AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-10-24, 07:15   Link #5041
james0246

I have deleted several posts from this thread for being pointless and off-topic. Please do not continue with inane chatter and personal attacks.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 09:40   Link #5042
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
And well for Kira's upgrade to white coat, I'm not sure if it was ever explained what he was but at the very least he's at the same level of authority as Yzak. So he's either a commander or a ship captain, more likely a Commander.

Here's an example of DESTINY end ranks. I guess having your girlfriend as Chairman entitles you to skip ranks. (I think Shinn was still red coat at the end too, must be angry that Kira is higher than him and can order him around. )
See, that i don't get either, is Lacus the chairman or just on the council? what the hell happened there? is there a interview with fuckusawa or is it just hearsay judging from the end picture when she walks towards the council?

Quote:

On a side note, Athrun stayed as a commanding officer at Orb. People in CE have such weird career changes.
thats the first time i heard that, care to toss in a link to a source?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 12:13   Link #5043
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Isn't white coat = downgrade in rank for Kira?
Because at Destiny end (anime) his rank was admiral right?
Not exactly. ZAFT doesn't have a traditional military ranking. As far as rank goes, the food chain of coats is green (grunt) > red (elite/captain) > black (ship captain) > white (commander).
Old 2012-10-24, 16:15   Link #5044
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
See, that i don't get either, is Lacus the chairman or just on the council? what the hell happened there? is there a interview with fuckusawa or is it just hearsay judging from the end picture when she walks towards the council?

thats the first time i heard that, care to toss in a link to a source?
I'm pretty sure Lacus is the chairwoman. Here's the plus ending showing everybody bowing to her and Athrun's still part of Orb while everybody is ZAFT.

The shock on people's face when Kira and Lacus hug is funny. Especially the guy with the pipe in his mouth.

It seems that at the end of DESTINY, the women are the leaders of the major powers. Cagalli at ORB and Lacus at the PLANTS and the Earth Alliance is basically almost dead. Actually I'm pretty sure most of the Earth is either destroyed or in ruins.

Last edited by zeroexia; 2012-10-24 at 16:26.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 16:31   Link #5045
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Lacus is the chairwoman. Here's the plus ending showing everybody bowing to her and Athrun's still part of Orb while everybody is ZAFT.
Oh shit, you are right on the Athrun part, i mistook him for Cagalli up until now that you mentioned it D: i'm so blaming that on the hiraiface.

i don't agree with Lacus being the chairman/woman though, she's on the council for sure, but making her chairman wouldnt make sense, at all, even for fuckusawa

Quote:
It seems that at the end of DESTINY, the women are the leaders of the major powers. Cagalli at ORB and Lacus at the PLANTS and the Earth Alliance is basically almost dead. Actually I'm pretty sure most of the Earth is either destroyed or in ruins.
Earth got pretty mangled during the Junius 7 dropping if i recall. so i dunno to be honest, its pretty lame that we don't see anything regarding the EF now that you mention it, with the N-Jammers on earth and all.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 16:34   Link #5046
monster

Quote:
Oh shit, you are right on the Athrun part, i mistook him for Cagalli up until now that you mentioned it D: i'm so blaming that on the hiraiface.
So this so called "hiraiface" also changed Cagalli's hair color?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 16:42   Link #5047
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:

i don't agree with Lacus being the chairman/woman though, she's on the council for sure, but making her chairman wouldnt make sense, at all, even for fuckusawa

Earth got pretty mangled during the Junius 7 dropping if i recall. so i dunno to be honest, its pretty lame that we don't see anything regarding the EF now that you mention it, with the N-Jammers on earth and all.
I don't know but almost everywhere I see about info on DESTINY, Lacus becomes chairwoman. Don't know where's the source except the video. Well sometimes, it seems like Fukuda and co have no idea what they're talking about or doing.

And CE has been mostly centered on ORB and ZAFT unlike UC which is centered more on the EF.

It's different but at least in UC, we get to see more of Zeon. In CE, we barely see into the lives of the people on Earth who aren't Orb or desert fighters.....

I think they have a ORB and PLANTS bias anyway.
Old 2012-10-24, 16:47   Link #5048
monster

I think the problem is that the SE epilog was supposed to lead in to the movie. Since the movie never happened, we're just left with all these unanswered questions.
Old 2012-10-24, 17:02   Link #5049
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

One will wonder though, what opposing parties are left to be battled by our MCs in the movie or following series? The Zala “terorrist” faction is wiped out, LOGOS & Blue Cosmos got cleaned up (leaving only some protesters & foot-soldiers at best), and Mars Colony as enemy would be out-of-context. So, what’s left? Durandal's faction? Space Whales?

Also, there's no way a Gundam show (or movie) would centered on some charity program for the earth dwellers without Gundam-fight.
Old 2012-10-24, 17:39   Link #5050
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
One will wonder though, what opposing parties are left to be battled by our MCs in the movie or following series? The Zala “terorrist” faction is wiped out, LOGOS & Blue Cosmos got cleaned up (leaving only some protesters & foot-soldiers at best), and Mars Colony as enemy would be out-of-context. So, what’s left? Durandal's faction? Space Whales?

Also, there's no way a Gundam show (or movie) would centered on some charity program for the earth dwellers without Gundam-fight.
I remember reading somewhere that in the Astray manga, an organization called Librarian works or something like that made carbon clones and started another war between the the Earth and the Plants. Don't know how that works.

Besides in CE, it seems like a lot of organizations can build or have Gundams. Terminal built the SF and IJ. Mars built gundams. The Junk Guild has gundams. Serpent Tail has a Gundam. There's a photographing Gundam. There's DDSD from Stargazer with their Stargazer Gundam. The Sahakus have a Gundam.

Honestly there's too many Gundams in CE but then again that's the trend of all of Gundam. Even UC has ridiculous amounts of Gundams everywhere.

I wish that there would be more high level monoeyed non-gundams in CE and new AUs. Too many gundams on both sides now days.

Ahh, the memories of Gundam vs an army of monoeyes.
Old 2012-10-24, 17:55   Link #5051
monster

Quote:
Fortunately for CE, there could be plenty of factions that could stir trouble, be they from the private or the public sector. To add to that, unlike Zeon in MSG, none of the countries in CE was ever so badly beaten. And as we know, even remnants of Zeon could still cause trouble, so don't be surprised at what any of the countries in CE could do, even if at a lesser scale compared to what happened in SEED and Destiny, which would be fine for a movie, but could also work for an OVA or even a TV series.
Old 2012-10-24, 18:03   Link #5052
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I remember reading somewhere that in the Astray manga, an organization called Librarian works or something like that made carbon clones and started another war between the the Earth and the Plants. Don't know how that works.

Besides in CE, it seems like a lot of organizations can build or have Gundams. Terminal built the SF and IJ. Mars built gundams. The Junk Guild has gundams. Serpent Tail has a Gundam. There's a photographing Gundam. There's DDSD from Stargazer with their Stargazer Gundam. The Sahakus have a Gundam.
I already considered that too, but there’s no way certain factions like the Librarian or Sahakus can suddenly show up (in the anime) and battle our MCs from the main series. That will only make the anime-only fans go . Those factions need motivation & development and there’s no way they can cram it in a sequel of Destiny unless they want to make 1/3 of the sequel series/movie as a flashback containing the stories in Astray mangas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Fortunately for CE, there could be plenty of factions that could stir trouble, be they from the private or the public sector. To add to that, unlike Zeon in MSG, none of the countries in CE was ever so badly beaten. And as we know, even remnants of Zeon could still cause trouble, so don't be surprised at what any of the countries in CE could do, even if at a lesser scale compared to what happened in SEED and Destiny, which would be fine for a movie, but could also work for an OVA or even a TV series.
A minor conflict is reasonable, but I think it would be overkill to have Kira, Athrun, & Shinn team up to handle it. IMO the most possible (and probably best) way is to take a good amount of time after Destiny and have the majority of the Earth's nations rebel (due to their poor life) and declare war to PLANT once again. With that, they can build enough resources to put up a fight with ZAFT (and maybe ORB).

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-10-24 at 18:16.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 18:45   Link #5053
monster

Overkill? It doesn't have to be that way.

First things first, Strike Freedom is a mobile suit built by Terminal. So when Kira joins ZAFT, have him pilot a command mobile suit built by ZAFT instead of the Strike Freedom. After all, it wouldn't be good to know that the mobile suit, and thus the pilot, that was attacking your side in the previous war is now in command.

In fact, now that I think about it, might as well have the Strike Freedom be stolen by the antagonist from wherever Terminal hid it after Destiny (the show). It's a tradition, isn't it?

Secondly, Destiny (the Gundam) was damaged so leave it like that. As with Kira, have Shinn pilot a more mass-produced command mobile suit.

I vote for a CE Gelgoog variant for Kira and a CE Gyan variant for Shinn.

So that leaves Athrun and Mu to pilot Infinite Justice and Akatsuki, respectively.

And then, aside from the main plot of the conflict, you can have the subplot be Shinn and Kira having to learn how to work together, maybe better than Athrun could ever hoped , and Kira having to face the reality of a world not affected by the Destiny Plan and what he said to Durandal and to Shinn at the end of Destiny (the show).
Old 2012-10-24, 18:59   Link #5054
PzIVf3

Quote:

Maybe rebel Zaft opposing Lacus leadership. She the one gave the Zaft so many headaches by intervening.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 19:04   Link #5055
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
First things first, Strike Freedom is a mobile suit built by Terminal. So when Kira joins ZAFT, have him pilot a command mobile suit built by ZAFT instead of the Strike Freedom. After all, it wouldn't be good to know that the mobile suit, and thus the pilot, that was attacking your side in the previous war is now in command.
Though not... truly confirmed thanks to how SEED zigzags the hell out of everything, the Strike Freedom was supposed to have been built first by ZAFT and then stolen and tweaked for Kira by Terminal.
Old 2012-10-24, 19:11   Link #5056
PzIVf3

Quote:
That system of grabbing and gave the power to any friend or close relative simply the word cronyism. I dont know how the people at Zaft feels that without a election.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 19:53   Link #5057
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Though not... truly confirmed thanks to how SEED zigzags the hell out of everything, the Strike Freedom was supposed to have been built first by ZAFT and then stolen and tweaked for Kira by Terminal.
Either way, it's not a ZAFT-issued mobile suit as far as the public is concerned.
Old 2012-10-24, 20:26   Link #5058
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Overkill? It doesn't have to be that way.

In fact, now that I think about it, might as well have the Strike Freedom be stolen by the antagonist from wherever Terminal hid it after Destiny (the show). It's a tradition, isn't it?

Secondly, Destiny (the Gundam) was damaged so leave it like that. As with Kira, have Shinn pilot a more mass-produced command mobile suit.

I vote for a CE Gelgoog variant for Kira and a CE Gyan variant for Shinn.

So that leaves Athrun and Mu to pilot Infinite Justice and Akatsuki, respectively.

And then, aside from the main plot of the conflict, you can have the subplot be Shinn and Kira having to learn how to work together, maybe better than Athrun could ever hoped , and Kira having to face the reality of a world not affected by the Destiny Plan and what he said to Durandal and to Shinn at the end of Destiny (the show).
It's doubtful that Fukuda would allow Kira to pilot a non-Gundam mobile suit, considering most main characters pilot Gundams, even the sides too. Look at Rey and Luna, the worst shot in CE, got to pilot Legend and Impulse respectively.

I think it would be cool to have a Strike Freedom Custom or something like that similar to Wing Zero Custom, a newer design for a while.

Then later it's either stolen or destroyed for the upgrade, which we all now would have to happen.

But in the meantime Kira could use a mass-produced suit or at least high-performance suit before his upgrade is ready. I'm pretty sure he would still own. Look at Yzak and Dearka owning new Gundams in their ZAKUs and Kira disabling suits while he was in the Strike Rouge.

Amuro had the ReGZ before the Nu and Setsuna had a GN-Flag and the 00 Condenser version before the Quanta. Fits the trend.

As for Shinn, leave him a high performance mass-produced and then give him a new Gundam with a symbolic name like Liberty or whatever in the end when he matures.

Then at the end of the movie Shinn can be a mentor for the next generation of CE and Kira and Athrun are the legends like Amuro and Char. Then a new CE series with new characters can start without Kira coming in and disabling everybody half the time because Kira's story is finished.

And in a CE movie, I really hope they bring together the Ultimate Coordinator, SEED factor, and Newtype theory together. Actually explain some of it? It would actually make a great plot for ending Kira's story. Have him discover who he really is and the true extent of the all the powers he has.

And give Strike Freedom's upgrade a psychoframe. I really want a psychoframe in CE. It's weird having DRAGOONs and powerful Newtypes in CE without a psychoframe taking advantage of that. Besides where can CE tech go? They've around reached around UC 0093 tech level, and in the case of beam shields a bit more, but no psychoframes.
Old 2012-10-24, 20:34   Link #5059
monster

The psyco-frame doesn't really fit in CE when Newtype isn't such a well known subject.
Old 2012-10-24, 20:45   Link #5060
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
The psyco-frame doesn't really fit in CE when Newtype isn't such a well known subject.
I know but that's because they never explain anything at all. CE has so many unexplained things.

Energy source of Spaceships- not explained
Thruster Fuel source of Mobile suits- not explained
SEED- not explained
Newtypes- not explained
Coordinator Reproductive Issues- not explained or resolved
Earth's energy crisis- not explained or resolved
Mars Faction- not explained

and of course

Space Whales.....SPACE WHALES, there's a space whale skeleton and Lowe from Astray apparently saw a live Space whale. The Eternal is even modelled to resemble the space whale and nothing comes out of it. I would think evidence of alien life would have more of an effect.

I guess I just want the mobile suits in SEED to have tech more like UC but keep their designs. Besides if they can have a Mobieus Zero that requires Newtype powers before Gundams and Gundams with DRAGOONs, I'm pretty sure technology that can help maximize the abilities of Newtypes isn't that far off in CE. Maybe not on the level of pushing Axis but at least making the Gundam more responsive to the pilot.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep