AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-02-26, 13:32   Link #2621
desrtsku
Nympholept

I don't get the analogy.
Old 2014-02-26, 15:27   Link #2622
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I think he means that Touma saw how the world could be manipulated the same way that a manga artist manipulates its series, or better, think of a Matrix(movie) character who knows who lives in the Matrix while all the other characters do not know. at least that's what I understood of the analogy.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 16:15   Link #2623
pikachuwei

I really want it to be an Othinus x Touma end now

NT9 was just so goddamm romantic!
Old 2014-02-26, 20:17   Link #2624
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
I'm curious is to the answers that Kamijou will give when asked why he is protecting a villain. the level of alienation of Kamijou should now be similar to a fairy tale character who discovered that his life is a fairy tale, this creates many interesting possibilities.
Why does this remind me of
Spoiler for Fairy Tail anime:

And like Acer said, that was literally what was going through my head. This volume was about addressing the importance of how you can live with yourself even if you know you're just a character in a story created by someone else (sort of Nihilistic there). Kamachi did a good job of that.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 21:00   Link #2625
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
This volume was about addressing the importance of how you can live with yourself even if you know you're just a character in a story created by someone else (sort of Nihilistic there)
Actually, the correct term here is solipsism, though in the sense that you're not the main ''Mind'' there, just an element of the dream.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 21:02   Link #2626
LG-MAX

More than fights, I want see how Touma will relate with his friends, he made clear that after going through everything that happened he would never return to normal, this can be a new beginning for him.
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 21:10   Link #2627
dragon1412

and we will go toward the : To aru majutsu no Majin and To aru majutsu no Majin : Edda.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 23:55   Link #2628
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
More than fights, I want see how Touma will relate with his friends, he made clear that after going through everything that happened he would never return to normal, this can be a new beginning for him.
Actually, I think its pretty clear this is supposed to be about Touma getting back into shape to do what he does best; protecting cute girls against overwhelming odds. Not that I mind.

Quote:
Kamachi did a good job of that.
Summary of NT 9 right here.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 01:30   Link #2629
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Actually, the correct term here is solipsism, though in the sense that you're not the main ''Mind'' there, just an element of the dream.
Yeah I know what Solipsism is, it's about being able to tell between reality constructed by something else (mind in a tube reality) and objective reality...

I feel like the two overlap somewhat, but in this case feel like the volume was about Touma accepting the meaningless of everything. I don't know if he actually believed in solipsism here; I think he just thought everything was somewhat arbitrary and it didn't mean much, and he didn't have an identity, but he did what he wanted to do anyway.

The best part was that he didn't do it because of some grandiose reason... he did it because he wanted to, and could only fight after hearing that... that's a truly honest human response to such a burden.
Old 2014-02-27, 14:26   Link #2630
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I am predicting that the next time he interacts with his friends it will be about him trying to rebuild his relationships with him just like Will-Chan told him he will probably have to do for rejecting the world Othnius created.
Old 2014-02-27, 18:55   Link #2631
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I am predicting that the next time he interacts with his friends it will be about him trying to rebuild his relationships with him just like Will-Chan told him he will probably have to do for rejecting the world Othnius created.
This is what I've been wanting to see all the time. I'm pretty sure it will happen, not I just wonder how it will happen.
Old 2014-02-27, 19:48   Link #2632
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
I feel like the two overlap somewhat, but in this case feel like the volume was about Touma accepting the meaningless of everything. I don't know if he actually believed in solipsism here; I think he just thought everything was somewhat arbitrary and it didn't mean much, and he didn't have an identity, but he did what he wanted to do anyway.

The best part was that he didn't do it because of some grandiose reason... he did it because he wanted to, and could only fight after hearing that... that's a truly honest human response to such a burden.
So Touma is an Existentialist according to you?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 20:11   Link #2633
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
So Touma is an Existentialist according to you?
Yes. IMO, his moral principles/ideas about how the world works are just derived from his Existentialist assumptions about the world.
Old 2014-02-27, 21:23   Link #2634
ApatheticMan

Quote:
I'm curious is to the answers that Kamijou will give when asked why he is protecting a villain. the level of alienation of Kamijou should now be similar to a fairy tale character who discovered that his life is a fairy tale, this creates many interesting possibilities.
He doesn't need a reason.

He already spared Fiamma who started WWIII, and no one was really up in his case. Also, WWIII seems to be a bigger incident than the invasion of Hawaii or Baggage city.

Index doesn't seem to think too much about that incident where she was controlled by Fiamma.

So this might all blow over once everyone realizes Othinus has lost her power after the fairy spell and will never be a threat again.

But maybe things will be different this time, and next volume is just one big boss rush, or at least 1 chapter of a boss rush where Touma, now a kung-fu master effortlessly beating down everyone, dodging waves of bullet patterns that put Touhou on Lunatic to shame.

Breaking his mental limits, unleashing 120% of human physical potential.

Doing Parkour around Sargasso as he goes from enemy to enemy(he was hunted down in some versions, so he may have picked up Parkour naturally).

If Touma is now a kung fu master, couldn't he have mastered parkour while being chased down by the entire world in all those iterations?
ApatheticMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 23:19   Link #2635
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApatheticMan View Post
He doesn't need a reason.

He already spared Fiamma who started WWIII, and no one was really up in his case. Also, WWIII seems to be a bigger incident than the invasion of Hawaii or Baggage city.

Index doesn't seem to think too much about that incident where she was controlled by Fiamma.

So this might all blow over once everyone realizes Othinus has lost her power after the fairy spell and will never be a threat again.

But maybe things will be different this time, and next volume is just one big boss rush, or at least 1 chapter of a boss rush where Touma, now a kung-fu master effortlessly beating down everyone, dodging waves of bullet patterns that put Touhou on Lunatic to shame.

Breaking his mental limits, unleashing 120% of human physical potential.

Doing Parkour around Sargasso as he goes from enemy to enemy(he was hunted down in some versions, so he may have picked up Parkour naturally).

If Touma is now a kung fu master, couldn't he have mastered parkour while being chased down by the entire world in all those iterations?
I feel like the second thing you said is much more likely to happen, especially since Index, everyone else didn't even know Fiamma was alive. The world thought he was dead, that's why he wasn't hunted until now. Once he's noticed the same thing will probably happen to him, so I'm guessing he'll ally with Touma.
Old 2014-02-28, 13:49   Link #2636
Theroryu
Random Theory Maker

Quote:
I can see this happening. I mean quite a lot of people did some crazy shit before and they were spared.

I mean for example.. Aureolus Izzard didn't mind sacrificing innocents for his goal. I mean he nearly turned the entire cram school of innocent espers into a bloody water fountain show. They let him live, and even gave him a new face and identity when he lost his powers and memories. Same thing should apply to Othinus as well.
Theroryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 14:13   Link #2637
LG-MAX

the scale of his situation and Othinus is different too, which made ​​Aureullus was almost secret, already Othinus bought fight with the science side, magic side, and even the U.S.A. at least one side will want her head even if she is no longer a threat, if not the Kamachi will become the most ridiculous fiction writer of history
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 14:14   Link #2638
Singally

Quote:
Where is it stated that he's now a kung fu master? If it's the afterword, wasn't he just referring to the mental age of Kamijou?

Touma doing parkour would certainly be interesting though.
Singally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 15:49   Link #2639
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
the scale of his situation and Othinus is different too, which made ​​Aureullus was almost secret, already Othinus bought fight with the science side, magic side, and even the U.S.A. at least one side will want her head even if she is no longer a threat, if not the Kamachi will become the most ridiculous fiction writer of history
I'm pretty sure Kamachi wouldn't do that because he's a good writer. If he did that he'd do it by revealing a long trail of foreshadowing we've missed that's already been in his writing illustrating why this was obviously going to happen and we just didn't notice.

After reading all of these volumes of Index, after reading this, why do you literally doubt him one second later. It's really really really really really really really annoying. At least wait longer before you think he's going to screw it up. He hasn't yet, and he aced it this time, so why are you already saying he could be the most ridiculous fiction writer in history, I'm just getting pissed up at you coming up with the scenario. It's really annoying when people keep on doing this. He's written good books, he's been three books ahead on material, his editors know what he's doing and what his plans are. He's not just going to mess up. He literally made fun of readers for worrying about that in A Certain first story or final story parody SS.

Regardless, back on topic.

They won't forgive her because she could always regain her powers. There is danger of that. People also want revenge. They aren't just going to lock her away because otherwise Gremlin will break her free, she's said that herself. There is no way they'll take her in peacefully. And they're also going to try to destroy Fiamma/Gremlin/ and probably Ollerus because they don't really like him either (if he's still alive...)
Old 2014-02-28, 16:01   Link #2640
Miraluka
Banned

There is a diference between those magicians and Fiamma and Othinus. Those magicians were playing in secret and only those hidden organizations like GRS and Necessarius had the info about those agents.

On the other hand Fiamma openly revealed himself to the world and Othinus was messing around with everyone, secret organization or not.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
infinite hell