon as he loses that, he loses the eternity.
This is subscribing to the "If you have an infinite amount of monkeys with an infinite amount of typewriters, they will write every shakespeare play" theory.

AKA, the end of Yuji is already set. It's just delayed.
Old 2008-02-19, 10:36   Link #79
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
In the end even with his new found reslove to leave and blah blah he still didnt noticed that he was being targeted while walking with his head in the clouds i say he still has some training to do.
normally a flame haze can sense a tomogara from a mile away but zarovee has something to hide his small existence, that is why no one noticed him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im hoping im not hearing deathbells ringing for him i really hope he survives till the end and actually gets to stay in his town maybe as the protector it would be a good way to sum up everything he has been fighting for since season 1 having his disappear just doesnt seem to work at least for me.
haha, you have no idea.
Old 2008-02-19, 10:46   Link #80
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
normally a flame haze can sense a tomogara from a mile away but zarovee has something to hide his small existence, that is why no one noticed him.

haha, you have no idea.
Ok so you just added to my depression lol the outcome looks bleak for our plucky hero. If im reading what you wrote correctly.