AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

View Poll Results: Hidan no Aria - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 9 14.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 24.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 31.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 6.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.64%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-23, 00:58   Link #61
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I know this is kinda late for me to realize, but.... I just noticed that Aria's middle initial is "H". LOL.
Old 2011-05-23, 01:04   Link #62
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Yeah, leave it to the perv earlier who called her Ecchi Aria

I get it, it's a play on Riko's hatred against her given name. Aria is also in a fit of rage against being known as a perverted girl, no wonder why she hates all things romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
Ok, I have to admit that I didnt watch this show because I am kind of tired about loli tsudere like shana and the like. But the clip that Malkuth posts, makes me curious and so I watch ep6. It is hilarious! I laugh all the way from the beginning to the end. Aria's tsudere also isnt that bad as I though when I read the manga. The miko is just priceless. I like her idea of fairness though Did she have white pantsu for the innocent mode and the black ones for yandere mode? Now, I have to check all the early episode. Damn you Malkuth!
What? You weren't watching this series? Shame on you! Or rather lucky you, I wonder what it's like to just start at episode 06, clearly it can be done, ja? For one to start the series at 6 instead

Wait a minute... you just made me picturing Shirayandere wearing 2 pantsu at once. I'd turn her Yandere just to see her shed the white pantsu revealing the black underneath

And where's all that talk about girls in the boys dorm? I told you guys, it's going to be a non-issue
Old 2011-05-23, 01:19   Link #63
mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
What? You weren't watching this series? Shame on you! Or rather lucky you, I wonder what it's like to just start at episode 06, clearly it can be done, ja? For one to start the series at 6 instead
I already read some chapters of the manga so it isnt that confusing to me, which also the reason that I didnt watch this show at first. For ep6. so you start with a yandere miko getting it on with a loli tsudere over a thing call the male lead. Then they go to school and end up living together. What is there to confuse about?

Quote:
Wait a minute... you just made me picturing Shirayandere wearing 2 pantsu at once. I'd turn her Yandere just to see her shed the white pantsu revealing the black underneath
I would prefer she only wears black pantsu. There is something about a pure innocent maiden Miko wearing black undergarment. Well, she is not that pure and innocent, but she is still a maiden right?!

Quote:
And where's all that talk about girls in the boys dorm? I told you guys, it's going to be a non-issue
A treasure of the school from a prestigious super-natural-power-wielder Miko linearage and S-class student whom is a descendant of Sherlock. I call favoritism!
Old 2011-05-23, 01:24   Link #64
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I get it, it's a play on Riko's hatred against her given name. Aria is also in a fit of rage against being known as a perverted girl, no wonder why she hates all things romance
Riko loves her given name. It's the family name she's not so hot about.
Old 2011-05-23, 01:38   Link #65
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
I already read some chapters of the manga so it isnt that confusing to me, which also the reason that I didnt watch this show at first. For ep6. so you start with a yandere miko getting it on with a loli tsudere over a thing call the male lead. Then they go to school and end up living together. What is there to confuse about?
So I guess it is possible if I refer this series to someone, I'd get their attention by starting them with Episode 06 renamed as Episode 01

Quote:
I would prefer she only wears black pantsu. There is something about a pure innocent maiden Miko wearing black undergarment. Well, she is not that pure and innocent, but she is still a maiden right?!
Ha... how many maidens you see carrying a bunch of mean looking deadly weapons wait a minute.... I think.... I'd say Shirayandere wears black when in school uniform, and white when in miko mode. Gotta be... I don't remember any black on when she bared her miko boobies at Kinji, and we do know of her revealed black bra when she was wearing her school uniform, so yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Riko loves her given name. It's the family name she's not so hot about.
That's what I meant, since she was born of the Lupins (and doesn't like), in which she prefers to be known as Riko.
Old 2011-05-23, 01:44   Link #66
tsunade666

More like Riko doesn't want to be treated as 4th. She wants to be treated as Riko and not just descendant of a famous family.
Old 2011-05-23, 01:52   Link #67
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
More like Riko doesn't want to be treated as 4th. She wants to be treated as Riko and not just descendant of a famous family.
Aha, basically, what my merry-go-round words were implying was she doesn't like 4th, but she likes her some Riko
Don't even recommend me some sleep lol
Old 2011-05-23, 02:46   Link #68
chickdigger802

Hmmm. I just don't get why I keep on seeing this anime on charts.

This anime is easily one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. If this stuff makes me, who went through the lovely education system of Georgia US, feel dumber after each eps, something is wrong. Seriously like every action done is surprising in a bad way. And yet no1 notices. Dumb stuff that is taken seriously.

And it doesn't help that the character art is more inconsistent that naruto. Probably JC staff's C team or something.

I hear the term 'dumb anime' thrown a lot at naruto and bleach and what not, but man, this anime seems to fit that category a bit too well...

I heard it gets better or something later, how much later?
Old 2011-05-23, 03:05   Link #69
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
This anime is easily one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. If this stuff makes me, who went through the lovely education system of Georgia US, feel dumber after each eps, something is wrong. Seriously like every action done is surprising in a bad way. And yet no1 notices. Dumb stuff that is taken seriously.
First of all, a lot of works of fiction are "dumb" when put in the context of the real world, but that's why it's fiction, it doesn't NEED to make sense. The reason it exists is it so can entertain. That's what the main goal of any anime/manga is in the big scheme of things. (Aside from making a monetary income)

So if you're looking for something that's also stimulating/thought-provoking rather than just entertaining, you may as well look elsewhere.

And honestly, if you ask me, there are series' far better at insulting one's intelligence than this one is.

Quote:
And it doesn't help that the character art is more inconsistent that naruto. Probably JC staff's C team or something.
You must have quite the observational skills since I have no clue what you're talking about here.

Quote:
This is more of a subjective thing, but IMO the adaptation isn't even going to reach the point where it starts "getting good" unless it gets a second season.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-05-23 at 03:20.
Old 2011-05-23, 04:28   Link #70
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
You must have quite the observational skills since I have no clue what you're talking about here.
Probably talking about the part when Aria walks in on Shirayandere's encounter with Kinji in the bath. Even though it was supposed to be her wtf moment *cough* [/s]

But seriously, while there are animation lols (like when Aria tried to run with her chest exposed, with quite the lengthy arms), what series doesn't have their random gaffs in animation? At least HnA doesn't do it on a regular basis *cough*Akikan*cough*

And like the Syko said, it's fiction, and if the first part of the plot of Armed highschool Detectives taking care of the increasing crime rate wasn't a clear indication of where this series is going, then.... I don't know, drink from the cup if it's your tea?
Old 2011-05-23, 05:01   Link #71
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Hmmm. I just don't get why I keep on seeing this anime on charts.

I hear the term 'dumb anime' thrown a lot at naruto and bleach and what not, but man, this anime seems to fit that category a bit too well...

Then I dunno maybe you could... direct yourself to some other series? Bit dumb if you still linger around don't you think? Since the entire plot is obviously not for you.

Oh and obviously people were talking about the novel....bit unintelligent asking people on future questions pertaining to quality of a still airing anime when none of us are staff members no?

And on that point. This anime won't cover up to that aforementioned novel turning point in this season.
Old 2011-05-23, 10:11   Link #72
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol, the fact that he's using words and phrases that are specifically engineered to provoke people, especially the multiple use of 'Naruto' and 'dumb' which are the easiest words to get any anime fan agitated, all indicates an attention seeker.

Notice that he's saying alot, but not really saying much? The three things you'll find being complained in any series is annoying character, bad animation and plot pacing. It's so general you could copy and paste it in any other series.
Old 2011-05-23, 10:59   Link #73
chickdigger802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, the fact that he's using words and phrases that are specifically engineered to provoke people, especially the multiple use of 'Naruto' and 'dumb' which are the easiest words to get any anime fan agitated, all indicates an attention seeker.

Notice that he's saying alot, but not really saying much? The three things you'll find being complained in any series is annoying character, bad animation and plot pacing. It's so general you could copy and paste it in any other series.
Don't recall saying naruto more than once ;P

And being 'common complaints' doesn't make them invalid. And the plot pacing and animation are pretty sub par for this season. Would like to hear about 'positive' stuff about the show (not novels)

and fyi: watch kinji's face. It pretty much looks completely different every other scene or so.
Old 2011-05-23, 11:03   Link #74
KilluaX90

Let's stop feeding him and get back to discussing ep 6

Quote:
...I'd say Shirayandere wears black when in school uniform, and white when in miko mode. Gotta be... I don't remember any black on when she bared her miko boobies at Kinji, and we do know of her revealed black bra when she was wearing her school uniform, so yeah...
I love your theory , but the part about Shirayuki wearing white in miko mode is questionable. The only thing we can get from watching ep 6 is that she doesn't wear bra in miko mode (I guess like kimono, the miko's outfits were originally worn without underwears ).

I miss the tag [Victory] . And, damn it, why didn't the black underwear look like the 100% silk G-strings mentioned in the novel
Old 2011-05-23, 11:09   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilluaX90 View Post
Fine... But after this-

Quote:
Don't recall saying naruto more than once ;P
Here you go.

Quote:

Quote:
And being 'common complaints' doesn't make them invalid. And the plot pacing and animation are pretty sub par for this season. Would like to hear about 'positive' stuff about the show (not novels)
That's your opinion of course.

Just like how I can say that the pacing for this episode is reasonable and the animation is rather fluid.

Quote:
and fyi: watch kinji's face. It pretty much looks completely different every other scene or so.
And apparently you're the only one that sees it, curious...
Old 2011-05-23, 11:46   Link #76
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilluaX90 View Post
Yeah, anymore of this needs to go in the Generic thread

Quote:
I love your theory , but the part about Shirayuki wearing white in miko mode is questionable. The only thing we can get from watching ep 6 is that she doesn't wear bra in miko mode (I guess like kimono, the miko's outfits were originally worn without underwears ).
It's just a visual deduction leaning more towards pantsu. Notice how I tried to be clever with the "I don't remember any black on when she bared her miko boobies", because.... I don't remember ever seeing some real Shirayandere panchira, but the Anime has done a good job with her boobies so far

From that I can only guess, since what we've seen so far, way back in episode 1 I definitely do not think she wore an uncoordinated black bra and white pantsu, and I don't have to point to the hundreds of Miko pictures online that show a girl wearing white pantsu

Quote:
I miss the tag [Victory] . And, damn it, why didn't the black underwear look like the 100% silk G-strings mentioned in the novel
Oh come on, at least this girl has variety. Star embroidery, flower embroidery, various bow sizes from thin to mega-bow, and if you're a panties expert (DON'T ASK), you will spot at least 1 thong in the black pile

Last edited by mangatron; 2011-05-23 at 12:03. Reason: Hi, my name is General Thread lol
Old 2011-05-23, 12:12   Link #77
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Would Mighty Mangatron be able to make the "Head-Panties-Head-Panties Aria-chan backflip Ferris-Wheel" picture so Yui's perverted husband can change an avatar this week?

Sorry, do you charge? Because I feel like such a leech for asking you to do this for free.

Thank You!!
Old 2011-05-23, 12:34   Link #78
KilluaX90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Would Mighty Mangatron be able to make the "Head-Panties-Head-Panties Aria-chan backflip Ferris-Wheel" picture so Yui's perverted husband can change an avatar this week?

Sorry, do you charge? Because I feel like such a leech for asking you to do this for free.

Thank You!!
You should ask in the avatar request thread instead.

And this
Quote:
Oh come on, at least this girl has variety. Star embroidery, flower embroidery, various bow sizes from thin to mega-bow, and if you're a panties expert (DON'T ASK), you will spot at least 1 thong in the black pile
Should I call you "master"?

I'd say Shirayuki would have her [Victory] underwear on EVERY TIME she has a chance to see Kinji . Now that they're living together, she should be wearing black all the time (well-prepared for any possible situation eh? )
Old 2011-05-23, 13:24   Link #79
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

LOL the opening the of drawer was the best bit of the ep or maybe even the entire series so far

Love all the Shirayuki goodness, between her and Riko it's hard to say which I like more.

I'm gonna have to give this ep a 10 just for the "hazardous weapons" alone!
Old 2011-05-23, 14:17   Link #80
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She wears white on those days she doesn't expect to see Kin-chan. She wears black whenever there's a possibility he'll see them.
Closed Thread