Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-18, 03:39   Link #32881
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post

Swiss fighters grounded during hijacking as outside office hours:

"No Swiss fighter jets were scrambled Monday when an Ethiopian Airlines co-pilot
hijacked his own plane and forced it to land in Geneva, because it happened
outside business hours, the Swiss airforce said."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/swiss-fighters...182241347.html
So this means if someone wants to attack them better do it outside business hours. Awesome.
Old 2014-02-18, 03:40   Link #32882
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Yeah, but the only way they'll get Kim and Co in a court room is if they invade and drag them there kinda like with er.. Kosovo? I can't remember off hand... or Iraq, I guess...
Old 2014-02-18, 04:56   Link #32883
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Yeah, but the only way they'll get Kim and Co in a court room is if they invade and drag them there kinda like with er.. Kosovo? I can't remember off hand... or Iraq, I guess...
Panama. Operation Just Cause against Noriega.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-02-18, 05:00   Link #32884
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
So blast him out with hideously bad K-Pop?
Old 2014-02-18, 05:03   Link #32885
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
So blast him out with hideously bad K-Pop?
Nah, forcing a Snickers bar down his throat should do the trick.
Old 2014-02-18, 05:29   Link #32886
HasuMasu
*Artist

That would have been a good idea if he had a throat.

Joke's on you: single-chins! As expected of the great leader!
Old 2014-02-18, 14:29   Link #32887
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That was quite some story when it happened, especially the siege around the Vatican's embassy.

TBH, I'm all for having a spec ops team flying in and dragging Fat Kim out of the country with a group of stealth Black Hawks.
Old 2014-02-18, 15:53   Link #32888
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
TBH, I'm all for having a spec ops team flying in and dragging Fat Kim out of the country with a group of stealth Black Hawks.
That's not such good idea. The only real thing gained by that would be short term satisfaction and maybe a trial. Such operation isn't likely to help the situation in North Korea (the opposite is more likely), will cause tension with China, maybe even restart the war between the two Korea.

To capture and extract a terrorist is one thing, to do the same thing with a high official of any nation is another.
Old 2014-02-18, 16:26   Link #32889
killer3000ad

19 killed in Kiev protest violence
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Different POV of protestors counter attacking police
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Alt angle of the BTR ramming the barricades.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2014-02-19 at 07:04.
Old 2014-02-18, 16:46   Link #32890
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Really awful stuff in Ukraine. Rioters are occupying Kiev's City Hall according to what I caught on the radio.
Old 2014-02-19, 04:51   Link #32891
killer3000ad

Ukraine is not the only place where protests have now turned violent.
5 dead after Thai police clash with anti-government protesters in Bangkok

There's a video out there of an incident where someone threw a grenade at the Thai riot police. One of them tried to kick it away but it detonated right under him and sent his leg flying.
Old 2014-02-19, 06:57   Link #32892
Tiberium Wolf

Pizza Hut employee relieves himself in a kitchen sink

"Inside of the Pizza Hut in Kermit, West Virginia surveillance cameras captured one of your worst fears coming to life.

"Oh my god, he just peed into the sink," said Tracy Johnson of Mingo County, while she watched the surveillance video.

The video recorded a few weeks ago shows a man walking over to the deep sink and urinating in it. The same sink used to wash kitchen utensils and supplies. The Pizza Hut Corporation has confirmed the man in the video is a Pizza Hut District Manager.

Text source: 13news"

/ME Puke!
Old 2014-02-19, 06:59   Link #32893
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Ukraine is not the only place where protests have now turned violent.
5 dead after Thai police clash with anti-government protesters in Bangkok

There's a video out there of an incident where someone threw a grenade at the Thai riot police. One of them tried to kick it away but it detonated right under him and sent his leg flying.
There is also a video where a bullet goes through man's head with him heavily bleeding after that and dying. Frightening.
The war is everywhere
Old 2014-02-19, 07:19   Link #32894
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
There is also a video where a bullet goes through man's head with him heavily bleeding after that and dying. Frightening.
The war is everywhere
Think I saw that one, part of his face was hanging off in strips as I recall.
Old 2014-02-19, 11:20   Link #32895
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Pizza Hut employee relieves himself in a kitchen sink

"Inside of the Pizza Hut in Kermit, West Virginia surveillance cameras captured one of your worst fears coming to life.

"Oh my god, he just peed into the sink," said Tracy Johnson of Mingo County, while she watched the surveillance video.

The video recorded a few weeks ago shows a man walking over to the deep sink and urinating in it. The same sink used to wash kitchen utensils and supplies. The Pizza Hut Corporation has confirmed the man in the video is a Pizza Hut District Manager.

Text source: 13news"

/ME Puke!
A very stupid thing to do but to me the surprising part is than the guy isn't a low-level staff but a high-level one. At his level, he should had know than what he was doing was wrong and there could have a camera watching him.
Old 2014-02-19, 11:46   Link #32896
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

For what it's worth, the New York Times Editorial Board delivered a slap-down to Prime Minister Abe for his efforts to alter Japan's military posture without amending the Constitution: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/20/op...d-the-law.html

Quote:
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan is getting dangerously close to altering a cornerstone of the national Constitution through his own reinterpretation rather than by formal amendment.

Mr. Abe wants to pass a law allowing the Japanese military to act offensively and in coordination with allies outside Japanese territory, even though it is accepted that the Constitution allows only a defensive role on Japanese territory. He has moved aggressively to bolster the military after years of cuts. And, like other nationalists, he rejects the pacifism exemplified by an article in the Constitution.

[...]

He could, of course, move to amend the Constitution. That he finds the process too cumbersome or unpopular is no reason for him to defy the rule of law.

If Mr. Abe were to persist in forcing his view on the nation, the Supreme Court, which has long abstained from taking a position on the Constitution’s pacifist clause, should reject his interpretation and make clear that no leader can rewrite the Constitution by personal will.
Old 2014-02-19, 13:01   Link #32897
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
China's Foreign Ministry has criticized remarks by a board member of Japan's state broadcaster who said a massacre carried out by Japanese troops in China's then-capital of Nanjing in 1937 did not happen.
China consistently reminds people of Japan's historical brutality, such as the Nanjing Massacre in which China says Japanese troops killed 300,000 people.
A post-war Allied tribunal put the death toll at 142,000, but some conservative Japanese politicians and scholars deny a massacre took place.
Naoki Hyakuta, a member of NHK's board of governors who is also a novelist and commentator, was quoted by Japanese media this week as saying the Nanjing Massacre did not happen.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A1505Q20140206

Quote:

Documents related to the Nanjing Massacre are being submitted for inclusion on a Unesco list by authorities in the Chinese city, state media reported on Thursday, after uproar over a Japanese bid to include suicide pilots’ farewell letters.
According to the Shanghai-based Oriental Morning Post, it is the third time that Nanjing has submitted the documents for inclusion in the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (Unesco)’s Memory of the World Register, which also includes such items as the diary of Anne Frank and Britain’s Magna Carta.
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/artic...acre-documents

Quote:

Another NHK official said last month that the practice of forcibly drafting women into military brothels during second world war was “common in any country at war”.

more news form East Asia completely ignore by the US media.
Old 2014-02-19, 13:13   Link #32898
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
more news form East Asia completely ignore by the US media.
What sort of harebrained CCP stooge hijacked your account?

The first article you linked discussing China's criticism of yet another retarded Japanese right wing nationalist comment is Reuters.

I do recall reading some sources a while back that criticized bureaucratic suppression of independent left-wing journalistic voices -- and promotion of the right wing filth -- in the NHK bureaucracy. Business as usual for the foot-in-mouth LDP diplomatic incompetence.
Old 2014-02-19, 13:15   Link #32899
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
What sort of harebrained CCP stooge hijacked your account?

The first article you linked discussing China's criticism of yet another retarded Japanese right wing nationalist comment is Reuters.

I do recall reading some sources a while back that criticized bureaucratic suppression of independent left-wing journalistic voices -- and promotion of the right wing filth -- in the NHK bureaucracy. Business as usual for the foot-in-mouth LDP international incompetence.
none,

i don't see any of the major papers reporting on any of this.
Old 2014-02-19, 13:17   Link #32900
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
none,

i don't see any of the major papers reporting on any of this.
YOU linked to Reuters. Reuters is a major, major Western global news source. All sorts of Western media outlets "source" their stuff from there.

The West is reporting on it.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international