Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-11, 13:40   Link #941
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Now we get to see Lulu go through the stages
I guess the first one is Denial which both lulu and some of our viewers are
going through.
We've already seen Lelouch start denying it.

Lelouch: Rolo, I want to speak with Nunnally.

Knowing the Code Geass staff, that will probably be the only scene of the denial stage before they move on to the next stage and the one after that thirty seconds later.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 13:40   Link #942
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I have this odd feeling that the Sieg is going to get wrecked soon, if its anything like its original Sieg incarnation, then it should be retardedly invincible unless attacked by a small army.
Actually it seems notably weaker, which seemed to be the point of making it in the first place since Siegfried was a "boss" power mecha that wasn't supposed to be fighting alongside a group. It can't do that spinning thing V.V. constantly did for one thing nor does it seem to have tons of giant harkens. It was depowered just enough to make it fair game.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 13:42   Link #943
ani_d

Each episode I get more and more frustrated but this episode just tops it. Everything is just so tangled up. Even if the main characters' intentions are in the right place, something always happens to blur up the situation and we're left with the worst case scenarios.

The ending totally floored me. Hats off to Taniguchi & Okouchi. If Lelouch doesn't go crazy because of this, I'll be surprised. Can he keep the lie to the end now? Nunnally may be the sole reason Lelouch is doing this, but her lack of screentime kind of explains her expendability like Shirley. =/ Maybe Nunnally was in the deepest level underground and she wasn't reached by Fleia lol Who am I kidding?

Last edited by ani_d; 2008-08-11 at 13:59. Reason: nevermind
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 13:43   Link #944
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Actually it seems notably weaker, which seemed to be the point of making it in the first place since Siegfried was a "boss" power mecha that wasn't supposed to be fighting alongside a group. It can't do that spinning thing V.V. constantly did for one thing nor does it seem to have tons of giant harkens. It was depowered just enough to make it fair game.
I'd say it changed classes, though I agree that it seems weaker at the moment. It looks to have changed into a fortress like mech with plenty of far away fire power but lacking the old Siegfried's melee capabilities... which baffles me as Jeremiah is notably known for being very good at melee fighting (he was able to match the Guren when it first appeared, but lost due to mech inferiority).

I still think it will be destroyed, notably because its never featured in the OP baring one shot well after Zero showing off all the mechs scene, and because it seems like it wastes Jeremiah's abilities.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 13:57   Link #945
Aquaman OS

Aside from Siegfried where does Jeremiah show to have good melee capabilities? He seemed to prefer guns back in season 1, always opting for the rifle instead of the lance and even in ep 14 with his custom Sutherland he took the cannon rather than a melee weapon. In the DS game his model Sutherland also relies on guns. He's no slouch at melee either as seen with the tonfas but he seems to like shooting more.

Guilford is the melee guy really as he almost solely used his lance and swords and I don't think was ever shown firing a shot.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 13:58   Link #946
fze

Wait, wait, back up. Aren't their status in the official website "unconfirmed"? That pretty much means they're still alive.
fze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 14:01   Link #947
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Aside from Siegfried where does Jeremiah show to have good melee capabilities? He seemed to prefer guns back in season 1, always opting for the rifle instead of the lance and even in ep 14 with his custom Sutherland he took the cannon rather than a melee weapon. In the DS game his model Sutherland also relies on guns. He's no slouch at melee either as seen with the tonfas but he seems to like shooting more.

Guilford is the melee guy really as he almost solely used his lance and swords and I don't think was ever shown firing a shot.
I seem to remember him using melee weapons quite profiecently in the last season, though I may be mistaken. I was also using the Siegfried as a reference, he was the one using the mech after all, and I'd say he did far better than V.V.. He took on the Guren in melee when his armaments were blown off, and he would have held his own baring the overpowered surge arm. In either case, this Siegfried is wasting his abilities as a cyborg.

I agree on guilford, though he also fired plenty of shots during the Black Rebellion in Season 1 at the end. Though I may just be thinking of the Glastons.
Old 2008-08-11, 14:01   Link #948
orangejuicetang

Am I the only person here who thought that the new Guren moves stupidly fast? I know I'm repeating myself here, but it looked like a freakin beam of light. If the Guren could reach Zero's position from the government building in like 45 seconds, why couldn't she have made it back in time to save Nunually's ship. The bomb took some time before it started to expand, and even then, it expanded slowly.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 14:02   Link #949
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Am I the only person here who thought that the new Guren moves stupidly fast? I know I'm repeating myself here, but it looked like a freakin beam of light. If the Guren could reach Zero's position from the government building in like 45 seconds, why couldn't she have made it back in time to save Nunually's ship. The bomb took some time before it started to expand, and even then, it expanded slowly.
No one knew what it did... except four/five people.
Old 2008-08-11, 14:05   Link #950
Micante

Well, all the Britannians knew enough to retreat and Suzaku told Lelouch what it did. Lelouch could have ordered Kallen to save Nunnally, but since she needed to be offed for plot purposes, let's just say that Lelouch was in too much shock to talk.
Old 2008-08-11, 14:08   Link #951
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fze View Post
Wait, wait, back up. Aren't their status in the official website "unconfirmed"? That pretty much means they're still alive.
IT's a NUKE!? Making them come back alive would render the FREIYA capability useless, unless Sayoko uses the Fourth Hokage Time Space Jutsu or Kakashi Mangekyou Sharingan teleportation ability
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 14:28   Link #952
rpgman1

This was a surprising episode with plenty of surprises and twists. Poor Guilford, he had to die for his princess. I can't believe that the Guren is just like .hack/akatsuki and it totally obliterate the opposition in no time. Suzaku is just too indecisive and hypocritical like Athrun. As for Lelouch, well he seems to vent his frustration and anger towards Rolo and isn't happy to say the least.

I was interested back in S1 why C.C. and the Emperor give hints about Lelouch's ignorance and not looking at what he eventually becomes. Lelouch seems to focus on what is at the moment and the only hint about the future is living peacefully with Nunally. He will be lonely, but he will finally be on the path of kings even though he doesn't realize it.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 14:40   Link #953
Kristen
*Author

I knew that they were going to start killing off major characters soon. The death of nunally is just too important to pass up. C.C.s warning that a life of a king would isolate Lelouche, and she was so right. He's lost his friend and his family with that power, and from the looks of it, he's going to lose Rollo next episode too. All he will have left is C.C., exactly the same as every other person who's had the Geass.

I guess it all comes together in that the Geass is a monkey's paw. It'll make what you want happen, but not in the way you want it to. I knew that the effect of Suzaku's Geass would be important, as would nina. But, Guildford was more important with that Geass than I would have thought.

I guess everyone in the Tokyo settlement died. That means Milley is dead as well. I'd think Suzaku would be dead, but I guess not, since he's in the preview for next episode.

Well, can't say I wasn't expecting it. There needed to be a huge plot twist sometime soon, as Geass was lacking them for a few weeks.

10, because I cannot come up with any legit reason to not give it a 10.
Old 2008-08-11, 14:45   Link #954
El_Negro
Smurfee

I was watching the latest English dub episode - Nunnally held Captive

In the beginning of the episode C.C. was stating that the power of geass would eventually make its user become isolated from everyone whether he/she choses not to, but if he/she overcomes their isolation then he/she would eventually possess or gain the power of the king

So if he overcomes this period of despair (with the help of Kallen & C.C.) would he eventually obtain the power of the King
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 14:48   Link #955
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
I knew that they were going to start killing off major characters soon. The death of nunally is just too important to pass up. C.C.s warning that a life of a king would isolate Lelouche, and she was so right. He's lost his friend and his family with that power, and from the looks of it, he's going to lose Rollo next episode too. All he will have left is C.C., exactly the same as every other person who's had the Geass.

I guess it all comes together in that the Geass is a monkey's paw. It'll make what you want happen, but not in the way you want it to. I knew that the effect of Suzaku's Geass would be important, as would nina. But, Guildford was more important with that Geass than I would have thought.

I guess everyone in the Tokyo settlement died. That means Milley is dead as well. I'd think Suzaku would be dead, but I guess not, since he's in the preview for next episode.

Well, can't say I wasn't expecting it. There needed to be a huge plot twist sometime soon, as Geass was lacking them for a few weeks.

10, because I cannot come up with any legit reason to not give it a 10.
Wait, wait, wait, back up for a moment. LELOUCH PLACED A GEASS ON NINA!?!? I can't believe I could have missed something as important as this...

Oh yeah, Lelouch still has Kallen, so he's not completely alone except for C.C. yet. Millay's confirmed to be out of the blast radius, so she's still alive.
Old 2008-08-11, 14:53   Link #956
sugardaddy87

Can't wait for the next one. If the Knights betray Lulu(like they most likely will I think) then Kallen is gonna pwn all of them.
sugardaddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 15:00   Link #957
Diedrupo

I like how Millay doesn't have 'Dead' or 'Unknown' status on her on the geass page. That means she's alive!

Quote:
I'd say Euphemia and Shirley hit home too, just that they didn't break him in two like a twig.
He didn't seem to care much about Euphemia other than a few seconds of remembrance (not surprising considering how willing he was to kill her), but he definately cried and raged over Shirley. Of course, Nunally's "death" beats all of that.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 15:01   Link #958
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugardaddy87 View Post
Can't wait for the next one. If the Knights betray Lulu(like they most likely will I think) then Kallen is gonna pwn all of them.
Yeaaah.
No, I bet Kallen will ditch Zero too. He'll do something to make her do it.
That's when he needs to go buy his mercs, yell at Rolo and get the fact he doesn't do anything without Lelouch's order though his head, get some new allies, support, ect..
Then go take over everyone.
Then again, that's just another crackpot idea. We all know what is going to happen.
Worriors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 15:03   Link #959
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
Valkyries: You kidding me? Hot girls DYING = disturbing yet impressionable on male minds. I bet you guys still remember that chick who died in the first Black Rebellion simply because she was a CHICK.
Yes, to both.

Damn you, Karen. You have been a bad girl, I don't like you anymore. Because of you, we will never again have the opportunity to apreciate the ultra-conceptual uniform of the valkyries on screen.

Luciano was good riddance, though. Too bad it felt a little rushed, but so much to fit in one episode, and so little time...
Old 2008-08-11, 15:04   Link #960
Ruezu

Send a message via MSN to Ruezu
Quote:
I'd say Euphemia and Shirley hit home too, just that they didn't break him in two like a twig.
Don't forget the maid and of course guilford =o