AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-10-23, 15:25   Link #41
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Possible, but AGE-1 Sparrow was shown only having the ninja knife and the Zedas flew around AGE-1 during Nora's evac battle, using its speed effectively and engaging only with its spam hand cannons. I guess AGE-1 Sparrow can use the DODS rifle and throw the knife...just once.
The Spallow also has a Needgun for ranged attacks. Not increasing my confidence but........

Maybe its a REALLY strong needlegun?
Old 2011-10-23, 17:02   Link #42
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
The Spallow also has a Needgun for ranged attacks. Not increasing my confidence but........

Maybe its a REALLY strong needlegun?
Maybe it's a rotating beam needle don't know why but rotating seems to make mecha weapons stronger.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 18:55   Link #43
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
After seeing episode 3, I've been thinking: Given the AGE Builder's ability to make equipment based on battle data, and the fact that the Zedas is supposedly 3 times faster than normal UE suits, and assuming the Baqto's bulkiness means they're some kind of heavy weapon type - could it be that the Spallow was designed to combat the Zedas, and the Titus the Baqto?
I'm thinking that could be a distinct possibility.

Anyway, it would appear that plasma energy is alive and well in the AGE universe.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 19:28   Link #44
PzIVf3

Quote:
Ok, as of episode 3, the DODS rifle was shown firing more than 20 "beam magnum" rounds but not unlimited. I guess PzIVf3's screenshot of the UI only showed the DODS rifle fire mode.
This one looks smaller beam version than the previous large and focus.

Probably he switch into a rapid mode making less energy to make the beam rate fast enough to catch the hi-speed EU.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 21:13   Link #45
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

One other thing I noticed today in episode 3, is that the human characters keep referring to the UE as "mobile suit type". They just don't say "mobile suit", but instead add "type in there".

I think leans towards more versions of the UE army. Perhaps they have mobile armors, hell maybe even the ships are UE themselves as well.
Old 2011-10-23, 21:25   Link #46
casval cehack

@SonicSP I always thought the needle gun was just for distraction and CIWS type of work. It would be also hard to aim, unless it is a SMART needle gun.

@PzIVf3 If Flit was at rapid fire mode thus using less energy, the DODS was still capable of one-shotting (as he had stated) the purple Gafran.
Old 2011-10-23, 23:45   Link #47
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
One other thing I noticed today in episode 3, is that the human characters keep referring to the UE as "mobile suit type". They just don't say "mobile suit", but instead add "type in there"
Its essentially the same thing actually when your dealing with an enemy. Feldt referred to Reborns as the "Gundam type" enemy in 00, which Reborns officially is and indeed looks like one. Because you don't know what the enemy officially classified its units, you sometime have to guess based on similarities on how it looks like. Whether the Gafrans are indeed called mobile suits by whatever the hell they're piloted by, they are in practice the same thing as a mobile suit in the basic sense of a humanoid-like mobile weapon.

If I recall correctly, the HG Gafran manual seem to use the mobile suit word in it as well.

Quote:
Anyway, it would appear that plasma energy is alive and well in the AGE universe.
Because the colony core seems to be using plasma propulsion engines to move it, I'm going to speculate that the human ships and mobile suits use it as well. They all have the same blue thrust so far.
Old 2011-10-24, 05:13   Link #48
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Because the colony core seems to be using plasma propulsion engines to move it, I'm going to speculate that the human ships and mobile suits use it as well. They all have the same blue thrust so far.
That raises the question of what the UE use. That purple stuff isn't normal, and plasmas are whitish-blue.
Old 2011-10-24, 06:08   Link #49
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
That raises the question of what the UE use. That purple stuff isn't normal, and plasmas are whitish-blue.
Well, I reckon we won't know until either the age system figures it out, a unit gets captured or if we get an inside view of the UE camp.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 06:41   Link #50
bio9205
Reborn

The Spallow has a gun? I don't remember seeing it anywhere before.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 06:47   Link #51
casval cehack

The needle guns are stored in Sparrows knees.
Old 2011-10-24, 08:19   Link #52
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
The Spallow has a gun? I don't remember seeing it anywhere before.
It has a needlegun, which fires solid stakes from its knees.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 08:52   Link #53
bio9205
Reborn

Thanks for that info. Is it a missile of sorts? While it's a bit underwhelming, I guess anything will do to add to its currently pathetic arsenal of weapons.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 08:58   Link #54
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It has a needlegun, which fires solid stakes from its knees.

Okay thanks alot that really helps to clarify things I was thinking the needle gun was some sort of hand held weapon to begin with.

Also am I the only one wondering what the Age Gundam is made of clearly from the way it's armor is holding up against enemy fire compared to the Genoace it's outer shell is made from different materials.
Old 2011-10-24, 12:53   Link #55
casval cehack

It could be answered in a week (by episode 4), but these doesn't look like one of those generic gundam medical capsules. Just one active out of atleast four...cryogenic containers for EFF artificial newtypes? AGE system humanoid terminals?

Of course, Wolf could be just be recovering from his last UE battle.
Old 2011-10-24, 15:41   Link #56
GundamFan

Quote:

It could be answered in a week (by episode 4), but these doesn't look like one of those generic gundam medical capsules. Just one active out of atleast four...cryogenic containers for EFF artificial newtypes? AGE system humanoid terminals?

Of course, Wolf could be just be recovering from his last UE battle.
Or it could be if cryogenics is used some for long distance space travel and the Woolf and any other new pilots in the pods only arrived shortly before the UE attack.
Old 2011-10-24, 18:24   Link #57
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

It's said the Sparrow is a faster variant of the AGE. But...how so? I don't see many boosters on it. Is the armor supposed to be lighter?
Old 2011-10-24, 18:31   Link #58
PzIVf3

The two bullet indicator symbol means that the Dots rifle has the ability to fire 2-round bursts with each pull of the trigger. Depends of the operator if he wish to use.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 18:43   Link #59
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Or it could be if cryogenics is used some for long distance space travel and the Woolf and any other new pilots in the pods only arrived shortly before the UE attack.
Or perhaps, in the beginning of the age of peace, they gave to no longer needed ace pilots the Corin Nander treatment, just in case.
Old 2011-10-24, 19:10   Link #60
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
It's said the Sparrow is a faster variant of the AGE. But...how so? I don't see many boosters on it. Is the armor supposed to be lighter?
Due to the lack of mecha elaboration at this moment (which I hope will change soon), I'm going to assume its just magically faster. However.......

Weight is likely one of the reasons. The Spallow weighs 33.4 tons while Normal weighs 43.4 tons. That's almost a 25% decrease in mass. Also, increasing your limb mobility can actually increase the general mobility of the suit because you can utilise the AMBAC better. For example Exia from 00 has better mobility than its other three Gundam peers (even Kyrios) mainly because of the better articulation of its legs according to it's MG. If Spallow's new limb parts are inherently more mobile and more humanlike, that by itself can improve mobility. Another speculation of mine is that the power distribution is tuned differently, that it might have less power going into the armor and more power into the thrusters for stronger propulsion thus completing the standard RPG speed specialized setup of more speed and less armor.

If only the Sigil Blade can generate a powerful beam saber and the Spallow would have a small vulcan on its left arm, I think it would be quite decent. I'm hoping the AGE Builder can give it more weapons because that small blade and the need gun feels like it's not enough.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-10-24 at 21:45.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote