AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-10-14, 02:02   Link #8241
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I'm not sure it this is good or bad but I think Circes' prophecy might come true a little bit early.
Since it's most likely that Godou will fight him again in present time, her prophecy might happened during the present time.

Anyway, the synopsis really looks interesting! I wonder if Doni will survive that

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 02:43   Link #8242
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

I do wonder what it means for Artio to have a summon-able son means. Is Artus actually a God? It just... seems weird for some reason. I do think that it will be interesting in any case.

Though the first thing I noticed was the vastly improved art by Sirkowsky. I hope the actual illustrations will be as good too.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 02:52   Link #8243
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Sikorsky's colour illustrations have been rather decent recently. Even the normal ones aren't bad now... The problem is, he simply cannot draw backgrounds. At all.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 03:00   Link #8244
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
I do wonder what it means for Artio to have a summon-able son means. Is Artus actually a God? It just... seems weird for some reason. I do think that it will be interesting in any case.
I don't think it's weird ... since it's another thing that confirms that Artus is a special existence, which should be obvious considering he is someone who's task is to destroy the Campione in the era that he appears in.

Not to mention, I don't think that the summoning refereed in the synopsis is to actually call Artus from some different dimension, but rather a process to awaken him, from his slumbered state and maybe teleport him to Artio's location, which would be a bad thing for Godou and his companions.

After all, like it was shown in epilogue of volume 10, Artus still maintains his presence in the world, although in the form of the actual Divine Sword of Salvation.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 03:22   Link #8245
Kadi
知識の探求者

From what I gather from the Japanese, she doesn't summon him like a subordinate god or divine beast. She may call him and he just answers her call as an equal or whatever... maybe. We'll see.

The new short story is hilarious, by the way. Now with >100% more MariMite references... couldn't believe it.
Spoiler for SS7:
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 06:16   Link #8246
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

I can't believe I just realized it when a friend of mine pointed it out, but, everything that had happened that are related to Artus, from the deaths, the destruction, and the whole plot, everything was because of Doni's actions. And what fueled his actions... was that he lost in a frickin' online game. That's beyond the word "Petty" and "Unjustified" even with capitals on them. This is simply ridiculous. My opinion for him went from 'dislike' to outright 'hate'. And I would not be surprised if he doesn't get punished for what he did, barring getting shouted or something as minor and trivial at that. Being Campione gives you all the benefits of a Stu after all, whether they are an actual Stu or not is optional. Though most of them are rather shallow and lacks self-awareness.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 08:30   Link #8247
Breimoon

well , his friend and godou will surely scold him.Though he will just think about duelling
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 15:00   Link #8248
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

Wait so Doni wounds Artio and she summons her son Artus. Does that mean that Doni pretty much doomed the Campiones or would Artus have been summoned regardless of Doni?
Zurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 16:11   Link #8249
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
I can't believe I just realized it when a friend of mine pointed it out, but, everything that had happened that are related to Artus, from the deaths, the destruction, and the whole plot, everything was because of Doni's actions. And what fueled his actions... was that he lost in a frickin' online game. That's beyond the word "Petty" and "Unjustified" even with capitals on them. This is simply ridiculous. My opinion for him went from 'dislike' to outright 'hate'. And I would not be surprised if he doesn't get punished for what he did, barring getting shouted or something as minor and trivial at that. Being Campione gives you all the benefits of a Stu after all, whether they are an actual Stu or not is optional. Though most of them are rather shallow and lacks self-awareness.
We don't even know what Artus is going to do yet, (unless you're going to blame everything he's done before on Doni), so that seems a little premature.

Actually Doni hasn't really done anything much so far as we know (this volume will expound on whatever he's doing with the Franks).

Old 2013-10-14, 16:26   Link #8250
Breimoon

if i remember well in theory uldin should live on for a few years . Now that 3 troublemakers have come to the past what will happen?
Old 2013-10-14, 16:37   Link #8251
bludvein

Doni's stupidity may very well break history. Not only did he set France up to be created ahead of schedule by several hundred years, if the King of the End wakes ahead of time and wipes out the campiones before they do their parts who knows what will happen. Paradoxes all over the place.

God damn he is such an idiot.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 17:07   Link #8252
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Doni's stupidity may very well break history. Not only did he set France up to be created ahead of schedule by several hundred years, if the King of the End wakes ahead of time and wipes out the campiones before they do their parts who knows what will happen. Paradoxes all over the place.

God damn he is such an idiot.
There's a corrective effect, remember.

As for the King of the End, he should have been awake in that period anyway.

Old 2013-10-14, 21:02   Link #8253
II Maestro

According to Aisha:
Quote:
"Yes. Unlike the future, the past is like a story where the plot is already decided. If anything happened to alter the plot, I believe the corrective force will do its utmost to rectify logic."
Will that work on gods & god-slayers battle?
Old 2013-10-14, 22:09   Link #8254
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
According to Aisha:

Will that work on gods & god-slayers battle?
Personally, I think that even Aisha's corrective force has a limit of the things that it can do.

This limit is probably set pretty high, but I think that prematurely awakening the King of the End, along with the other things that Doni has done and is going to do, will cause some changes / paradox's in the present time line.

For the simple reason, that now Godou and probably Aisha, will have even more hints about the King of the End's real identity or maybe even know, what kind of myths created Artus .... due to surviving an encounter with him, in the past ... and I don't think that knowledge won't have any consequences on the present time line.
Old 2013-10-15, 15:14   Link #8255
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Doni... I would like to say I'm surprised but I kind of expected this from him I keep flashing back and forth between liking and disliking him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Spoiler for Conversation between Godoum, Karen and Liliana in Volume 4 chapter 3:

It would be interesting if the source of that legend turned out to be Godou when he was in the past.
This kind of makes me think it's Aisha given how often she gets called the Holy Maiden in volume 14 but I don't know if the author tends to plan things out that far or not... also there might be some language differences.
Old 2013-10-15, 15:17   Link #8256
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Doni... I would like to say I'm surprised but I kind of expected this from him I keep flashing back and forth between liking and disliking him...

This kind of makes me think it's Aisha given how often she gets called the Holy Maiden in volume 14 but I don't know if the author tends to plan things out that far or not... also there might be some language differences.
it would mean our holy maiden should have
1) basic magic knowledge of the spell giving information
2) knowledge itself about the god
well , maybe the second one is possible since she seems the kind of girl who has a lot of knowledge.Not sure about the first one
Old 2013-10-15, 16:23   Link #8257
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Erica and Ena don't know who the King of the End is so maybe she'll have to...

It's really just a pet theory though, the kind of thing I think up when I'm procrastinating. I don't think it is very likely to actually happen.
Old 2013-10-15, 19:58   Link #8258
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post

Remember this is the author who created the prologue in volume 3 and its continuation in volume 11. So I think it is possible he planned ahead of time.
Old 2013-10-15, 22:51   Link #8259
Chris38

If anyone is interested here is another preview picture for volume 15:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Judging from that, I would say that Artio has a quite good character design, even if she's the enemy.
Old 2013-10-16, 02:27   Link #8260
Vezon

short story 7 has also been translated!
Vezon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem