AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-03-12, 05:17   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 100 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 07:52   Link #2
7runks
SSJ7
*IT Support

Good episode overall, slow paced nevertheless. The only thing to highlight was while Naruto was talking to Sakura.
7runks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 07:58   Link #3
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-12, 08:42   Link #4
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
Spoiler:
It fits Gai's style to me
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 08:51   Link #5
Fran~
floating away...

Shizune wearing the tactical gear is win...
Old 2009-03-12, 09:04   Link #6
EoT
~~

I thought the training part was very random..

Looks like we have at least another 3-5 episodes of filler and next episode is build up for a Naruto vs Guren fight
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 09:13   Link #7
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

just a quick question, what manga chapter does this episode correspond with to the manga? Or what was the "last" non-filler episode that can be compared to the manga? Just curious, cuz i want to figure out how long it'll probably take before it reaches the whole:

Last edited by miroku2192; 2009-03-12 at 09:33. Reason: not allowed for that i think?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 09:16   Link #8
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
just a quick question, what manga chapter does this episode correspond with to the manga?
None... this is a filler episode.

Quote:
Or what was the "last" non-filler episode that can be compared to the manga?
Episode 89.

PS: Miroku, remove the spoiler, is sanctioned even inside spoiler tags...
Old 2009-03-12, 09:33   Link #9
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
None... this is a filler episode.

Episode 89.

PS: Miroku, remove the spoiler, is sanctioned even inside spoiler tags...
Thanks for telling me what episode...i guess i'll go youtube and figure out what manga chapter that is but...im not allowed to have that even in a spoiler tag? didn't know that, i'll keep that in mind, thanks for the heads up !
Old 2009-03-12, 09:39   Link #10
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Thanks for telling me what episode...i guess i'll go youtube and figure out what manga chapter that is but...im not allowed to have that even in a spoiler tag? didn't know that, i'll keep that in mind, thanks for the heads up !
No Problem ^^

About spoilers, look at the Hunter's post:
Quote:
Thread Guidelines...

* Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
About the manga chapter: ch 342, but it's a little different from anime, in the order of the later events after the fight with Hidan and Kakuzu.
Old 2009-03-12, 10:01   Link #11
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
No Problem ^^

About spoilers, look at the Hunter's post:

About the manga chapter: ch 342, but it's a little different from anime, in the order of the later events after the fight with Hidan and Kakuzu.
man...that's like 100 chapters behind from where i am now...i knew i should've waited, i was at like 384, and i couldn't wait anymore after i got spoiled about a certain person, and was like NO I MUST READ NAOOO!!! and i got carried away, so much for waiting for the anime to catch up *sigh*. I guess the anime is getting a bit too slow paced for me, i can't stand it anymore.

and again, thanks for saving my @$$, definitely WOULD not want to be banned haha
Old 2009-03-12, 10:05   Link #12
Fran~
floating away...

go and read another manga... get caught up to keep your mind busy...

again, no problem at all ^^
Old 2009-03-12, 10:12   Link #13
zaxthezax

Cmon how long are they going to delay interesting content?
Lets get away from action to send pakkun, the fog is so evil!
Lets summon more teams for standing in fog doing exactly nothing, Konoha seems to have and overkill on ninja-recoursses.
Lets do another episode consisting of running through fog and forest.
Wow this is so boring

Just the NarutoXSakura scene was ok. Ok for a scene with crying about Sasuke.

Think i will finally stop watching until it gets back on track again...
zaxthezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 10:47   Link #14
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

WEAK SAUCE!!!

For the love of God, when is this filler over? And what makes me even sadder is the fact that when this is done...and the next manga arc is done...MORE FILLER!!!

FML
Old 2009-03-12, 12:18   Link #15
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
For the love of God, when is this filler over?
There are some rumors about the length of this filler arc and other stuff, but the moderators don't want people to post this kind of stuff, so... I'm sorry buddy
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 16:48   Link #16
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

The only good parts for me were the Rock Lee and Ten Ten synchro training and as much as I hate to say it, the Naruto and Sakura scene. Hinata should have disrupt the mood those two had by showing up and saying "Naruto-kun"

And do you think that Rock Lee and Ten Ten would make a nice pair?
Old 2009-03-12, 17:12   Link #17
Leode
The Legend

I might be an oddity for actually liking a lot of Naruto filler arcs, so I must say I am quite happy with the current arc. It's looking to be the best filler arc yet.

I mean, complain all you want but there are posters above me who could not figure out when this filler began. That just goes to show that the quality of this arc is indeed there.

This arc is turning out to be a tour-de-force for Naruto characters. We have the 8 (9 when you include Akamaru) currently assigned to this mission plus 4 more joining in the next episode.

"Lets summon more teams for standing in fog doing exactly nothing, Konoha seems to have and overkill on ninja-recoursses."

- if anything it is the opposite.

IF I were hokage, and there was a tailed beast out there and I knew that both Orochimaru and Akatsuki had forces deployed in the area, I think 12 is too small a mobilization. For a war resource like a Tailed beast, I would think sending out half the ninja in the village would be more appropriate.

This is a tailed beast were talking about here. One of those things nearly destroyed the entire village. 12 is a peanut force... even if it happens to have some of your best Jonnin in it.
Leode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 17:29   Link #18
GreenLama
Banned

I loved the scene between Naruto and Sakura while Naruto was sitting and thinking toward the end of the episode, I wont give away yet what they were discussing but it was definatly a nice scene and it made me miss ****** even more than I do now. No realy action to speak of here in the way of combat, but it was a good episode for story development and I look foward to episode 101. Last episode they referred to the giant turtle as "Biiju" and this episode they keep referring to it as "Three Tails", I wonder whats up with that?

I still hate the ending of the show in general, the stupid ending theme and the dancing is so damn annoying.
GreenLama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 18:02   Link #19
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankel View Post
The only good parts for me were the Rock Lee and Ten Ten synchro training and as much as I hate to say it, the Naruto and Sakura scene. Hinata should have disrupt the mood those two had by showing up and saying "Naruto-kun"

And do you think that Rock Lee and Ten Ten would make a nice pair?
Do you have something against Ten Ten . Don't think the girl should be punished by getting together with that guy. Not that I don't like Lee, but until he slows down a little hard to see him in a relationship. And considering Guy I don't expect he'll be slowing down any time soon.

Was just thinking "wow, I'm surprised Naruto hasn't run off yet." Of course I didn't consider they had to let him chat with Sakura for a moment before he could run off. I wouldn't go blaming the fog for his hallucinations either. He seems pretty prone to randomly doing that kind of thing. Such as when he went into that cave while chasing after Sasuke. Naruto might want to be the Hokage, but that's tough when you can't follow any orders and put the group at risk by running off.
Old 2009-03-12, 19:03   Link #20
Leode
The Legend

Yeah, the chat he had with Sakura actually had me worried a little since his indomitable will (which is what I like most about Naruto) seemed to be in doubt. I suppose it adds more depth to his character and is meant to illustrate his increasing maturity. Where the younger Naruto might have run off without a second thought, the older and wiser Naruto spends more time in deep thought before action.

Obviously Naruto still has a ways to go in regards to getting wiser. Being caught off guard while in deep thought for example is hardly wise, especially for a ninja on lookout duty.
Leode is offline   Reply With Quote