AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-09, 19:46   Link #21
lordwu

Moeyo Ken game for PS2
After reading some review on Amazon.co.jp, I'm not so sure that I'll get it now. The reviews are not very favorable....

Moeyo Ken OVA page
Each volume has a special edition that comes with a figure.
Old 2003-12-09, 21:19   Link #22
Ainana

It's not worth the downloading time...

After seeing this post, I tried downloading it....

Yeesh! Definitely good if you like Sakura Taisen... but...
for me, very colorful race cars and automatic battle suits in the meiji era were a little too much for me to swallow.

I feel very sorry for the spirits of the Shinsengumi. I think this would only depress them.
Old 2003-12-09, 22:41   Link #23
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainana
After seeing this post, I tried downloading it....

Yeesh! Definitely good if you like Sakura Taisen... but...
for me, very colorful race cars and automatic battle suits in the meiji era were a little too much for me to swallow.

I feel very sorry for the spirits of the Shinsengumi. I think this would only depress them.
I agree that the race car really was too much. Also, the token male characters were disposable and the story seemed a bit heavy handed in it's "out with the old, in with the new" attitude towards those things which were pre-Meiji.
Old 2003-12-10, 03:29   Link #24
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

So they are the daughters of the very famous Shinsengumi members. Race cars, mecha battle armour, come on, and this supposed to be in the Meji era. It seems to unreal for me. I think I'll pass this up.
Old 2003-12-10, 20:50   Link #25
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
So they are the daughters of the very famous Shinsengumi members. Race cars, mecha battle armour, come on, and this supposed to be in the Meji era. It seems to unreal for me. I think I'll pass this up.
Yeah, I think all the girls' names are so similar to the names from Peacemaker Kurogane. This movie was quite hilarious to me since it is about a bunch of samurai girls Shinsengumi-style driving a Batman looked-alike car fighting demons. The funny thing is they not even do anything with that car. First, I thought that car might do something like a James Bond's car. And all those their armors, the girls suddenly change from samurai to Bubblegum Crisis. In overall, this show is so hard to accept for samurai-fans. Just like somebody mentioned before, it is a Sakura Taisen type movie with a Shinsengumi background. So do not expect any cool fighting with swords.
Old 2004-01-27, 00:02   Link #26
mysticarcher

what's this anime about?

I think this should be the place for this

so I was looking at the anime Kidou Shinsengumi Moeyo Ken, and the links they give for more info either don't tell me what it's about (the ANN Encyclopedia one) or are in Japanese (the official site)

so what kind of story is it?
Old 2004-01-27, 04:38   Link #27
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticarcher
I think this should be the place for this

so I was looking at the anime Kidou Shinsengumi Moeyo Ken, and the links they give for more info either don't tell me what it's about (the ANN Encyclopedia one) or are in Japanese (the official site)

so what kind of story is it?
This is the correct place for your thread There's another thread about this show, here, it has been active for a while since the series is an OVA and there was about six weeks between the release of the first and second fansub episode.

Have a read of the comments in there to get an idea of what it is about. I may merge the two threads together at some point.
Old 2004-01-27, 05:06   Link #28
Walküre

sheeesh, after the first few posts, i thought "Cool, a new Samurai Show with the Shinsegumi"

but...now !

RaceCars ??? and Automatic Battle Suits ???? in the Meji Era ????

come on.....

i think i'll pass on this one and wait for Samurai Champloo and continue to watch Peace Maker Kurogane
Old 2004-01-28, 00:50   Link #29
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
yeah... i don't see how the two would jive at all... although I guess to some.... mixing new things into the old era would be interesting I find it revolting and would agree with someone who earlier said that the shinsengumi would be depressed after seeing this... i know I am
Closed Thread