AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (second series) - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 10 21.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 17.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 23.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 23.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 10.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-18, 16:52   Link #21
X10A_Freedom

"Average" because I can't help thinking how rushed ZnT tends to be. I mainly watch this only for some cheap laughs these days...

Season 3? All I care about is to hope Sushi-Y continues the novel summaries (since I can't afford 11+ books!)
Old 2007-09-18, 17:01   Link #22
f4bidnish40

Send a message via AIM to f4bidnish40 Send a message via Yahoo to f4bidnish40
Spoiler for TIFFANIA!?:
Old 2007-09-18, 17:08   Link #23
luckystar3

is this ep even subbed yet? i looked everywhere and they still dont have it... how long does it take 2 sub?
Old 2007-09-18, 17:25   Link #24
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

yes it is, and it all depends on sub group, because all of this subs are from people who likes to do it, they don't need to do it, they don't get paid, so as long as it subbed i really don't care when
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Old 2007-09-18, 17:49   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4bidnish40 View Post
Spoiler for TIFFANIA!?:
You know, they could have just added her because of that fact that they won't have another chance --- thats also a factor we have to keep in mind.
Old 2007-09-18, 18:28   Link #26
Echoes

I thought this was an excellent episode, I'm usually very happy with the episodes as long as they focus at least partially on the main couple. This episode managed to focus on both their relationship and differences as well as progress the main plot a bit. Lousie in a cat-costume and Siesta in a bunny-suit? No complaints here! I was actually happy to see Guiche again, as obnoxious as he can be. Too bad there's only one episode left, but it seems most of you are optimistic about a third season, so that's a relief.

Also, discussing fansubs is a big no-no in this thread.
Old 2007-09-18, 19:18   Link #27
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Go siesta! all the way
Honestly I think her cousin is better
Yea story kind of picks up now?
Next episode could be interesting, wedding?!?
Old 2007-09-18, 20:59   Link #28
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Silver Pentecost

To tell the truth I do not think the animation staff is able to wrap things up coherently for this season. And absolutely I do not want Zero no Tsukaima concluding with full of plot holes everywhere like Rozen Maiden Traümend

Barely, we have seen the surface glass of the war against Albion, and Sheffield's goal, other than having Henrietta killed, have not been hinted at except for the Ring of Andvar.
Spoiler:

Someone drive a stake through my hear, I mean I'm serious.

They cheapened into a mess the value of Scarron and her daughter as recurring comical characters.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-18, 21:17   Link #29
mdauben

Quote:
Aside of any comparison with the novel, it was fairly great that they kept the very unstable discussion between Saito and Louise about "dying in honor".
This is probably the most important part of the episode as it contributes to the whole SaitoxLouise relationship. Unfortunatly, as others have said, perhaps too little, too late to save this season?

Quote:
the big complain for this episode is probably Siesta's personality
Not having read any of the novels, I can't comment on how she compares to the original but I still agree. I really liked Siesta in season 1 and almost hoped for a SaitoxSiesta ending. Now in season 2, however, I almost dislike her. The sweet, gentle girl from last season was relpaced by a pushy, selfish plot device.

Strangely enough, my opinion of Louise has undergone exactly the opposite transformation. In the first season I really didn't like her. She was spoiled, cruel and unjustifiably arrogant without enough character development to excuse that. In this season, while she is still somewhat the same on the surface, we see much more of her loving side, which now makes her actually likable. The scene with her talking to Saito's sword was an excellent example of why. Even the catgirl costume, while funny, was actually kind of touching at the same time, that she would do that for Saito.

Quote:
There is much more to the story. I'm betting on a third season.
Lots of series endings set up more seasons that never get made. What it really comes down to is how financially successful this season is. Going by the general buzz on the interweb, there are a lot of dissatisfied fans right now, but on-line complaining does not always reflect poor sales, so we will have to see.

Still, after all this wasted time, I honestly can't see how they can bring this season to a satisfactory ending in just 20 more minutes.

Last edited by mdauben; 2007-09-20 at 09:39.
Old 2007-09-18, 21:20   Link #30
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
The ending is definitely picking up pace which is catching my interest, but still not enough to save this show. This episode did remind me of Season 1 of ZnT, but honestly, I don't care anymore about this series anymore. I just want they to finish it off and start releasing SnS II.
Old 2007-09-18, 21:50   Link #31
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
The ending is definitely picking up pace which is catching my interest, but still not enough to save this show. This episode did remind me of Season 1 of ZnT, but honestly, I don't care anymore about this series anymore. I just want they to finish it off and start releasing SnS II.
Urge to kill.....rising.
j/k

Still hoping for a 3rd season though.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-18, 22:00   Link #32
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Urge to kill.....rising.
j/k

Still hoping for a 3rd season though.
Spoiler:
Hey, I never said I don't want to see a 3rd season. If there is a 3rd redeeming season, I'd love to see it, otherwise, ZnT2 is getting deleted off my hard drive.

I haven't read the manga, but this Tiffania character sounds interesting.
Old 2007-09-18, 22:08   Link #33
Phoenix14
Clannad

Personally, I am satisfied.

I don't get why so many people complain, just because it doesn't have the same loose, slap-stick storyline that season 1 did.

I like season 2 more than season 1...
Old 2007-09-18, 22:17   Link #34
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
No way that season 2 was as good as season 1.

Season 2 seems so disjointed and rushed at times while slow at others.

Anyway...

Episode 11 was kinda meh for me, prolly because I watched the first half without sound while feigning interest in a phone conversation.

Saito is irking me a bit with his goody-goody diatribes. Probably because I come from a military family where it's very honorable to serve your country (but, as Patton said, the object of war is not to die for your country...) and make it home alive. No sense uselessly throwing your life away.

Hopefully the final episode of this season will make up for some of the shortcomings of the season overall.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2007-09-18, 22:19   Link #35
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

To me, Season 2 felt like filler. I didn't feel like much of anything happened whereas Season 1 had crazy plot development. Not to mention, Louise got really annoying, Saito got really horny, and Siesta got really jealous.
Old 2007-09-18, 22:49   Link #36
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
To me, Season 2 felt like filler. I didn't feel like much of anything happened whereas Season 1 had crazy plot development. Not to mention, Louise got really annoying, Saito got really horny, and Siesta got really jealous.
That's what irked me the most. I liked her character in the first season, but in the second season every time she appeared it was worthless.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2007-09-19, 00:12   Link #37
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Lots of series endings set up more seasons that never get made. What it really comes down to is how financially successful this season is. Going by the general buzz on the interweb, there are a lot of dissatisfied fans right now, but on-line complaining does not always reflect poor sales, so we will have to see.
The thing I find interesting is that this series has always had a lot of outspoken "interweb" critics. I especially remember all the vocal critics in the first season, saying that the anime was a complete travesty and nothing like the novels. Apparently it still sold well enough to warrant this second season. And now, there's still a lot of discent, but a lot of it is from people who liked the first season. So really, who knows what that means for sales. Personally, I'll be buying the R2 DVDs again, just as with the first season, but that's just me.
Old 2007-09-19, 00:36   Link #38
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Though people said the Agnes part was very long. I didn't think it was that long. It prepared for Colbert's death very nicely.

Very sad moment.
Old 2007-09-19, 00:40   Link #39
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I don't know what it is, but catgirl Louise disturbs me for some reason. Many things just don't seem right about it.
Old 2007-09-19, 00:46   Link #40
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

I'm thinking season 3... I mean we don't know enough. The elf that saved Guiche still hasn't had any airtime. Episode 12 is going to feel so rushed if there is no 3rd season.
Closed Thread