AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-04-22, 10:42   Link #1301
yvj
U Mad?

OK I am backpedaling on what I said a bit I don't mind a new central cast or a new location. However

1) I wish it didn't take place in the same time line as R2

2) If it is an OAV. well that is not enough material to develop a new plot line and bond with new characters.
Old 2010-04-22, 10:42   Link #1302
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Better than Lelouch? That's like more perfect than perfect!
well when i say better then lelouch, I mean more enjoyable to watch, haha I don't mean a better human being XD
Old 2010-04-22, 10:44   Link #1303
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
well when i say better then lelouch i mean more enjoyable to watch haha i don't mean a better human being XD
Better human being? That thought never even crossed my mind, so I think we're talking about the same thing. xD

Lelouch is hardly goodness incarnate.
Old 2010-04-22, 10:45   Link #1304
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
All I'm saying is if this is pre Zero Requiem, its going to need an amazing cast of characters and awesome battles for me not to see it as a massive waste of time.

Admit it, what everyone wants to know is if Lelouch's wish worked out they way he wanted to or not.
No, it didn't. Maybe for just sometime.
Also - what's the point of R3(lets call it this way) if everyone live their happy lives?
Old 2010-04-22, 10:49   Link #1305
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Keep in mind that Renya's story is a project by Goro Taniguchi, who is just as much of a co-creator as Okouchi. They both share joint credits for coming up with the original concept. I don't see why he would have any less of a right to try and tell a different story within the Code Geass universe he co-created.
Of course, I'm one of those who enforce the purist interpretation of the word "canon" but even I think of SnR as a canon project. I also think that to go back in time and explore a historical chapter in the world of Code Geass is the best choice for a new project. I would, personally, have preferred if they didn't produce anything new though but that's another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
I respect your personal opinion, but unless it contradicts something that happened in the original Code Geass story, I don't see why there would be any problems.

Lelouch of the Rebellion was all about Lelouch, yes, but I don't see how you can argue that there's no room for anything or anyone else. The entire world of Code Geass doesn't revolve around Lelouch, as much as it might seem so by the end of R2, and there's a lot of potential to tell different stories in the same context. Besides, unlike Gundam, this is simply the first attempt. It's all unexplored territory at this point.
I never claimed that the world of Code Geass revolved solely around Lelouch or that there isn't room for anyone or anything else. My point is that I think it's an insanely bad idea to extend the franchise beyond Lelouch of the Rebellion.
Old 2010-04-22, 10:49   Link #1306
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
No, it didn't. Maybe for just sometime.
Also - what's the point of R3(lets call it this way) if everyone live their happy lives?
Yes, it quite possibly did. Okouchi himself sees the endign as a happy one, and said that Lelouch's precious people will probably face better times now. It just won't last forever, most likely.

That aside, I thought "R3" (why R3? Reconstruction, revolution and... rabbits? xD) takes place during R2?
Old 2010-04-22, 10:53   Link #1307
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Yes, it quite possibly did. Okouchi himself sees the endign as a happy one, and said that Lelouch's precious people will probably face better times now. It just won't last forever, most likely.

That aside, I thought "R3" (why R3? Reconstruction, revolution and... rabbits? xD) takes place during R2?
>>> It just won't last forever, most likely. <- that's it, so his wish will only be granted for Nannully's generation - at max

R3 during R2 ? I'm talking about possible sequel here, lol
Old 2010-04-22, 10:54   Link #1308
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
I never claimed that the world of Code Geass revolved solely around Lelouch or that there isn't room for anyone or anything else. My point is that I think it's an insanely bad idea to extend the franchise beyond Lelouch of the Rebellion.
Then you are saying the same, as what Xander pointed out.
Care to elaborate more?

I too agree, that the part with Lelouch (and i am sure it wont be touched) must remain untouched, because afterall, it was his rebellion and his story that unfolded in the original series.
Now, if there is gonna be a spin-off, involving a few charas from the original, i do not really think that would be a bad idea. At least, don;t rule it out, before we get to see what it is like. /and then we can bitch, if it is bad.
kaizerster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 10:56   Link #1309
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
>>> It just won't last forever, most likely. <- that's it, so his wish will only be granted for Nannully's generation - at max
But Lelouch never said his peace would last forever - he just wanted to give people a chance to start over, which they did. So I'd say his plan worked.

How long it will last... *shrugs*

Quote:
R3 during R2 ? I'm talking about possible sequel here, lol
Yeah, but it was just said that this De Weisser thingy will take place during R2... wasn't it? Now I'm confused.
Old 2010-04-22, 11:00   Link #1310
konart

Quote:
But Lelouch never said his peace would last forever - he just wanted to give people a chance to start over, which they did. So I'd say his plan worked.

How long it will last... *shrugs*

Yeah, but it was just said that this De Weisser thingy will take place during R2... wasn't it? Now I'm confused.
As I see it - he wanted to leave a message to all damn people that they must overthink what they are doing and start their way to "love & peace" future. He left the message, but will it work out? Highly doubtfull

Deviser, lol. I'm talking about the possible sequel, not about Akito
Old 2010-04-22, 11:01   Link #1311
Ten-Go

Quote:
So, does this mean that Mr.Weisser will attempt to...
Spoiler for caaant be:
??
Ten-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 11:03   Link #1312
darthfury78

Quote:
Better than Lelouch? That's like saying, "more perfect than perfect"!

Hm, I kind of feel like I felt about the second season of Kuroshitsuji until I realized that one character might not be as cutely innocent as he pretends to be in that trailer. I have some hope, but I'm not really excited so far.

And actually, I don't want to know what happened to the world after Lelouch's death, because Okouchi made it sound very much like he intended it as an open ending, and I like my open endings.
The way Okouchi wrote the episodes for Season Two(single-handedly) was pretty much a rushed job with trying to tell the story to both the new and old audience. When one person writes the script for 25 episodes, he becomes very stressed out. A lot of scenes that was written just never made any sense, with all the pre-alterations that was made to ease the new audience. It just became so confusing when the staff had to drop a lot of things that might have made Season Two interesting. It was one big recycling of ideas used from Season One until it was time for Lelouch to depart from this world.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 11:05   Link #1313
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
As I see it - he wanted to leave a message to all damn people that they must overthink what they are doing and start their way to "love & peace" future. He left the message, but will it work out? Highly doubtfull
Lelouch himself said he was taking a gamble, and that he and Suzaku wanted to "break the never ending chain of hatred" so that people could move on and grasp the "future". Of course he'd prefer them to live in peace for all eternity, but he's not naive enough to think that very likely.

Quote:
Deviser, lol. I'm talking about the possible sequel, not about Akito
Hum, then I got confused about what sounded like "Lelouch's plan didn't work, or there wouldn't be a sequel".
In that case, I don't want a sequel, and neither do I believe that there'll be one, but... you never know. I'm all for a prequel, though. ...Clovis! *-*
Old 2010-04-22, 11:30   Link #1314
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
OK I am backpedaling on what I said a bit I don't mind a new central cast or a new location. However

1) I wish it didn't take place in the same time line as R2

2) If it is an OAV. well that is not enough material to develop a new plot line and bond with new characters.
We'll never know if it will take place after R2. Although, it'll likely be a OVA within the same R2 continuity. I think that Taniguchi will not be involved with any of the upcoming anime CG projects. But rather concentrate his time on the upcoming manga because it gives him the freedom to tell the story the way he wants without the restrictions that he faced when he directed the first two seasons of Code Geass.
Old 2010-04-22, 11:32   Link #1315
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Some people around 4ch translated this "De wisser" into "devicer" XD

So...who's right ?
Ah, I want my Geass sundays back. Best sundays ever

Quote:
Now, if there is gonna be a spin-off, involving a few charas from the original, i do not really think that would be a bad idea. At least, don;t rule it out, before we get to see what it is like. /and then we can bitch, if it is bad.
We can bitch if it's good as well. Or we can bitch trolls and haterz and so on.
That's why a new geass is in fact, wonderful :'D
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 11:33   Link #1316
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerster View Post
Then you are saying the same, as what Xander pointed out.
Care to elaborate more?
I'm not saying that there's no room for anything else. I'm saying that I think it's a bad idea to extend the franchise beyond Lelouch, beyond what the original author had in mind. The reason is that the original show would have been just another generic mecha show had Lelouch been replaced by a standard hero (think Gundam/KMF pilot). It's my gut feeling that such a project would not be anywhere near as successful as the original and if they tried to replace Lelouch with a similar character he would still be "that Lelouch-clone".

I don't expect you to agree with me though, I was just stating my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerster View Post
I too agree, that the part with Lelouch (and i am sure it wont be touched) must remain untouched, because afterall, it was his rebellion and his story that unfolded in the original series.
I see what you're saying and I think you have a valid point. I'm not saying that spin-offs are forbidden. Once again, I'm just stating my opinion. I, personally, could never welcome a new project that includes original characters unless the original author is there to write it. You probably think I'm weird but I find it extremely impolite and... intrusive to take it upon oneself to write something new using someone else's story and characters (edit: unless it's fanfiction of course), to pretend to know how someone else's story would progress and how that someone else's characters would think/act/behave. So, as long as a new project doesn't focus on any of the original main characters I won't hate it by default. Like I said, I too will give it the benefit of the doubt. =)
Old 2010-04-22, 11:41   Link #1317
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
This is going to be quite humourous. If the series maintains any resemblance of reality at all, we get to see Lelouch's dream of world peace crumble. Good job Lulu, ZR was quite the stunt but not quite enough to give your sister a peaceful world.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 11:42   Link #1318
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
No it's not quite the same. I'm not saying that there's no room for anything else. I'm saying that I think it's a bad idea to extend the franchise beyond Lelouch, beyond what the original author had in mind. The reason is that the original show would have been just another generic mecha show had Lelouch been replaced by a standard hero (think Gundam/KMF pilot). It's my gut feeling that such a project would not be anywhere near as successful as the original and if they tried to replace Lelouch with a similar character he would still be "that Lelouch-clone".

I don't expect you to agree with me though, I was just stating my opinion.

I see what you're saying and I think you have a valid point. I'm not saying that spin-offs are forbidden. Once again, I'm just stating my opinion. I, personally, could never welcome a new project that includes original characters unless the original author is there to write it. You probably think I'm weird but I find it extremely impolite and... intrusive to take it upon oneself to write something new using someone else's story and characters, to pretend to know how someone else's story would progress and how that someone else's characters would think/act/behave. So, as long as a new project doesn't focus on any of the original main characters I won't hate it by default. Like I said, I too will give it the benefit of the doubt. =)
Actually, the first season had a team of writers doing the story from their perspective. However, the entire episodes for season two was written by one author. Although, it would be nice to see the original team of the first season get together and work on remaking Code Geass R2 to its late night format. I don't think that Sunrise will allow Code Geass to return to the Thursday late night format. They might be hellbent on giving the show a better time spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
This is going to be quite humourous. If the series maintains any resemblance of reality at all, we get to see Lelouch's dream of world peace crumble. Good job Lulu, ZR was quite the stunt but not quite enough to give your sister a peaceful world.
Nunnally real dream was to be with Lelouch. In my opinion, the ending of the second season seems too much of a dream. It doesn't feel right because we're given an extreme example of what Lelouch could do if his loved ones aren't there to help him find a better solution, like Euphemia or Nunnally.
Old 2010-04-22, 11:53   Link #1319
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
Isn't it a spin-off happening at the same time as the first season (or between the time gap ?) If that's the case, Lelouch's dream should be fine for at least, another two years :P
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 11:54   Link #1320
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Actually, the first season had a team of writers doing the story from their perspective. However, the entire episodes for season two was written by one author. Although, it would be nice to see the original team of the first season get together and work on remaking Code Geass R2 to its late night format. I don't think that Sunrise will allow Code Geass to return to the Thursday late night format. They might be hellbent on giving the show a better time spot.
Yes I know that, I was not talking about writing scripts for certain episodes, I was thinking of the role of the main writer, the author. The other writers (I assume you're referring to Yoshino Hiroyuki and Nomura Yuuichi) were not free to do whatever they wanted with the story and/or the characters, that was still up to the "author", just like how Taniguchi Goro was still "the director" even though other people are listed as directors for the individual episodes.

Edit: I think you're right about Sunrise being hellbent on keeping anything related to the franchise on "primetime" time slots btw. ^^

Edit 2:
Quote:
So... what about screenshots of Nunnally & co? They are 100% post R2-ish.
And they are not from PD, aren't they?
Sorry konart, I completely missed your post. I assumed that they're related to the PD, yes.

Tags
drama, mecha