AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-02-01, 10:18   Link #141
Rurik
Golden

For me its better with Lights out, and usually with the Home theater 145 W each Channel (but not too loud) and my 42 Inch Plasma TV…when I’m really want to make some noise, I hook up the sound woofer, and Give a little Japanese lesson to all of my neighbors….

Back to reality…. I Use My PC, Lights Off and with the speaker of a small stereo, I really found such a bother using headphones….
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 10:57   Link #142
Chichi

Interesting topic. I occasionally watch any DVDS/downloadable movie files on my portable Apple Powerbook with headphones. I fondly remember doing so on a flight towards the UK from Japan, which made it considerably more durable.

Other than that, most of the time I watch via my TV, it being directly from broadcasted channels such as TV Tokyo, directly from laptop to TV or from DVD to TV. Normally I’d watch it accompanied so almost 100% of the time the sound comes from the TV.
Chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 12:30   Link #143
ShikaShika
無罪

Without headphones (not that I'd ever need any living on my own), lights usually on, but it's not something I pay much attention to.

A more interesting question... how many of you actually still watch your anime on your computer screen? I would have thought this practise to be virtually dead now that it's (technically) really easy to hook your computer up to your tv. My computer chair is nice to sit in, but it takes a back seat (no pun intended) to my tv couch, when it comes to watching anime, or anything at all for that matter.

I can of course understand if you're, for one reason or another, unable to hook your computer up to your tv. Still living at home with cranky parents or a tough roommate in college... still... would be interesting to know...

Someone probably made a poll like that already... *goes to find it*
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 12:52   Link #144
monir
cho~ kakkoii

With and without headphones.

With headphones when sitting up in my sofa bed. Without headphones when I'm lying down in my sofa bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
A more interesting question... how many of you actually still watch your anime on your computer screen? I would have thought this practise to be virtually dead now that it's (technically) really easy to hook your computer up to your tv.
My Phillip Tube TV is 20 inch while my SyncMaster 910T Samsung LCD is 19 inch. To me, size doesn't matter when the difference is only 1 inch.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 13:11   Link #145
teddycow

I'm always watching with lights off and without headphones, since I'm watching all my anime on my xbox It's alot better sound and screen when you watch it on Xbox and you get a bigger screen as well. If my brother isn't home, I sometimes watch it at his "cinemascreen"(80") with som real "cinema speakers" and such things, that's really soft, it increases the tension alot....So do you have any money left in your pocket, go and buy a "homecinema package", you won't regret it!!!.
teddycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 13:27   Link #146
Dark`
The Terror of Death

I used to watch anime with the speakers, but my mom has this habit of complaining about the noise level, even when it's not that loud! (Well....not that loud to me anyways). Since then I've started using headphones for everything I do on the comp (music, anime, gaming, whatever), which brings up a whole new set of complaints from my mom ("Can't you hear me?", "Hello, I'm talking to you.", etc).

And must of the time I do watch it with some lights on. 40W is the highest we have in the house, and I find my screen to be too bright for my liking actually, so most of the time I watch with lights on. Occasionally I'll watch in the dark (oddly enough, I usually prefer the dark, yet that doesn't seem to be the case with anime viewing at my comp...), but not very often.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 14:56   Link #147
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Lights on, crappy £10 speakers. I don't have a pair of headphones, and I'm certainly not using earphones... I keep the lights on because bright colours flashing in the dark do my head in...

I watch all of my anime on my computer, except occasionally my retail DVDs, which I watch on my TV. I don't think my TV would handle being hooked up to a computer, and monitors have better picture quality anyway.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 15:43   Link #148
Kensuke

I'm surprised how many of you watch anime in dark, I always watch anime lights on, unless enough light is coming from window.
I only use headphones when I'm using my laptop.

Uh, I watch a lot of anime on computer, even DVDs. I have anime-DVDs that have never been inside of DVD player.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 16:13   Link #149
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Nekkid, with some Barry White in the background .......Ooops, Wrong forum!

Pitchblack, on a pc, 30cm from a 17"monitor with a pair of headphones
so far no loss of sight or hearing
Old 2006-02-01, 16:31   Link #150
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat®

Pitchblack, on a pc, 30cm from a 17"monitor with a pair of headphones
so far no loss of sight or hearing

Nice...Nightbat®...Good to see us winged Night-creatures stick to the same plan of action ...

darkness FTW
Old 2006-02-01, 17:06   Link #151
Suikun

Like Streetor, the amount of light usually depends on the kind of anime, although I usually don't make this decision on a concious level (In fact, I didn't even stop to think about it till now).

ATM, I watch all of my anime fansubs through my Xbox on either my 20" bedroom TV or our relatively newly purchased 50" JVC HD-ILA TV (which is highly recommended, BTW) using just the TV speakers since I'm not nearly enough of an audiophile to care to have anything better.

The Xbox absolutely can't handle most H.264 encodes, though, so I'm guessing I'll have to invest in a notebook PC sooner or later to be able to conveniently watch many fansubs on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic
I don't think my TV would handle being hooked up to a computer, and monitors have better picture quality anyway.
Actually, that's one of the primary reasons I prefer to watch fansubs on a TV rather than a monitor. With the higher resolution of a PC monitor, you end up seeing a whole lot more encoding artifacts than you do on a TV. In fact, most fansubs come out looking near broadcast quality on a standard CRT television, whereas they just look so "DivX-ey" on a monitor to me.
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 18:43   Link #152
Epi
Otaku++

Lights off, on my bed, 5.1 speakers on a 120 inch screen on my wall via my projector. Only 800*600 res though... I'm not THAT rich
Epi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 18:52   Link #153
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I have many, many different combinations that change depending on what I'm doing at the time, where I am and what I'm watching but a constant is this: If I'm alone I use headphones. I'm one of the proud few to own a set of Sony Radialis headphones and even although the encodes usually aren't set up for it, they're great for DVDs and the noice cancellation makes it so I can keep the volume down and still hear everything perfectly.

Usually, with fansubs it's on my normal CRT monitor with the lights out and said headphones. Though I'm buying a new monitor soon. If it's a series of happy shorts like DiGi Charat I don't care if the lights are on or off. It's dark here anyway.

If it's a DVD, now it's in my computer with the lights out but previously it was on a 36" Trinitron Wega XBR. Since I sold it though, it's been on the monitor.

Our club meets at a theater so it's the same setup you'd have at the cinimas, minus the advanced audio channeling.

I watch four episodes of stuff a day on PSP (two on break at work and two at the gym) although that's been slacking lately due to a recent health problem. It'll pick back up again in two weeks or so.

I'm moving soon so I haven't bothered to upgrade my viewing yet until I see what my new place is like.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 19:00   Link #154
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Lamp set to dim. Reclined back in my chair. Often with snacks, drinks, and blanket. About 50/50 on the headphone/speaker ratio.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 13:29   Link #155
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Nice...Nightbat®...Good to see us winged Night-creatures stick to the same plan of action ...

darkness FTW

If you weren't a guy it could have worked out
Old 2006-02-02, 14:31   Link #156
Random Otaku
Anime-Ken

Send a message via ICQ to Random Otaku
Anything non-DVD I watch on my old 17" CRT (It's not even flat @_@), probably with a dimmed light if there's no light outside. DVD's on the other hand are more of a pleasure to watch, on a comfy coach and a 26" LCD TV.
Random Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 16:00   Link #157
Lumir

17" Flat screen moniter. Futuristic lamp on at low lvls of sunlight. In comfy chair reclined.
Lumir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 10:52   Link #158
Yuki-kun

With the lights off and either on my dad's Big Screen my mom's laptop or my gay tv with speakers
Yuki-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 20:31   Link #159
Spooky-Electric

Whether I watch anime with lights on or off depends on the series. For example, I don't think watching Texhnolyze is fitting with lights on.

However something like One Piece seems perfectly fine for lights on.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 20:15   Link #160
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
No headphones in the dark its like i am putting my self in whatever world of the anime that i happen to be watching
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote