AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-02, 14:09   Link #11001
17Sevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
A male Medaka and a Female Zenkichi might actually make for an interesting story
Heh, I wonder if more people would like Medaka if the character were male. All the cries of "Unfair! Broken!" would be replaced with "Brilliant! What a chessmaster!"
17Sevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 14:54   Link #11002
Lupus753

It is also true that borderline abuse is roughly 542x as creepy when done by a male to a female rather than the other way around. Ever read those Neon Genesis Evangelion what-ifs that switch the genders of Shinji and Asuka? I rest my case.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 15:31   Link #11003
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Sevens View Post
Heh, I wonder if more people would like Medaka if the character were male. All the cries of "Unfair! Broken!" would be replaced with "Brilliant! What a chessmaster!"
Really? I think Medaka's reminiscent of those cold, invincible jerks that are often in Shojo manga, that inexplicably get the affections of the female protagonist.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 15:45   Link #11004
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
lol, okay, edited this as well. I just wanted to mention that yeah, when talking about Medaka's changes/character development after ch. 140 we need to separate out Medaka's character development in general, versus Medaka's relationship with Zenkichi. Furthermore, when talking about Medaka and Zenkichi's relationship, given that Zenkichi explicitly refrained from influencing Medaka in a way which would directly benefit his romantic chances with her, I think that Medaka's reciprocity is a pretty big change/development in itself.
Yeah, it's a change in Medaka, for sure.

Still, the execution of it prevents me from actually enjoying it, like most things related to Medaka.

To me, it feels very much like a "tell" instead of a "show". Like a "more" instead of "less". "Over the top" instead of "subtle". I mean, she's literally telling him she loves him, but her other interactions are unchanged from the time she was completely platonically related to him. Makes it hard to feel for their relationship when she calls the guy she loves simple-minded when he worked his ass off to change that, ya know? Or by responding to him the same way as before.

Which...for Medaka is probably an accurate characterization, but that's just not something I find enjoyable.

Probably not making much sense, so sorry about that, Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Spoiler:
I spoil'd it as to not stretch the page. Hope you don't mind.

And, yeah. That's an interesting view, to say the least. It's certainly how a normal person could view such fantastic optimism, as too unrealistic. And if taken to heart for long, a detachment from the normal human condition. Which would be a regression for Medaka(though, honestly, I would't feel much of a difference) and a murder of Zen's character.

But, Nishio dosen't seem to think this is such a bad thing, to be honest. Some people do enjoy reading and marveling at the whimsy of the impossible and such(cause it's a manga and that can't happen in life) and that seems to be the path Nishio is taking with Zen/Medaka. I mean, Christ. They're marrying pretty soon. Dosen't seem to be any tangent to change to.

Not that I like this engagement, though, as I'm sure you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Sevens
Honestly, I'd probably hate the character even more.

I mean, if it was a male, there wouldn't even be any tits or ass to keep me occupied while her boringness takes up the screen.
Old 2012-11-02, 16:35   Link #11005
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
I mean, if it was a male, there wouldn't even be any tits or ass to keep me occupied while her boringness takes up the screen.
O-ho, so you finally admit
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 05:27   Link #11006
IronicTruth

Have to say about a rule 63 Medaka and Zen

A pixiv artist has done a lot of work on it, buts its not really 'pure' fandom, its just a funny reactions of gender switch.

The pixiv artist is called 水森好美. Just see some of the work and you will laugh.
IronicTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 08:53   Link #11007
kenjtr

I think medaka and zenkichis relationship recebles edese and tatsumi in akame ga kiru , edese is a dominant women who totally lacks emphaty and she wants to love a person who has potencial and brilliant smile , also edeses lack of emphaty makes her the perfect killer . Medaka is just like that she lacks emphaty and probably never be able to feel like others , medeka also seems a sadist ( if you look at her past actions she tortures people more then helping them and she seems to enjoy it , even medakas mother was like that ) . Medaka is a sadist , emotinless darkness but thats why she wants zenkichi who has emphaty , light and masocism ( for gods sake i never saw a character masocist as zenkichi lol ) . I dont think medaka will ever change she will always be a sadistic who lacks emphaty and rule people since she needs to be dominant . I think its zenkichi that needs to be changed he needs to go in his own way and stop being a masocist , selfless idiot , in the first place zenkichi didnt have to suffer that much since no matter what medaka will love him since he is like the perfect mate for her .

Last edited by kenjtr; 2012-11-04 at 09:31.
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 08:58   Link #11008
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
I think medaka and zenkichis relationship recebles edese and tatsumi in akame ga kiru , edese is a dominant women who totally likes emphaty and she wants to love a person who has potencial and brilliant smile , also edeses lack of emphaty makes her the perfect killer . Medaka is just like that she lacks emphaty and probably never be able to feel like others , medeka also seems a sadist ( if you look at her past actions she tortures people more then helping them and she seems to enjoy it , even medakas mother was like that ) . Medaka is a sadist , emotinless darkness but thats why she wants zenkichi who has emphaty , light and masocism ( for gods sake i never saw a character masocist as zenkichi lol ) . I dont think medaka will ever change she will always be a sadistic who likes emphaty and rule people since she needs to be dominant . I think its zenkichi that needs to be changed he needs to go in his own way and stop being a masocist , selfless idiot , in the first place zenkichi didnt have to suffer that much since no matter what medaka will love him since he is like the perfect mate for her .
I swear...if I could draw I'd be using this idea as we speak...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 09:39   Link #11009
DawnEmperor

Hey, what if it turns out that Zenkichi's mom married one of the Kurokami family(or one of the Tsurubami families)? And then Medaka turns out to be Zenkichi's cousin?(I mean, it's not like marrying your cousin is that taboo in Japan right)!!!!11111
Old 2012-11-04, 11:45   Link #11010
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Hey, what if it turns out that Zenkichi's mom married one of the Kurokami family(or one of the Tsurubami families)? And then Medaka turns out to be Zenkichi's cousin?(I mean, it's not like marrying your cousin is that taboo in Japan right)!!!!11111
Marrying cousins is acceptable everywhere in the world its nothing weird .
Old 2012-11-04, 12:06   Link #11011
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Is that a joke?

Quote:
I think medaka and zenkichis relationship recebles edese and tatsumi in akame ga kiru , edese is a dominant women who totally lacks emphaty and she wants to love a person who has potencial and brilliant smile , also edeses lack of emphaty makes her the perfect killer . Medaka is just like that she lacks emphaty and probably never be able to feel like others , medeka also seems a sadist ( if you look at her past actions she tortures people more then helping them and she seems to enjoy it , even medakas mother was like that ) . Medaka is a sadist , emotinless darkness but thats why she wants zenkichi who has emphaty , light and masocism ( for gods sake i never saw a character masocist as zenkichi lol ) . I dont think medaka will ever change she will always be a sadistic who lacks emphaty and rule people since she needs to be dominant . I think its zenkichi that needs to be changed he needs to go in his own way and stop being a masocist , selfless idiot , in the first place zenkichi didnt have to suffer that much since no matter what medaka will love him since he is like the perfect mate for her .
I agree on the sadism and sociopathy, Medaka was never normal by most standards but she is no less abnormal than any shonen hero.
Old 2012-11-04, 12:39   Link #11012
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
On the contrary, even marrying an in-law seems to be against their marriage laws, let alone blood related.

Quote:
Most people related by blood, by adoption or through other marriages cannot get married in Japan.
via http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/acs/tacs-7114a.html
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 12:43   Link #11013
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I agree on the sadism and sociopathy, Medaka was never normal by most standards but she is no less abnormal than any shonen hero.
If medaka became a villain she would be no different from "edese in akame ga kill " so i dont see her as a shounen hero at best medaka is misguided overlord But in this manga medaka isnt the weird one its zenkichi , we know lots of things about medaka but zenkichi is still a black box and even his mother seems really has shaddy plans for him . Medaka seems to have a monster inside and she can control it because she is a sadist dominant sociopath , this itself recembles edese controling ice teigu since they are both cant be controled by anyone . Even with all that superiority zenkichi can control medaka so i sometimes woder if zenkichi has much more sinister thing inside him .
Old 2012-11-04, 14:41   Link #11014
DawnEmperor

Yes, I was being facetious with that. I was just exaggerating how much influence the Kurokami/Tsurubami family has, and how many connections with the plot they're making.
Old 2012-11-04, 18:15   Link #11015
mark1246

does any one know the summary of the light novel regarding with Kumagawa? or an translated version anywhere?
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 18:18   Link #11016
kantou

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
The suitors as nurses. Plus, it's the two whose abilities we haven't seen yet.
we will be able to see their ability is cool.
kantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 19:46   Link #11017
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
On the contrary, even marrying an in-law seems to be against their marriage laws, let alone blood related.

via http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/acs/tacs-7114a.html
I think that means you can't marry your Brother, not your cousin.
AKA KissxSis is OUT

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 22:24   Link #11018
novalysis

Quote:
If medaka became a villain she would be no different from "edese in akame ga kill " so i dont see her as a shounen hero at best medaka is misguided overlord But in this manga medaka isnt the weird one its zenkichi , we know lots of things about medaka but zenkichi is still a black box and even his mother seems really has shaddy plans for him . Medaka seems to have a monster inside and she can control it because she is a sadist dominant sociopath , this itself recembles edese controling ice teigu since they are both cant be controled by anyone . Even with all that superiority zenkichi can control medaka so i sometimes woder if zenkichi has much more sinister thing inside him .
I thought that villainous Medaka has already been parodied and commented upon?

It was done during the end of the flask Plan arc, and done again during the Election/Not Equal Arc.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 22:36   Link #11019
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I thought that villainous Medaka has already been parodied and commented upon?
It was done during the end of the flask Plan arc, and done again during the Election/Not Equal Arc.
What i want to say is that medaka isnt meant to be the good guy , she was born to be the overlordand have all qualities to be that . Medaka loves torturing people and doesnt have any emphaty at all , she also sees humans as pets that serve under her command or inferior creatures . If it wasnt zenkichis positive comment medaka would be the most terrifying existence in the world , just look at how medaka collected bad guys under her that alone shows her quality as an overlord .

Now lets come to kurokami group , do you guys think kurokamni group is a good organization that wants to better the world ? Let me also remind you these guy do anything for their good like forcefully marrying medaka to a person who wins a deathmatch . Medaka now is leader of kurokami group which makes the overlord and it seems only reason she refused it was because they forced her into it .

I dont know how you guys see it but medaka is gradually becoming worst possible scenario and i think in the end she may be killed by zenkichi , medaka really recemble griifith in berserk .
Old 2012-11-04, 23:33   Link #11020
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
I think that means you can't marry your Brother, not your cousin.
AKA KissxSis is OUT
It seems kinda vague.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council