AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-10, 23:22   Link #21
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Sheryl is yuri for Ranka.

But Altro is hot for Sheryl.

Miss Misa-Leftenant is hot for Altro.

thus we have our first homosexual/bisexual/hetrosexual Fourway love square in Macross.

keeping up with the modern norms you know.

BANZAI!
Old 2008-04-10, 23:24   Link #22
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I don't think Sheryl will be participating in Miss Macross, more chance of her judging.

Spoiler for Ep titles 5-6:
There is some info. in ep2.
Spoiler for ep2:
Old 2008-04-10, 23:33   Link #23
Westlo
Lets be reality

Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-10, 23:46   Link #24
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-10, 23:57   Link #25
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Macross Galaxy is technically older, but it doesn't mean the fleet is smaller in size nor in technology.

in fact i suspect M-Galaxy to be a bigger fleet, because there really isn't any limit on population, as they do have the technology to expand the fleet over time.

The only difference would be in the Main Battle cruiser and the main colony ship which are restricted in size. Those things are impractical to replace with a new model.

but to stay on topic, i really really really like the new ending song.

the VA for sheryl is beautiful, can't wait for the single/album.
Old 2008-04-11, 00:12   Link #26
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
Macross Galaxy is technically older, but it doesn't mean the fleet is smaller in size nor in technology.

in fact i suspect M-Galaxy to be a bigger fleet, because there really isn't any limit on population, as they do have the technology to expand the fleet over time.

The only difference would be in the Main Battle cruiser and the main colony ship which are restricted in size. Those things are impractical to replace with a new model.

but to stay on topic, i really really really like the new ending song.

the VA for sheryl is beautiful, can't wait for the single/album.
It doesn't matter my above speculation true or not. My main point is M-Galaxy is really really close to M-Frontier. If something happens, Sheryl can reasonably travle or migrate to M-F and all.
Old 2008-04-11, 04:23   Link #27
Westlo
Lets be reality

How would guys rank the 3 Sheryl songs so far? I gotta go with Diamond Crevesse, Don't Be Late and What About My Star (would like to hear a longer version of this though!).
Old 2008-04-11, 21:40   Link #28
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Spoiler for Sheryl:
Old 2008-04-11, 22:50   Link #29
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadorna View Post
Spoiler for Sheryl:

or maybe she's just from Canada/France/Eden?

Old 2008-04-12, 03:50   Link #30
Ottocycle

LOL at Sheryl's frustration while looking for Alto, or should I say the SMS complex in ep2.
Old 2008-04-12, 05:23   Link #31
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
or maybe she's just from Canada/France/Eden?

Which is a lot more logical since her physical appearance is European.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-12, 15:59   Link #32
Icehawk

The current broadcast version of episode 1 really seemed to make Sheryl out like a pretty stuck up bitch when not in her stage persona. She may have a good singing voice but I dont think much of her as an individual at this point. Hopefully that will change, otherwise no matter how good she sings I can't help but hate her.
Old 2008-04-12, 16:22   Link #33
Westlo
Lets be reality

Since they really emphasized her being a diva/bitch I'm 99% sure she will change.
Old 2008-04-12, 18:44   Link #34
orion

Why? It's rare to see a change in real life. Once a diva always a diva. Plus, there is no real reason for her to change. She's top dog in the solo arena.

I still wonder if that's her natural hair color. Makes you wonder if she wanted another Fire Bomber association (Mylene this time) with the pink hair.
Old 2008-04-12, 18:51   Link #35
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Eh she could have some personal crisis or something, maybe something horrible happens on the Macross and she realises she's not the centre of the universe. Weirder things have happened. Let's also not forget that the Power of Love is a pretty strong force in the macross universe
Old 2008-04-12, 18:53   Link #36
Westlo
Lets be reality

Did you watch the first episode of Itazura na Kiss? Do you think the main male character will continue to treat the main female character the same for the entire series? Just like with Itazrua no Kiss the character change is teelgraphed, they played up her bitchyness/divadom in the broadcast edition and they didn't do it for no reason. Hayase was rather bitchy at first to Hikaru wasn't she? I enjoyed the character development of Hayase and I expect to enjoy Sheryl's as as well. What character development will Sheryl have if it's not her being less of a diva/bitch? Episode 2 makes it clear who the "aliens" target was and it's not Sheryl so she won't be able to play "that" role. All 3 main characters will change throughout the series, it's obvious.
Old 2008-04-12, 20:40   Link #37
orion

The change doesn't have to be positive one. She's a pampered diva who will stay protected thru out the series. The war should have very little impact on her as she would be shuttled out of the war zone to a safe location for her next concert as soon as the fighting dies down. She would practically have to lose everything to change at this point.
Old 2008-04-12, 22:55   Link #38
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The change doesn't have to be positive one. She's a pampered diva who will stay protected thru out the series. The war should have very little impact on her as she would be shuttled out of the war zone to a safe location for her next concert as soon as the fighting dies down. She would practically have to lose everything to change at this point.
That's a pretty radical and pessimistic prediction for her character
In my opinion, it's obvious Sheryl's character development will serve to make her a positive character. I doubt she's just a monster of arrogance, and even if she is, I think it's understandable in a way. According to the manga:
Spoiler for tiny manga spoiler:

So, I doubt she has always been protected, and I think the story behind the sentimental value of her earrings will prove she has a vulnerable and emotional side.

Personally, I believe this anime will give a satisfying resolution for the three main characters.
So if Sheryl has to lose her idol status, she'll win something else along the way (which is why I think she might win in the love department, but heh, all my predictions have been wrong recently ).
Old 2008-04-13, 07:37   Link #39
Westlo
Lets be reality

Orion who said the war will change her? I'm thinking more Alto than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys View Post
Personally, I believe this anime will give a satisfying resolution for the three main characters.
So if Sheryl has to lose her idol status, she'll win something else along the way (which is why I think she might win in the love department, but heh, all my predictions have been wrong recently ).
I don't think she will lose her idol status but she won't be the "Minmei" of this series when it comes to those aliens or whatever they are. Like you I think they will give a satisfying resolution to all 3 main characters, because of that my gut feeling tells me she will win in the love department. Unlike you I've nailed every prediction I've made in the last 6 months and thank god I did or I'll be wearing a Kai from Kimikiss avatar for this entire Spring season...
Old 2008-04-13, 12:38   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Sheryl is yuri for Ranka.
I believe you've got that the wrong way around.

Tags
characters