AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-21, 14:05   Link #921
Vicious108

Who cares about Goku doing a kamehame on the sun? Seeing Namek awesomeness earlier more than makes up for it.

Anyways, finally watched episodes 17 and 18, and I gotta agree with those who said the song that played during the recovery of the bodies was pretty unfitting. Made me wtf a bit.

Other than that, it was all great, even if they were slower episodes by nature. But they definitely did their job of getting me pumped up for Namek. Just seeing Vegeta, Cui, Dodoria, Zarbon and Frieza in the preview was awesome, can't wait for 19 (subbed I mean).
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 14:17   Link #922
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lequory View Post
heres your answer to the licensing questions.

The series is licensed for an English language release in North America by Viz Media, in the United Kingdom by Gollancz Manga, and in Australia and New Zealand by Chuang Yi.
What you're talking about here is the Dragon Ball Z manga, whereas what we wanted to know is if the Dragon Ball Kai (not Z) anime (not manga) was licensed.

Anyway, as far as I know the Dragon Ball Kai anime series is not licensed. I suppose the admin folks here put this thread in this board because DBZ is licensed, and since a lot of footage is the same... It still doesn't make sense though.
Old 2009-08-21, 14:49   Link #923
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

This is going to be great!, they doing every episode? this was my very first anime to watch and it's still my favorite definitely going to buy it ,
Old 2009-08-21, 15:03   Link #924
Blackbeard D. Kuma

To the people who still complain about filler omissions, get over it. This is Dragon Ball Kai; it is a "Toriyama's Cut" adaptation; it is meant to follow the manga as closely as possible. If you want to watch the filler material, there is always the original Z anime to watch. Nuff said.
Old 2009-08-21, 16:14   Link #925
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Can't talk bout subs ....... from subway?!!

"I shall not see subs... touch them, smell them or hear them" - from Stardust lolz
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 16:28   Link #926
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Relax fellas, I just asked if it was filler
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 16:33   Link #927
justavisitor

for me there are two types of fillers in DBZ..that kamehame on the sun can be filtered out, but those fillers that make the fight longer and more complete
Spoiler for spoiler for example:
should be kept, just my opinion
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 00:48   Link #928
Alchemist007
*Author

Wow on namek and freiza intro already. And Vegeta back so soon heh.

Oh to anyone interested and as unknowing as I was; DB and DBZ manga are being rereleased by Viz in a 'VIZBIG' edition, basically 3 volumes in one. They're still releasing it and it won't even be done by 2010 it seems, but the DB series is done and they're on 4 of DBZ...well you can see it all and the dates as well here: http://www.viz.com/products/products...d=1&brand_id=4
I myself will probably pick them up whenever I can, probably when they're all done so I can storm through them.

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2009-08-23 at 01:25.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 14:01   Link #929
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Wow on namek and freiza intro already. And Vegeta back so soon heh.
Man, I can't wait for the subbing of the next episode, this is the beginning of one of, if not, the best arc in the series.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 16:01   Link #930
Blaat

I've seen episode 20. I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing Ryusei Nakao as Freeza. They have changed Zarbon's seiyuu (and Dodoria's) but I'm not complaining the new seiyuu fits perfectly with the character.

The preview looks kind of worrying though.
Spoiler for episode 21:
Old 2009-08-24, 18:55   Link #931
rebel one
Do the Monkey

Good Lord!

rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 19:08   Link #932
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ That's going to make the Broly fanboys a lot more worse. They keep trying to make Broly this omnipotent god that can compete with the top tiers in the DBZ universe (in the games that is, like in this case). Seriously, Broly is such an overrated and shallow character with no personality whatsoever. He's one of the crappiest villains I've ever seen.
Old 2009-08-24, 19:42   Link #933
Steel Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I've seen episode 20. I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing Ryusei Nakao as Freeza. They have changed Zarbon's seiyuu (and Dodoria's) but I'm not complaining the new seiyuu fits perfectly with the character.

The preview looks kind of worrying though.
Spoiler for episode 21:

Spoiler:
Steel Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 19:49   Link #934
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel one View Post
Good Lord!

where is that from
Old 2009-08-24, 19:57   Link #935
GDB

Looks vaguely like Shounen Jump's colored insert pages.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 20:02   Link #936
Michsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel one View Post
Good Lord!

not 100%sure but it's supposedly from the new Dragon ball Game Ragin Blast! Think I saw these scans on youtube.
I myself was hoping for a new DB movie but, like Blackbeard D. Kuma, I too think Broly is highly overrated
Michsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 22:37   Link #937
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I've seen episode 20. I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing Ryusei Nakao as Freeza. They have changed Zarbon's seiyuu (and Dodoria's) but I'm not complaining the new seiyuu fits perfectly with the character.[/spoiler]
What, no more Sho Hayami as Zarbon? I'm disappointed.

Who's his new seiyuu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ That's going to make the Broly fanboys a lot more worse. They keep trying to make Broly this omnipotent god that can compete with the top tiers in the DBZ universe (in the games that is, like in this case). Seriously, Broly is such an overrated and shallow character with no personality whatsoever. He's one of the crappiest villains I've ever seen.
Word.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 03:22   Link #938
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You got to it before i could.

But yeah, such an overrated character. There's a few decent enemies from the movies who deserve to be loved as much as Brolly.
Old 2009-08-25, 04:28   Link #939
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Who's his new seiyuu?
His name is Hiroaki Miura/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Guardian View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-25, 04:32   Link #940
Peanutbutter

I find it intriguing and am very curious to see how the new generation of seiyuus can work with the old generation.

Specifically, will Aya Hirano dominate the headlines with her voice?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote