AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-27, 14:35   Link #101
larethian

oh really. didn't know that, as I followed the kouryaku, and restarted from the save points. LOL!

EDIT: oops. now that I looked at it again, I missed this completely: いずれかのEND後に最初から
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 01:08   Link #102
charles88

Does people who finihed the game i have question to ask.

Who is Akira mother and is she still alive?
charles88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 03:57   Link #103
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

The only answer that can be given here is: we don't know. Probably not the answer people would imagine, but it directly ties in to how the resolution of her story is reached. You should understand what i mean after the next week's episode
Old 2010-11-02, 11:45   Link #104
Dr. Casey

I read that Yosuga no Sora takes place in 1943. Is this true?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 11:55   Link #105
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Hmm, I wouldn't think so, considering they've got like Cellphones and stuff.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 12:18   Link #106
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yeah, regarding 1943, not true. Not only do they have cellphones, but Sora complains about not having access to the Internet. It takes place roughly in "present day", but in a very rural area of Japan that isn't a bit more behind the technological times. That's why it has that sort of old, rustic feeling.
Old 2010-11-02, 13:18   Link #107
Slayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Where did you get that info?
Like everyone says, it takes place roughly in "present day" but because it's in a very rural part of Japan...

Oh and I'm happy to hear a lot of positive responses on the anime's soundtrack so most likely they will love the eroge's soundtrack as well
Slayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 17:50   Link #108
Seitsuki
Onee!

There was a part I didn't quite get...

Spoiler for Sora route:
Old 2010-11-18, 19:24   Link #109
Slayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
There was a part I didn't quite get...

Spoiler for Sora route:
Spoiler for Sora route:
Old 2010-11-19, 00:16   Link #110
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayn View Post
Spoiler for Sora route:
You suure? I guess that would make sense, as she doesn't exactly reference it the next day but.. y'know.. she *was* going all "answer me" and kinda *inviting* him.. or maybe I'm just reading too much into it..
Old 2010-11-19, 00:45   Link #111
larethian

Quote:
You suure? I guess that would make sense, as she doesn't exactly reference it the next day but.. y'know.. she *was* going all "answer me" and kinda *inviting* him.. or maybe I'm just reading too much into it..
What Slayn said is correct.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 01:57   Link #112
Seitsuki
Onee!

Well, whatever. Just thinking it woulda been pretty funny really damn weird if she caught him lol.

On another note, does the fun disc (that's what it's called on the box so screw all you purists :P ) contain any full routes for the original characters (by which I mean not Kozue/Yahiro just Sora is fine <3 ) or is it just random sidestories ala the Tsukihime fun disc?
Old 2010-11-19, 02:12   Link #113
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
On another note, does the fun disc (that's what it's called on the box so screw all you purists :P ) contain any full routes for the original characters (by which I mean not Kozue/Yahiro just Sora is fine <3 ) or is it just random sidestories ala the Tsukihime fun disc?
It contains 3 main routes:

- Sora (extra content to fill the gap in the original game between the climax and the epilogue)
- Kozue
- Yashiro

It also contains one little bonus route with everyone (kind of an omake/special).

(And yes, it does clearly say "Fun Disk"... and it's Haruka na Sora. A lot of people call it "Haruka no Sora" for some reason.)
Old 2010-11-19, 04:25   Link #114
Slayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
(And yes, it does clearly say "Fun Disk"... and it's Haruka na Sora. A lot of people call it "Haruka no Sora" for some reason.)
My bad, yeah he's right it's called "Haruka na Sora" (I always forget the fandisk has the "na" in there in the title )
Old 2010-11-19, 20:15   Link #115
Seitsuki
Onee!

More Sora <3 and since it's ~1/3 of the disc rather than 1/5 that makes it more worthwhile!

Oh and I'm interested in knowing, which route did you guys like best? I came in with a bias for Sora (character design, not the whole twincest thing.. >_> ) and though it did take me a while to find her route (refusing every girl from the start foists the maid on you, then since I always reloaded from the initial first choice with Nao I basically had to endure the other 3 routes as well) I do believe that was the intention of the makers as it gives you all the background information and makes the story more immersive rather than simply confusing at times.

So after playing through the routes these are my conclusions: Motoka felt random and tacked on, Nao I just couldn't sympathise with so never really got into it (skipped through swathes of her and Motoka actually ^^; ), Akira and Kazuha were both thoughtful and enjoyabe and combined made for a thoroughly engaging experience but of course in the end Sora takes the cake for me. This was one of the few routes in a VN where I was seriously in doubt as to the merit of ero content because to me Sora isn't really that kind of fan service character, she's fragile and delicate and someone I'd rather comfort and hold tight rather than want to see naked (which was partially what made thsoe scenes when they did come up pretty awkward for me @_@ ) And while I have to admit parts of her scenario may have felt rather strained or contrived at times I didn't really care or notice because the story draws you in and you come to really care for the characters (which is actually something that's hard to do.) However while I wish this route wouldn't have to rely on the whole twincest thing to gain some of it's fans (rather than liking it for it's own merit) I have to admit the whole *they've known each other since they were born, are two sides of the same coin, destined to be together etc* vibe probably won't have come off as well in any other case. Oh well twincest is still win either way :3

One last note, I've realised I don't hate Nao as much as most people seem to. Whilst there is certainly dislike, which I think maybe was intentional on the writer's part, I don't believe it warrants the level of antagonism that most people credit her with. Sure her Freudian excuse doesn't in any way excuse or justify her actions but at least you can see her reasons and desire to be loved which she isn't getting from her parents etc. My biggest gripe with the issue really was just the whole "how dare you corrupt Haru before Sora can get to him" sortta thing
Old 2010-11-19, 22:22   Link #116
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I've said before that I think it makes a lot of sense to play all the other routes first and do Sora last; even if it isn't required, I think it frames the story a bit better. At the same time, I do understand why the game writers only made people do one route first (because Sora was the main draw for buying the game for a lot of people -- you don't want to keep the fans waiting too long...)

As for the arcs, you basically summarized my preferences. Motoka felt tacked on, Nao was a bit hard to sympathize with, Akira and Kazuha were both quite good, but Sora's story was the highlight of the game.

I would say that the ero content in Sora's route is actually kind of important to the plot in a lot of cases, and I think part of the point of it was that she wasn't as "fragile and delicate" as she otherwise looked.
Spoiler for Sora's route:

As for Nao... I don't hate her, and I did play her story through to the end without skipping. But I do think the situation they setup to build their relationship (she does that to him in the past, but he accepts it and it's all okay with him) was troubling. So, even though the game showed them moving past this foundation to build a solid relationship, it was hard for me to get over the way it started. Plus it didn't help that I wasn't too big of a fan of the character design either (shallow though it is, I'm not a big fan of girls with short hair or glasses ).
Old 2010-11-19, 23:41   Link #117
Seitsuki
Onee!

Well I see where you're coming from and it makes a load of sense, but for me the reason she tried to seduce Haruka in *that* way was because

Spoiler for just to be safe:

With Nao, one MAJOR problem I had was how he could have so easily *forgotten* the incident. I mean in a period of four years you'd think something like that would stick in your mind not to mention he didn't seem terribly scarred and traumatised by it, so it's not like he has anything to selectively forget..
Old 2010-11-22, 01:56   Link #118
Seitsuki
Onee!

*moves here from anime thread*

was talking about something like this. It say's it's a book.. but also a CD. Not to mention being a crapload more expensive than anything else I've seen so far.

On another note.. relentless, was the one you preordered a LE of some kind? Or just a package put together by your seller? Can't find anything like it.. ;_;
Old 2010-11-22, 02:31   Link #119
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
was talking about something like this. It say's it's a book.. but also a CD. Not to mention being a crapload more expensive than anything else I've seen so far.
There's no CD; it's just misclassified on Amazon. And, as I said before, it's more expensive because it's a two-book set (over 450 pages in all), and also because it's self-published by the game maker.

Quote:
On another note.. relentless, was the one you preordered a LE of some kind? Or just a package put together by your seller? Can't find anything like it.. ;_;
They were pre-order bonuses at Getchu.com (sort of reminiscent of the pre-order bonuses that come with the games). I think a few different merchants had pre-order bonuses at the time; I just happened to spot this one and get my order in before it was gone. You won't find that now except on auction (maybe).
Old 2010-11-22, 04:42   Link #120
Seitsuki
Onee!

Hm... would you have been talking about something like this? Well the only Sora equivalent I could find was packaged with the books at a very cool 18k.. guess I'll have to give it a miss.. ;_;

In fact, all the limited stuff is pretty damn expensive.. haha guess that's why it's limited. Will settle for the vanilla 2 book edition and cry myself to sleep resolve to decide on buying stuff a lot faster

Thanks for your help :D

Tags
drama, eroge, romance