AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-15, 12:27   Link #21
Turtleen
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Turtleen Send a message via Yahoo to Turtleen
Quote:
So... how many of you/us outside Japan will be importing this the moment it becomes available for foreign delivery?
Quote:
I just hope that the difficulty level of Kanji is on the level of Episode 4, then everything should be alright. As long as there are no sudden flashes of bio-science or something like that, I should be able to get through just fine.
So anyone else reading it directly in Japanese?
Mine should be in the mail right now Excited to get it. I also hope the kanji doesn't suddenly become something specialized... I think my kanji fluency is grade 4 equivalent or something xD; Usually it's good enough for a rough idea of what's happening, and I can't help myself reading it before the patch comes out so I just keep the kanji dictionary by the computer now.
Old 2009-08-15, 12:28   Link #22
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
It's 1.9 GB
Holy Beatrice! Seriously?!?

Wow....this is mind-screw at its best.
Old 2009-08-15, 12:31   Link #23
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Holy lol 1.9Gb? Either it does have the previous Eps with it, or episode 5 is pretty damn long.

I'm already leaning towards ordering it online. On the possibility that the english patch would take a while, does anyone know if the AtlasDictionary+TextHooker combo used for Japanese games work with ONScripter games?
Old 2009-08-15, 12:32   Link #24
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Holy lol 1.9Gb? Either it does have the previous Eps with it, or episode 5 is pretty damn long.

I'm already leaning towards ordering it online. On the possibility that the english patch would take a while, does anyone know if the AtlasDictionary+TextHooker combo used for Japanese games work with ONScripter games?
Majority of the filesize for all Umineko games come from the music and the character portraits, not the actual script itself.
Old 2009-08-15, 12:43   Link #25
cap

Quote:

yeah, it does work, that's how I'm gonna read it since my japanese is at pretty low level
Old 2009-08-15, 12:47   Link #26
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Alright then time to order online...
Old 2009-08-15, 12:47   Link #27
Sammich
Crazy Quoting Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap View Post
yeah, it does work, that's how I'm gonna read it since my japanese is at pretty low level
Does that give you a reliable translation?
Old 2009-08-15, 12:50   Link #28
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's reliable in the most basic form in my experience. In the end you'll have to reinterpret the text since the translation is somewhat literal, but if you have a basic grasp of Japanese syntax and the English language it shouldn't be a big issue.
Old 2009-08-15, 12:53   Link #29
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Damn, I can't wait for the translation, Witch Hunt, take your time.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-08-15, 12:53   Link #30
cap

just as MeoTwister5 said, plus it's always a chance to learn something in japanese
Old 2009-08-15, 12:56   Link #31
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well about 10% of the time the text can get so garbled and mangled that not even a PhD will get any meaning out of the text.

Most of the problems will likely come up for complex terms.
Old 2009-08-15, 13:10   Link #32
cap

well, it's a machine translation after all, but it's always better than not understanding almost anything

can't be helped
Old 2009-08-15, 15:10   Link #33
actawesome

I think Witch Hunt should read the episode before they start translating. xD Don't you guys agree?

Anyhoo, I assume they'll get it done before Ep 6 comes out. They've been really fast so far. Give it a few months though, guys.
Old 2009-08-15, 15:40   Link #34
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by actawesome View Post
I think Witch Hunt should read the episode before they start translating. xD Don't you guys agree?

Anyhoo, I assume they'll get it done before Ep 6 comes out. They've been really fast so far. Give it a few months though, guys.
Well I think that's what they always do XD;;
Old 2009-08-15, 16:26   Link #35
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:

Could you elaborate on what that is?
Old 2009-08-15, 16:47   Link #36
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Ahh... Erika is making shit confusing, and the massive amount of flash backs to the previous games gets a little repetitive
Old 2009-08-15, 17:34   Link #37
Magicberyl

Go Go reading party.

Qustion:

Spoiler for Pop me:
Old 2009-08-15, 17:37   Link #38
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicberyl View Post
Go Go reading party.

Qustion:

Spoiler for Pop me:
So far...
Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2009-08-15, 17:52   Link #39
zorahk

I just got this working on my Mac. Why is the game so much bigger than episode 4 since it doesn't even have those arcs lol.
Old 2009-08-15, 17:53   Link #40
Kitsu
The unlucky one

It has the music, spirits, backgrounds etc of the old games and the new ones. So of course it's bigger. And the new music is awesome btw