AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-14, 17:06   Link #901
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Although I have no qualms with Okada specifically, I do have qualms with original endings in general since they never really work unless there are serious diversions in the story earlier on. And a half ending is far too frustrating when the series is so awesome (Tonari no Kaibutsu being a recent example). So yes, it will be great to see this story get the full treatment because it's no less what it deserves.

Episode 18

So many twists...

So many turns...

I'm dying to know what Mahiro is going to do now... (No, don't post spoilers)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 17:11   Link #902
Bombo
TSF Fans

EP 18
*what a great moment for yoshino in this episode .! Finally hakaze destroy the fake smile from him .!

*Cafe moment with jun niisan in cafe so cute with love haha .

*Dancing princess so cool with her entrance !

*Samon need to endure more for the kids next episode ...I can't wait after watching the preview ...IT'S WILL BE SO INTERESTING !
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 20:35   Link #903
mistress_kisara

LOL I found this on tumblr
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Source: http://kasukahime.tumblr.com/image/43108726618
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 22:06   Link #904
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Good to see Yoshino let some of his inner feelings out this week. Being all Terminator-like is great, but emotions help to separate us from the machines!
Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
LOL I found this on tumblr
Images

Source: http://kasukahime.tumblr.com/image/43108726618
I likened that play of events to the action hero who puts his house in order before he steps out to go out in a blaze of glory (throwing the phone on the couch as he left was also a nice touch).

That said, I don't actually expect there to be much of a blow-up between the two over this when they confront each other. Their relationship, I've always thought, is too strong-in a strange way-to cede to shallow knee-jerk reactionary fare when it comes to this inevitable realization of Aika-Yoshino, plus the show has been making a habit of being undersubdued when the expectation is the opposite.

Edit: This is really late, but anyone else wonder what kind of a childhood Hakaze went through in her training to be who she is that she can blithely deal with having her arm torn off as she recreates it with magic? (Yea, I've been on hiatus from many of these shows and just now catching up).
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2013-02-14 at 22:19.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 22:23   Link #905
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

It was good to see Yoshino break down from his usual calm self. Mahiro has taken it quite hard, wonder what he'll do to Yoshino once he meets him. Hakaze looked great in her outfit.
Old 2013-02-14, 22:39   Link #906
Elestia

Excellent episode. Really enjoyed how they really fleshed out Yoshino's cool demeanor as something more of a facade he wears to protect himself. When Hakaze kept provoking some sort of emotion out of Yoshino and watching him slowly lose his composure about Aika's death was really engrossing to watch. He really never truly accepted Aika's death despite whatever he constantly tell others.

Evangeline's theory in a nutshell:

Images
Old 2013-02-14, 23:47   Link #907
shinigami99

What a great episode...Really enjoyed it

I feel like it was a good time for Yoshino to release the bottled up emotions. Hakaze is clearly not giving up (lol "my Yoshino"). Mahiro reacts to the revelation by cleaning the bar. Wow lol.
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 00:03   Link #908
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

They drag on this for so long, for a moment I almost thought Yoshino snapping at Hakaze might get cut.

On the other hand, I have mixed feeling on the change they did in the end that Mahiro arranged the meeting intentionally.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 03:30   Link #909
Bern-san

When I first watched it I wasn't entirely convinced with the way they handled Yoshino's breakdown but after rewatching it my opinion became more positive.

Another very good episode.

When is the OST coming out? I love all the classical tracks.
Old 2013-02-15, 10:55   Link #910
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I like how preview is trolling us
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 11:26   Link #911
ookamigirl

Things seem to be on some kind of a weird loop.
If Hakaze somehow killed Aika, then it was all to get Mahiro and Yoshino to get her off the island.
Without that those two would never do what they had done so far.
Oh, this plot is getting seriously twisted.
Yoshino's behavior is getting weird too.
Wonder who's gonna snap and do something stupid first, Hakaze or Yoshino?
Guess it was Hakaze even though I was expecting Yoshino..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 13:20   Link #912
TheFallenxLullaby

Hakaze's personality disappoints me sometimes. At least her nagging in the anime wasn't as bad as on the manga where she just came across as annoying, but I guess that's part of her charm. Anyhow the pacing seems to have picked up alot and I'm looking forward to a certain scene soon.
TheFallenxLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 18:57   Link #913
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say this was all pretty needed. Yoshino needed to just vent and not just suppress everything. That cold look originally made me think we'd walked into a horror series XD.

I could see Hakaze's actions as being a bit much, but it was needed. Someone had to keep pushing and pushing until Yoshino finally just started actually grieving. Has been lying so long that it became easy to lie to himself and just face everything logically. Nothing will change if you get upset so why bother? It all had to come out at once, the anger, the sadness, just everything.

I was a bit surprised by Mahiro. Went into cleaning mode . I suppose he was hit hard with a truth that he wasn't willing to face either. Someone that sharp must've known on some level. Now it's just the time for them both to talk about this and hopefully live through the confrontation .

Just feels like things are finally moving now.
Old 2013-02-17, 00:09   Link #914
TheFallenxLullaby

I get that, and rationally speaking everyone has their own way to grieve. Mahiro's resolution to his pain is his revenge. For Yoshino, I always believed he was grieving in his own way. He doesn't seem to have many friends, he's even bullied to a point, without Mahiro around, so I'm sure being alone wasn't an issue for him. He's visited Aika's grave with Mahiro many times, suppressing his grief that he eventually got used to it so it wasn't too hard for him to keep it all in. The fact that he always regarded Aika as she's somehow still around I.E answering those girls in class about him having a girlfriend, means he's not ready to let go. Though I believe he's accepted that she's dead.

As for Hakaze pushing Yoshino into his breaking point, it's irritating to see some ojou, who's lived such a sheltered, spoiled life despite being a Mage, suddenly become #1 therapist in the world. What the heck does she know about dealing with loss and grief? I personally would hate someone to push my buttons especially if I don't want to do what they wanted me to do; don't need them telling me how I should feel & how I should deal with it. And I'm sure Yoshino showing his feelings to a girl he's known for a few months isn't the first person he'd want to bare his inner demons to to. But again, he was forced.
I liked her better on the island, because now she's a kickass princess one minute then she becomes an airy bubblehead the next. God, I'm actually glad Yoshino hasn't show any romantic interest in her at all.

Last edited by TheFallenxLullaby; 2013-02-17 at 09:48.
TheFallenxLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 00:06   Link #915
OkamiNoKaze

Was anyone else reminded of the movie Airplane, when Yoshino went into flashback mode about Aika to Hakaze on the plane.
Old 2013-02-21, 15:54   Link #916
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 16:32   Link #917
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 19

I'm guessing the anticlimax between Mahiro and Yoshino was intentional, but in this case i just don't think it works. It was a decent episode in any case, but this is the first time I've genuinely felt it's gone in the wrong direction.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 16:42   Link #918
Elestia

Really missed these kind of slow episodes that let's everything develop in a nice fashion. It was enjoyable with Yoshino and Mahiro reconciling with each other. Evangeline's theory is actually being considered not too far from the truth apparently. Quoting Arthur C Clarke was a nice touch too.
Old 2013-02-21, 16:53   Link #919
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

A very slow episode in the early going, but I really enjoyed the second half. All of the talk in the first episode of time being twisted looks like it's finally about to come back into focus if Hakaze is going to investigate things personally.

If this year in anime has taught me anything, it's that Miyuki Sawashiro's deredere voice is terrifyingly disarming.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 17:58   Link #920
j4c06

Enjoying it every week, but I still can't say I understand Evangeline's place in all these entanglements...
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, gangan, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen