Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-08-17, 00:13   Link #141
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil0108 View Post
just curious how far are u guys in the project and is it mre then half way in? i am happy to find soeone taking their time to translate one of th greast anime out there. also do u guys think this game will be in english in general lie will the game come out in ameria?
I highly doubt it since apparently American gamers don't like VNs and it would never sell well in the US market well maybe to the CG fanatics, otakus, and me, but there is a small chance of the DS game getting licensed I seen clips of it on youtube it kinda reminds me of Mario Party.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 09:48   Link #142
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Eternal Dreamer, the lounge shortcut within Scene Directory is down, as well as the Shinjuku Ghetto shortcut.

Well, evil0108... Eternal Dreamer just finished the first route, the Geass route.

He is advancing onward to the Kuro no Kishidan/The Black Knights route now. I had him choose this so when he felt like doing the Shiseiken route it would be available to him.

Quote:
also do u guys think this game will be in english in general lie will the game come out in ameria?
Doubtful. Since the only Visual Novels North America has gotten is senseless H-games and some awful story-based Visual Novels. Out of the entirety of my list, I only like Hourglass of Summer (and even then it felt rather redundant in some areas)

Roloko vi Britannia, the entirety of the Rolo scenes are up and running.

I hope that helps. Or that may... or was utterly pointless, which I wonder?
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 11:47   Link #143
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Thanks for telling me about that error on the site, Arbitres. I've already fixed the problem so it should be fine now.

Also, to evil0108, as Arbitres said, we've only finished the Geass route right now, and have just started the Black Knights route. While I would say that a lot has been done already, as the Geass routes shares a lot of scenes with all the other routes, to be honest, I don't think we're even close to a quarter of the way done at the moment. It's going to take some time before this translation project is anywhere near it's intended goal for this game, and even once that's done we'll probably have to go back and redo several scenes later on, when my understanding of Japanese has improved enough for me to read the text without aid from the Internet. All in all, I would be surprised if this project lasted another two or three years, or even longer, depending on the circumstances.

As for the matter of an english release of the game, I also find it doubtful, at least in the current time, where Visual Novels really aren't that popular in North America. (Primary reason, most likely, being that the "mature" themes in many of them offends the "western" sensibilities/tastes of North American companies and society, thereby making them negative about them all in general, though that might just be my view on why. ) However, considering that the game is actually quite "reserved" when compared to many of the other VNs, I wouldn't discount the possibility entirely, if the companies in charge of such things saw a large enough market for the game here in North America. So I'll just say that it has low chance of happening for now, but the future is up in the open. (Though I wouldn't get my hopes up, as I don't yet see a way to get the desire of the game from CG fans visible enough for those companies to take notice.)
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 15:54   Link #144
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Eternal Dreamer, the lounge shortcut within Scene Directory is down, as well as the Shinjuku Ghetto shortcut.

Well, evil0108... Eternal Dreamer just finished the first route, the Geass route.

He is advancing onward to the Kuro no Kishidan/The Black Knights route now. I had him choose this so when he felt like doing the Shiseiken route it would be available to him.
Well we still appreciate the work you guys are doing, this looks incredibly tough to translate from the looks of it.

Quote:
Doubtful. Since the only Visual Novels North America has gotten is senseless H-games and some awful story-based Visual Novels. Out of the entirety of my list, I only like Hourglass of Summer (and even then it felt rather redundant in some areas)
I actually agree on this, when I go to a local store I buy games at, all I see is (Age 18+) because all that was in it was H-Visual Novel games, so I was basically bummed, not that I couldn't buy them......... But that it had no good storyline VN
Old 2010-08-24, 19:44   Link #145
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Sorry for taking a while, but Day 2 of the new route is done! Unfortunately, it's only two scenes this time around, since most of the other scenes at this point in the game have already been translated; a new scene with Kallen at the public park, and a new scene with Milly as well in the student council room. I've also changed the names of the Non-Word versions of the translations, since they were a bit...random before. (Sorry about that.) For the next batch, expect two more scenes for Day 3, as well as lots more Non-Word documents as well, compliments of Arbitres, who has been working overtime on them.
Old 2010-08-24, 20:00   Link #146
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Eternal Dreamer, did you get the files I sent you containing the fixed spelling mistakes? (Also I was wondering about a few things while looking, that few of the ' looked like a lower-case l with a line in the middle, should I have changed those?)

Also compliments on Arbitres
Old 2010-08-25, 07:08   Link #147
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Did you not get my last email about it? If not, then I'll send it to you by PM instead.
Old 2010-08-26, 08:15   Link #148
Paladinoras
Pancakes

You know, I just discovered that there is a capability to make a "plugin" for PSP games so that certain Jap games can be translated. I wonder if we can apply it to this O_O

And sorry for being AWOL for soooooo long guuys, I've been well....let's just say in a place where access to computers are difficult, internet even more so.

Plus, first semester of uni, so things have been hectic as hell.

How's the project going anyways?

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 08:20   Link #149
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

How wicked of you, Paladinoras. Of course, the plugin knowledge should have been common. I thought we were working under the pretense of such...?

Feh. Anyways, I'm working out the things you wanted me to, Eternal Dreamer. It's not too difficult beyond the trial of me getting past how to construct it.
Old 2010-09-04, 17:15   Link #150
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Once again, sorry for taking so long to update! I just started college last week, and my life's been in mayhem as I've tried to deal with all that comes with it. Things are better now, though, so I should be able to update more often, but please don't be surprised if it takes 5-9 days for each update; my free time right now is in constant flux, so I have no idea when I'll have time to concentrate on translating.

In any case, this time I have two new scenes for you all; a new scene with Kallen (of course) at the shopping mall, and a scene with Suzaku, Lloyd and Cecile in the courtyard. Check them out if you're interested. I've also finally uploaded all the Non-Word scenes Arbitres provided me, as you'll see if you look around the site. It's not complete yet, but it's getting there.

Anyway, that's all for now. When will I update again? Only the heavens know...

Also, Arbitres, how are things going on your side? Did you get my message I sent to you?
Old 2010-09-04, 19:44   Link #151
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post

Also, Arbitres, how are things going on your side? Did you get my message I sent to you?
Oh, my day has been great so--- oh.

Well to be more serious, I got it. I drafted a part of that message on to some of the explanation you asked me to do, but in all honesty I'm just too stuck. I can't really write about Geass or the possible endings since I never really paid 'attention' to them.

I will be honest too, the only one I wanted to do was the Nunnally one. Anyways, I am still working on it.
Old 2010-09-04, 20:46   Link #152
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I will be honest too, the only one I wanted to do was the Nunnally one. Anyways, I am still working on it.
For some reason.. I can see why you wanted to do the Nunnally one
Old 2010-09-05, 10:25   Link #153
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Oh yeah, late response, but the chances of a Code Geass Lost Colors NA release is a little above zero. The game itself is old and Namco Bandai has never been known for porting their releases.

Hell, even the Gundam games haven't been ported, and let's face it, Code Geass is way behind Gundam in terms of popularity, so I don't think there is a legal chance for Lost Colors. :/

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:20   Link #154
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Oh, my day has been great so--- oh.

Well to be more serious, I got it. I drafted a part of that message on to some of the explanation you asked me to do, but in all honesty I'm just too stuck. I can't really write about Geass or the possible endings since I never really paid 'attention' to them.

Take your time with it, Arbitres. Work on them when you have the right inspiration. For now, how about focusing on the Nunnally one (which is also my favourite ) and think about the rest later? Once you're done and sent it to me, I'll look it over and then we'll worry about the next ones. If you ever need my input on it again, just ask, okay?
Old 2010-09-06, 00:23   Link #155
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
For some reason.. I can see why you wanted to do the Nunnally one
Make it sound like a bad thing. Which is a bad thing for you. *fanboy death glare*

Quote:
Take your time with it, Arbitres. Work on them when you have the right inspiration. For now, how about focusing on the Nunnally one (which is also my favourite ) and think about the rest later? Once you're done and sent it to me, I'll look it over and then we'll worry about the next ones. If you ever need my input on it again, just ask, okay?
In the meantime then I'll just doc transfer. I'll keep working on it even though I'm single-minded. I'll make sure to ask when the need arises, thank you. For now I'll do my original job and see what happens from there.

Once I get all the doc transferred complete I'll go back and do what you added. Ja-ne Ja-ne~
Old 2010-09-07, 15:49   Link #156
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Luckily, there was only one scene to translate this time, so it didn't take TOO long to update.

Anyway, this time there's a new automatic scene, where Milly and the rest tease Kallen for being the reason Rai's brightened lately. (You have to look at the X at the choice; Kallen's face and reaction, as well as everyone else's, is just PRICELESS.)

Also, however, I'd like to announce a change on the automatic scene page itself: having come to realize that the listing for the automatic scenes is really inadequate, I've decided to change things by giving each of the automatic scenes its own title that describes what happens in them, in order to help the people who are looking through the list for the right one. I'll also add which route each one of them occurs in, as soon as I'm certain of which for each. Hope you like the titles.

And lastly, we once again have more Non-Word translations on the site, thanks to Arbitres, specifically for all the hangar scenes. For those without Word, I hope this helps.
Old 2010-09-09, 04:47   Link #157
The Cat

Can't find the choices for this or the last one on the website. First part is there, the usual X and Triangle documents don't seem to be.
The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 05:09   Link #158
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Specify what you mean. Which document do you mean?
Old 2010-09-09, 05:29   Link #159
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Can't find the choices for this or the last one on the website. First part is there, the usual X and Triangle documents don't seem to be.
Thank you for pointing out the mistake to me. I've uploaded the choices I forgot to add for the latest automatic scene. Sorry about that.

Was there anything else wrong that you noticed?
Old 2010-09-09, 05:31   Link #160
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Oh? I thought they were being vague. I'm sorry about that.