AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-04, 17:00   Link #41
Haladflire65
*Artist

I just watched the first episode. I liked the OP and ED a lot, and the animation/art was crisp and very pretty. Not bad for my first Shoujo... I'm looking forward to the next episode, because as we all know the first's all just introductions... Yup, Hakuouki's staying on my watchlist
Old 2010-04-04, 17:19   Link #42
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Just want to say cronmage's version is joke subs. So you might want to avoid that.

Although it is quite funny in some parts. XD
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 20:34   Link #43
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Okay I said I'd wait for the sub...well...I couldn't...I caved into their hotness and watched the raw...orz - not that I understood anything.

I like the OP and ED. Love the OP song - although I couldn't hear much of it with all the bishies floating around before my eyes. I got fangirl goosebumps all the while watching this first episode. *shivers*

Spoiler for episode 1:

And I saw many potential bl pairings (...this coming from me, orz) I'm sure bl-fangirls are jumping to the gun for.

Looks good so far...plot?...when it comes to a basket full of bishies like this...I don't need plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
A shame they're a bunch of really dens e bishie samurais who took over 12 minutes to realize that she was, in fact, a woman.
I never played the game, so I didn't know what she sounded like but, from a picture alone, I also first thought she was a boy.

Now to choose which subgroup will be good to follow...

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 20:42   Link #44
Shiina
ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

Just watched the subs. I have to say, this is one of the best fabulous hair-themed triple reverse trap double reverse harem anime I've seen in a while!

I mean.

Deen really surprised me here. The art looks great and the colors they chose really fit the atmosphere. Can't say much about animation since the majority of this episode didn't need any, but overall very pleasing visually.
Won't comment on plot yet since I'll need (real) subs for that. It took a bit of effort for the talking heads to keep my attention, but that's mainly the lack of subs fault. I'll trust that the story will move past the talking and into action/romance/etc soon. Will keep watching~
Shiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 20:51   Link #45
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Haven't played the game and all the characters appear in the OP/ED

Old 2010-04-04, 21:53   Link #46
Joojoobees

I just ran across a second set of trollsubs for this title. Some people are seriously laying the hate on. On the plus side, I've seen the opening scene about 10 times now, and quite like it. :checks watch: I guess there's no chance of getting a legit sub today after all.

While I'm at it:
Spoiler for Images of Chizuru:

Last edited by Joojoobees; 2010-04-04 at 21:56. Reason: Added pix for kix
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 21:59   Link #47
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
I never played the game, so I didn't know what she sounded like but, from a picture alone, I also first thought she was a boy.
Might be because I'm a guy, then. But I instantly recognized her as a girl, and a very cute one, while we're at it. Plus, someone there went as far as having her all tied up when she got 'captured', so I really don't think that somehow the fact she had a woman's body would go by unnoticed.

Then again, this really isn't important at all!
Old 2010-04-04, 22:27   Link #48
kitten320

I knew that she was girl way before watching the episode. And duno, if the whole episode really was about finding out the gender... couldn't they just grab her front or undress her to confirm that?
Old 2010-04-04, 22:42   Link #49
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Not the whole episode.. About midway they found out and they were like "Ehhh?"
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 22:47   Link #50
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Might be because I'm a guy, then. But I instantly recognized her as a girl, and a very cute one, while we're at it. Plus, someone there went as far as having her all tied up when she got 'captured', so I really don't think that somehow the fact she had a woman's body would go by unnoticed.

Then again, this really isn't important at all!
Well, in the anime I recognized her as a girl...I mean, I haven't seen a guy scream like that and in that way, even in anime. But before the anime, when I first just saw a picture of her, I thought she was a boy.

But you're right, this isn't important...just funny.

I agree, she is a cute (and damn lucky!) girl. I wonder how well she can fight - since she has a sword, I assume she can fight at least.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 03:25   Link #51
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
And I saw many potential bl pairings (...this coming from me, orz) I'm sure bl-fangirls are jumping to the gun for.
I'm in!

I'm really looking forward to this. I've always been interested in the Shinsengumi since Rurouni Kenshin.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 03:29   Link #52
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Episode one was nice. It looked interesting and ended up interesting. Though talk about bishounen overload...... ( -_-)
Otome game, after all... Can't be helped.
As long as the story remains stable, it'll be a good show... I hope.

Plus, there aren't many, but the girls are cute.
I thought it was obvious she was female...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
couldn't they just grab her front or undress her to confirm that?
Brilliant idea! Yes, two thumbs up! Strip her...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 04:57   Link #53
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Just want to say cronmage's version is joke subs. So you might want to avoid that.
Thanks for the heads up. I was just watching it now and just got to the OP when I realised there had to be something wrong with the subs.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 08:05   Link #54
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Brilliant idea! Yes, two thumbs up! Strip her...
Well that's definitely what I would do. Fast and effective.
Or if I was on her place, then I myself would open my kimono, I'm pretty sure that she has it bandaged anyway so you don't have to be too embraced.
Old 2010-04-05, 12:00   Link #55
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiina View Post
Just watched the subs. I have to say, this is one of the best fabulous hair-themed triple reverse trap double reverse harem anime I've seen in a while!

Haha, the joke subs were pretty funny -- plus it helps to learn the language when you have to really concentrate on what they are saying.

Beautiful art, though the moving mouths screams not high enough budget. It seems like almost every anime with good looking guys made for girls are cursed with moving mouths and slow action sequences, though this one is comparatively a lot better than a lot of others.

Really excited to see the real subs come out after the end of Kimi. Do we have more than one group doing this one?
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 12:57   Link #56
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

So far when the plot comes to mind it's - meh. All I really did was drool at the eye-candy all episode . I still loved it though.

I don't need a plot as long as they look this hawt all season .
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 17:34   Link #57
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Watched the episode again (with Chinese sub). Enjoyed it even more.

Not really knowing much (except the name, really) about the Shinsengumi, I looked it up in Wikipedia -- and found that the characters in the show are at least partly based on real people. Click through on the names in the list there for a few actual photos -- Kondou, Hijikata, etc. This site has even more info about each of them.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-04-05 at 17:52.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 01:09   Link #58
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I like this anime. Reminds me a lot of Rurouni Kenshin. The time period, anyway. The character design is much different. Much more... bishounen, I would say.
Old 2010-04-06, 01:17   Link #59
imbehindyou
turn around...

Yes! Hot Guys! Umm, I mean..
I see that DEEN put in some extra effort with character drawings, I'm rather surprised.
And lovely lovely voice of Toriumi Kousuke!

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
imbehindyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 02:38   Link #60
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Well, in the anime I recognized her as a girl...I mean, I haven't seen a guy scream like that and in that way, even in anime. But before the anime, when I first just saw a picture of her, I thought she was a boy.

But you're right, this isn't important...just funny.

I agree, she is a cute (and damn lucky!) girl. I wonder how well she can fight - since she has a sword, I assume she can fight at least.
Yeah, personally my initial thoughts were that it was a boy that was a trap. You know, a boy that looked like a girl and acted like one. But then it turned out to ber a girl (badly) disguised as a boy. Thank goodness... I don't think I could have taken it if it were a boy.

This is funny... is it a reverse harem? In any case, pretty boys abound... I detect yaoi fanart being drawn as we speak.

Tags
edo setting, josei, otome, shinsengumi