AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-17, 05:18   Link #281
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Very true. It must be difficult to capture Ginko's natural charisma. Anyways, relating to the topic of cosplaying and real life representation of Ginko, is there any (more) news about the Mushishi Live Action movie? I'm aware of little more than its existence, other than the fact that it was announced last October and Katsuhiro Otomo is going to direct it.
WT... a live action movie?? OMG!!! This is news.. very suprising news. Hmmm... a though just occured to me: its gonna be have to be big in CGI, what with all the Mushi to portray. THEY NEED ILM!! Can't wait to see how they do the backgrounds, which have all been beautiful so far.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 09:18   Link #282
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Quote:
I'm aware of little more than its existence, other than the fact that it was announced last October and Katsuhiro Otomo is going to direct it.
Otomo-sama as the director???
Please tell us were have you heard that?
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 12:42   Link #283
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarokr
Otomo-sama as the director???
Please tell us were have you heard that?
I originally discovered it from animenewsnetwork a while ago, and other sites on the net contains a few more sparse details than that, but not by much. The source of the live action announcement appears to have originated from here. I'd like to know more details about it as well (hence my last querying post). More information about this project would be tremendously welcomed.

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-04-17 at 12:53.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 19:30   Link #284
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

I just watched all 20 released episodes, and all I can say is.. "Wow."

Never has every episode been so satisfying as in Mushishi.
I've been looking for oustanding anime after Honey & Clover, and this certainly stilled my hunger.
Old 2006-04-26, 22:06   Link #285
Lazarus

Last 6 - DVD Only or Broadcast?

I thought that the last 6 were to be broadcast on a different network, but the info on AnimeSuki's Mushi-shi BT page seems to imply that they will be DVD only:

Episodes: 20 (TV) + 6 (DVD)

Can anyone clarify?

Also, do all of the groups that were subbing the first 20 intend to stay in the game for the last 6, or is anyone dropping it? [The reason I ask is that I am concerned that I will be stuck with only .mkv or .mp4 files, and my DivX enabled DVD player only speaks XviD and DivX].
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 12:36   Link #286
ginko51

I watched the first 3 episodes and I'm glad I gave this a try!It's just something else.This is one of the reasons I don't like to introduce myself as an anime fan since most anime pays no real attention to story and brainteasing.

Mushishi does tho from what i've seen so far.Oh and the art style rocks too.I keep hearing people talking about Ginko beeing depicted in a poorer way than the rest but to me he's cool the way he is.

I just wished I could track similarly original animes by browse the anime's credits (assuming people who worked in the script had other material of this caliber) but it doesn't look good...
ginko51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 06:11   Link #287
Setzu
Einherjar

Musashi?

I've seen the RAW's one tosho, but I don't watch RAW's.
There is no real information on ANN or aNfo.

Personally, I have one concern; Is this historical? Or fantastical?

Honestly, I hope its not another stupid premise with a protagonist using Musashi's name and a few of the names linked to him. I saw the opening on Youtube, or what I assumed to be the opening, and he had a gun.

A gun? A GUN? That's shameful in my opinion Not only was it one of the things that crushed the Bushido code, but to have Musashi, someone idolized as one of the greatest Samurai, to be using them? Anyways, this isn't a history lesson. I'm a huge fan of Eiji Yoshikawa, the novel is epic in every way. I played the Brave Fencer Musashi games and they made me sick.

There is a WONDERFUL manga that captures it historically, and perfectly, called Vagabond. It captures the book perfectly even when he is still Takezo. No anime to date, though.

Anyone out there able to null or confirm my fears on this new series?
Setzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 10:00   Link #288
chucky
Always impatient

That's the most headscratching post I have ever seen in animesuki forum.....
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 10:31   Link #289
Lost

Eh??? Musashi? Sorry but who/what is that? Whats it doing in the Mushishi thread?

Anyway.

Well. Mushishi fans could use some fanart. Presenting Ginko Pack!!! A friend of mine put it together, after trawling the places that mattered. It contains 137 Mushishi fandom/official pics and walls.

p.s. Ginko stars in almost all of them

Oh and credits to all the picture's authors

Last edited by Lost; 2006-04-29 at 10:42.
Old 2006-04-29, 13:49   Link #290
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Thanks for sharing! I can't imagine how hard it must have been for your friend to find all these images.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 14:20   Link #291
pyormin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Eh??? Musashi? Sorry but who/what is that? Whats it doing in the Mushishi thread?

Anyway.

Well. Mushishi fans could use some fanart. Presenting Ginko Pack!!! A friend of mine put it together, after trawling the places that mattered. It contains 137 Mushishi fandom/official pics and walls.

p.s. Ginko stars in almost all of them

Oh and credits to all the picture's authors
To Lost, Magus IX or anyone else.
I'm sorry in advance if I offence and disturb you or anything but would you mind to reupload this Ginko Pack again. I really want to see this one but it's gone already. Too late.... I'm so sad right now.
pyormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 14:58   Link #292
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyormin
To Lost, Magus IX or anyone else.
I'm sorry in advance if I offence and disturb you or anything but would you mind to reupload this Ginko Pack again. I really want to see this one but it's gone already. Too late.... I'm so sad right now.
Hmm, the megaupload link still works for me, but I've uploaded the pack onto my own webspace instead, avoiding the nuisance of the wait and ads. The pack on my webspace is slightly larger, as I have added a dozen or so more images from my own collection into the pack that it originally did not have. I wanted to contribute my efforts as well. Much thanks Lost, and your friend, for sharing us this collection.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 15:15   Link #293
pyormin

Quote:
Hmm, the megaupload link still works for me, but I've uploaded the pack onto my own webspace instead, avoiding the nuisance of the wait and ads. The pack on my webspace is slightly larger, as I have added a dozen or so more images from my own collection into the pack that it originally did not have. I wanted to contribute my efforts as well. Much thanks Lost, and your friend, for sharing us this collection.
Wow, thanks a lot Muir Woods. I really appreciate for your help.

Much tanks for Lots, and your friend for sharing this to us too.

Last edited by pyormin; 2006-05-02 at 15:29.
pyormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 00:00   Link #294
Lost

You're welcome, glad to share, I'll pass e thanks on to my friend Wow More Pics!! Thanks Muir Woods!
Old 2006-05-03, 11:17   Link #295
Rion
Ramune~

Wow, thank you so much for those pictures. Many of them are really gorgeous *__*
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 22:39   Link #296
ginko51

Question (Mushishi) From everyone's anime experience

From everyone's anime experience, do you think this 6episode DVD coming out is a sign that the possibility of a continuation of the series in the future is ruled out?

I just love this anime so much (i just watched ep12 yesterday ) and can't even think of a reason why it's should end.
Does anyone know just how successful it was in Japan?(i'm assuming that's the basis of their decision?)
ginko51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 02:41   Link #297
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endow
From everyone's anime experience, do you think this 6episode DVD coming out is a sign that the possibility of a continuation of the series in the future is ruled out?

I just love this anime so much (i just watched ep12 yesterday ) and can't even think of a reason why it's should end.
Does anyone know just how successful it was in Japan?(i'm assuming that's the basis of their decision?)
Well, I assume you're referring to the fact that the R2 DVDs are being released as two-disc boxsets, along with the singles? Well, yeah, it's probably a move to try to shore up sales and ensure they get their minimal return (those limited edition boxsets do look pretty nice). Plus, the fact that it got dropped from it's original network run and the last 6 episodes are airing on pay TV (starting next week) probably isn't a good sign either. So... I don't know. From an outside perspective, it sure doesn't look good, but it all depends on merchandise sales. Seems like it's one of those shows that gets critical acclaim, but just doesn't catch the market's eye for whatever reason.

(Maybe others in the Mushishi fansub thread might have other thoughts about it too.)
Edit: Thread merged by the mods!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2006-05-07 at 18:50.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 17:48   Link #298
Lazarus

This IS the...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
(Maybe others in the Mushishi fansub thread might have other thoughts about it too.)

This thread, the one we're in right now, IS the Mushi-shi fansub thread.

Of course, there's always the possibility that I took too much benadryl [spring in NoCal...uuggh], and I'm having a hallucimination [sic].
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 18:50   Link #299
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
This thread, the one we're in right now, IS the Mushi-shi fansub thread.

Of course, there's always the possibility that I took too much benadryl [spring in NoCal...uuggh], and I'm having a hallucimination [sic].
haha - no no, it's not the benadryl. It's because it was originally in it's own thread in the General Anime section. The mods did what I figured they'd probably do and merge the threads (which was the other reason for the comment). I'll edit to reflect that. No, I assure you, you're not losing it (well at least so far as I can tell)!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 22:30   Link #300
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
shows that gets critical acclaim, but just doesn't catch the market's eye for whatever reason.
Sad. About that, check out the user ratings at ANN's site.

Tags
drama, historical, seinen, supernatural