AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2012-09-17, 12:40   Link #2061
infectus

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
It could have been nothing more than a simple 'Your eyes were scary' , The face keiichi was making at that time probably was pretty scary for them
Well, now that you said it seems true. That is the unique explanation that makes sense to me. thanks guy
infectus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 13:43   Link #2062
Draugur

About the scene in Minagoroshi when the child consultation center asks Satoko on the phone with her uncle behind her: Why don't they just ask them "Are you being abused?" so she only needs to answer "yes" for them to take action and take her into custody? So she wouldn't have to be beaten up by her uncle in the meantime because she asked for help. I know the scene is about showing Satoko's courage, but from the center's point of view it would be more considerate that way.
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 17:35   Link #2063
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Hmmm, that would actually make more sense. I dunno though, the centre is pretty useless, tbh…
Old 2012-10-07, 17:53   Link #2064
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not sure how effecting those where in 1983 Japan.
Old 2012-10-07, 19:59   Link #2065
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Not sure how effecting those where in 1983 Japan.
Considering most child protections services aren't very good today, it doesn't surprise me at all that Keiichi had to raise an army just to get the center to do its job.
Old 2012-10-07, 20:10   Link #2066
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

I'm sure that part of the story is slightly exaggerated, but I'm guessing it's based on Ryukishi07's experiences as a civil servant.
Old 2012-10-08, 06:26   Link #2067
Draugur

Thank you for these answers.

There are two more questions, which I think about for some time now.

- Has there ever been any revelation about the drug addict who claimed he had killed Houjou Tamae? I think the Yamainu set this guy up, but has this ever been confirmed or are there any informations who this guy was and where he came from?

- I think it's strange that Teppei has the same hair colour as Satoko and Satoshi, although they are not really relatives (he's just their stepfather's brother). Maybe it was planned at some stage that they are really uncle, niece and nephew. It's also strange that their real father is never mentioned. It seems there was no contact at all between him and his biological children. Otherwise he would have visited them at least when their mother and stepfather had died. This also makes me think that Houjou who dies at the park was planned to be their real father at some early stage of the story development.
(This is not really a question, rather a subject of speculation)
Old 2012-10-08, 21:42   Link #2068
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draugur View Post
Thank you for these answers.

There are two more questions, which I think about for some time now.

- Has there ever been any revelation about the drug addict who claimed he had killed Houjou Tamae? I think the Yamainu set this guy up, but has this ever been confirmed or are there any informations who this guy was and where he came from?
My impression was that the Sonozakis set him up, to protect Shion.

Specifically, by alibiing Satoshi, she'd made herself an accessory after the fact. If the police did manage to break Satoshi, then Shion would also be likely to go to jail. Whether they thought he was guilty or not, the Sonozakis wanted to stop that investigation.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 09:22   Link #2069
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
My impression was that the Sonozakis set him up, to protect Shion.

Specifically, by alibiing Satoshi, she'd made herself an accessory after the fact. If the police did manage to break Satoshi, then Shion would also be likely to go to jail. Whether they thought he was guilty or not, the Sonozakis wanted to stop that investigation.
Why would Shion go to jail for that. She only faked Satoshi alibi not killed anyone.

I think that the Mountain Hounds did it, to make the police stop searching for Satoshi.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 14:22   Link #2070
rogerpepitone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessory_(legal_term)

In the United States, a person who learns of the crime and gives some form of assistance before the crime is committed is known as an "accessory before the fact". A person who learns of the crime after it is committed and helps the criminal to conceal it, or aids the criminal in escaping, or simply fails to report the crime, is known as an "accessory after the fact". A person who does both is sometimes referred to as an "accessory before and after the fact", but this usage is less common.

This is US law, not Japanese, but I'm sure there are similar terms. Lying to give Satoshi an alibi is absolutely criminal.
Old 2012-10-09, 15:10   Link #2071
maximilianjenus
[E]

It is highly dependant on the country, in some countries members of the family can do so.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 06:47   Link #2072
rogerpepitone

Generally, that's limited to wives, and Shion is not married to Satoshi.
Old 2012-10-10, 08:31   Link #2073
Draugur

Thanks for the interesting thoughts you are bringing up. But nevertheless it seems that the background of this mysterious incident will remain the only unsolved mystery of the "curse".
Old 2012-10-22, 06:52   Link #2074
chaos_alfa

Has Miotsukushi been written by Ryukishi07 or Alchemist and what about the other arcs of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Matsuri?
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 11:32   Link #2075
Draugur

Sorry, I don't know that (I would also like to know) but I've got another question:

The Hinamizawa Syndrome causes paranoia and makes people kill others because they're afraid that otherwise they will get killed themselves.

But in Meakashi-hen
Spoiler for Meakashi:
Old 2012-10-26, 22:00   Link #2076
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Spoiler for answer:
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 11:18   Link #2077
Draugur

Thanks, Gabrielios.

Next question

I wondered for a long time why Rika tells Keiichi not to lose Satoshi's bat, when she sees him carrying it in Onikakushi-hen. Certainly she doesn't want to make sure he really commits the murders. Well, maybe she thinks about the Tsumihoroboshi scenario, so she wants Keiichi to have the bat in the end to defend himself. But: Isn't the Tsumihoroboshi which follows Onikakushi the first scenario like this where Keiichi actually uses the bat in the end?
Old 2012-11-02, 16:42   Link #2078
Seronei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draugur View Post
Thanks, Gabrielios.

Next question

I wondered for a long time why Rika tells Keiichi not to lose Satoshi's bat, when she sees him carrying it in Onikakushi-hen. Certainly she doesn't want to make sure he really commits the murders. Well, maybe she thinks about the Tsumihoroboshi scenario, so she wants Keiichi to have the bat in the end to defend himself. But: Isn't the Tsumihoroboshi which follows Onikakushi the first scenario like this where Keiichi actually uses the bat in the end?
I think that might just be that she doesn't want him to lose something that Satoko is attached to. That's how I perceived it at least.
Seronei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 17:26   Link #2079
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

He also uses that bat a bit thoughout the series. Both to attack and defend his friends.
Old 2012-11-02, 21:29   Link #2080
Golden Bug-Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seronei View Post
I think that might just be that she doesn't want him to lose something that Satoko is attached to. That's how I perceived it at least.
I agree with this interpretation.
Golden Bug-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote