AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2012-07-31, 18:28   Link #2741
TkMacintosh

I have absolutely no experience with them beyond doing cliche stuff and it becoming stupid.

Though...I got some people bugging me for an EX Chapter about what his life would be like AFTER the whole thing. If I get the inspiration and time, I'll probably throw up something.
TkMacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 08:05   Link #2742
Eratas123

I'm tempted to write the Mugino/Hamazura/Rikuo date, but I don't think I'm good enough to do so. Secrets Revealed hasn't gotten an update in months.
Old 2012-08-02, 20:22   Link #2743
judasmartel
*Author

Has anyone made a fanfic with most if not all To Aru characters gender-swapped? You know, something like the Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya.

The opportunity to build Yuriko Suzushina could be seized.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 21:15   Link #2744
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^ I remember reading one where a portal to a gender flipped universe appeared in Academy City and the gender flipped people poured through. I'd find the link for you but I'm on my Ipod. It's somewhere on fanfiction.net
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 17:22   Link #2745
jrdragon2006

Stormwolfex is back with a Sword Art Online Crossover

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8393284/1/Crossing_Swords
jrdragon2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 02:12   Link #2746
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
After such a long time, I'm back to reading the Japanese counterpart to fanfics - namedly the Index SS (not related to the canon SS volumes at all).

I'm browsing via Kodoku21's blog, I'll try to take my time and list them down - all when, and if, I have time.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 03:51   Link #2747
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
After such a long time, I'm back to reading the Japanese counterpart to fanfics - namedly the Index SS (not related to the canon SS volumes at all).

I'm browsing via Kodoku21's blog, I'll try to take my time and list them down - all when, and if, I have time.
AHHHHH, so that's what those were....
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 04:08   Link #2748
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
AHHHHH, so that's what those were....
What do you mean?

Old 2012-08-11, 04:10   Link #2749
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
What do you mean?
Occasionally Kodoku21's blog would have these weird posts with weird images that I have no idea what it is about.
Old 2012-08-11, 04:23   Link #2750
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Occasionally Kodoku21's blog would have these weird posts with weird images that I have no idea what it is about.
I don't know what you're referring to, but your understanding might be mistaken. There's that, but the blogger in general does his posts that way.

Maybe if you saw posts (sometimes starting with an image) with the title looking something like: 上条「不幸だ・・・」and the posts contains what seems to be dialogues, it might be one.

Or, to put it short: see for yourself what this 禁書SS is all about.

----

... Right, so listing.

From top to bottom as you can see from that link I posted:

1. Kamijou "Ways to Break The Railgun" - Two words: Mikoto. Yandere.
2. Kamijou "... Oi, why am I here?" Accelerator "SUCH MISFORTUNE!!!" - Accelerator and Touma switch bodies.
3. Accelerator the Taxi Driver "Where to?" (WORST/Accelerator) - I think I've read this at least once... it's part of a series where Accelerator becomes a taxi driver and various characters become his passengers. Of course, since it's WORST, expect trolling.
4. Kamijou "I transformed into a child..." Kuroko "I think I have seen you somewhere." - Touma BECOMES A SHOTA. Kuroko/Touma, and Mikoto being an onee-san figure (figuratively speaking). Too bad no Awakin, though, else anime Volume 8 will be a joke haven on what becomes the reason of the fighting between the two Teleporters.
5. A Certain Index's Super Easy Victory Story (EASY MODE) [Harem] - I just stumbled upon this one, and took a bit time to read. Well, to put things short... the story title speaks for itself. Basically, yeah, like I said... parodies. /aliensguy.jpg ... Also, seems like there's no fourth wall. Plot over-simplification: Index series plot, EASYMODO. Basically victory surrenders itself to Touma. E.g:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actual Text (somewhat)
Touma (to Sherry): Wow, a golem! Cool. Can I touch it?
Sherry: Sure. This is easy mode after all.
Touma: Thanks! *Touma touches it*
*Golem goes down*
Sherry: Ellis has fallen. It's my loss... *plops down to the floor*
Kuroko: Criminal detained. *handcuffs*
I'll get back to the rest later.

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2012-08-11 at 07:15.
Old 2012-08-11, 23:45   Link #2751
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

Thanks for the link!

I haven't read much yet, but by the looks of it, I can enjoy it even with my minimal Japanese reading skills...
Old 2012-08-19, 22:35   Link #2752
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

As some of you know, I used to be big on character dossiers and world building. Lately, I've been sorting through my old files, titling them properly and updating them with new information.

In the latest exercise, I dug up this character. She has long been factually proved to be grossly inaccurate, but I think with some work she'd be back in action. Maybe you guys can help me iron out the canon flaws?

Yagami Kagura, Little Detective
Old 2012-08-19, 23:34   Link #2753
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
As some of you know, I used to be big on character dossiers and world building. Lately, I've been sorting through my old files, titling them properly and updating them with new information.

In the latest exercise, I dug up this character. She has long been factually proved to be grossly inaccurate, but I think with some work she'd be back in action. Maybe you guys can help me iron out the canon flaws?

Yagami Kagura, Little Detective

I'm going to overlook most of these stuff because nobody likes their creative testicles in a vice grip.

But that magic is a big nono unless you're willing to let the host start bleeding out of the pores of her skin, which contradicts her purpose of protecting her. This isn't debatable- change one thing or the other.

And since she can glow... And in fact, her Luminosity can even be measured, that's at least a Level 1.
Old 2012-08-20, 00:02   Link #2754
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
I'm going to overlook most of these stuff because nobody likes their creative testicles in a vice grip.

But that magic is a big nono unless you're willing to let the host start bleeding out of the pores of her skin, which contradicts her purpose of protecting her. This isn't debatable- change one thing or the other.

And since she can glow... And in fact, her Luminosity can even be measured, that's at least a Level 1.
Okay, let's toss out the glowing bits, and the magic bits. I'm explaining the possession as remote teleprocessing, but any other detail will be kept secret for now.

And also, I found that I had linked the wrong profile. Here's the proper one. (has much more updates)

And instead of glowing:

"Kagura is the empitome of a Yamato Nadeshiko, and with that comes with the obligatory yanderism that symbol entails."

Misfortune.
Old 2012-08-20, 22:56   Link #2755
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

On the topic of original characters...

This is pretty much just a musing...

I had this idea. Personalities based on Schrödinger's cat, Pavlov’s dog, and Chekhov’s gun. (Schrödinger) would be someone who would always group things into two categories and would often get lost in thought dealing with his/her own decisions. (Pavlov) would be someone who’s easily excitable and conditioned to expect rewards after certain actions. And s/he’d be confused when things don’t happen the way s/he expects. And (Chekhov) would be some ‘all-knowing’ person foreshadowing events and giving advice. In a twist, nothing s/he says is actually relevant or comes into play.

Just something I had on my mind...
Old 2012-08-21, 17:48   Link #2756
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Well I just started a new fanfiction, and I thought that I'd shamelessly self-promote it here

A Perfect World

Summary: The characters of To Aru Majutsu No Index live perfect lives. All of them are fulfilled in every way. There is no jealousy or violence, just contention. So why is it that every now and then they are struck with the sense that something is wrong? Who is the mysterious girl with long blond hair? Touma/Harem, Accelerator/WORST/Musujime, Hamazura/Takitsubou/Mugino. Contains (entirely skippable) lemons.

The mystery isn't very original but the main point of it was an excuse to make harem pairs so... :P

Last edited by Ilidsor; 2012-08-21 at 19:24.
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 00:31   Link #2757
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
On the topic of original characters...

This is pretty much just a musing...

I had this idea. Personalities based on Schrödinger's cat, Pavlov’s dog, and Chekhov’s gun. (Schrödinger) would be someone who would always group things into two categories and would often get lost in thought dealing with his/her own decisions. (Pavlov) would be someone who’s easily excitable and conditioned to expect rewards after certain actions. And s/he’d be confused when things don’t happen the way s/he expects. And (Chekhov) would be some ‘all-knowing’ person foreshadowing events and giving advice. In a twist, nothing s/he says is actually relevant or comes into play.

Just something I had on my mind...
Sounds like a fun idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Well I just started a new fanfiction, and I thought that I'd shamelessly self-promote it here

A Perfect World

Summary: The characters of To Aru Majutsu No Index live perfect lives. All of them are fulfilled in every way. There is no jealousy or violence, just contention. So why is it that every now and then they are struck with the sense that something is wrong? Who is the mysterious girl with long blond hair? Touma/Harem, Accelerator/WORST/Musujime, Hamazura/Takitsubou/Mugino. Contains (entirely skippable) lemons.

The mystery isn't very original but the main point of it was an excuse to make harem pairs so... :P
Let's see where this goes.

On the topic of Yagami Kagura, let's just say I've just realized something. Let's say someone is sooo lucky that nothing can even touch her? Guns jam, muscles sprain, engines fail the moment its all pointed at her?

The complete opposite of Touma. Luck that's even more than a Saint...

*ruuuuuns from a certain God of Misfortune*
Old 2012-08-22, 01:10   Link #2758
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

^are you talking about Sakura Ichiko by any chance?
I often wonder what an encounter between her and Touma would be like. Anyone want to write that fanfic?
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 01:16   Link #2759
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

^I believe Meister Babylon is referring to the God of Flatness. Not the backbiter.
Old 2012-08-22, 01:20   Link #2760
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
^are you talking about Sakura Ichiko by any chance?
I often wonder what an encounter between her and Touma would be like. Anyone want to write that fanfic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
^I believe Meister Babylon is referring to the God of Flatness. Not the backbiter.
I was talking about the both of them. Kagura's mystery power being explained by Overwhelming Luck makes so much sense. XD

In this case, the God of Flatness is played by Touma. Since he you know takes away people's luck by touching them.

EDIT:

Keroko was making manga-style 1-page profiles for OCs, and I remember getting started on one for Kagura. It's not finished, but here's a sneak peak.

Spoiler for Noah & Kagura:

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2012-08-22 at 01:37.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction