AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-07-14, 20:12   Link #1641
ellifeedn
Thinker

Does a person's genetics affect personal realities/psychic powers in this universe?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 20:37   Link #1642
Rovert10

Yes it does.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 20:38   Link #1643
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Does a person's genetics affect personal realities/psychic powers in this universe?
To an extent. The clones of Misaka all have her powers so we know that they affect what kind of power they get.
Old 2013-07-14, 21:18   Link #1644
ellifeedn
Thinker

And the Parameter List is based on genetics?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 23:05   Link #1645
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

So I have a theory for what's going on It's kind of weird, but here it is. It's all spoilered of course. This is my theory for what is behind AC. It best goes here.

Spoiler for Basically up through NT 7:

Last edited by dniv; 2013-07-14 at 23:37.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 01:59   Link #1646
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Espers Curriculum modifies people genes too, it was mentioned in LN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN 3
There were no espers who could defeat something like that. In fact, it would just be a lot
easier to buy a handgun rather than controlling the brain and altering the arrangement
of genes in order to create a power that could fight against a gun
I think that the genes give a certain RANGE of abilities and the personality choses a single ability from that range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
So I have a theory for what's going on It's kind of weird, but here it is. It's all spoilered of course. This is my theory for what is behind AC. It best goes here.

Spoiler for Basically up through NT 7:
I liked the idea that Aleister plans to steal Accelerator's powers with Rikou.
That really sounds like him, to let others do the work and he takes the "finished product".

Also the idea that the Imaginary inhabitants will replace the real ones is interesting.
We know that he wants to alter reality with IB, as in, his "ideal" world will become the reality.
The Imaginary inhabitants should be something like the ideal "would be selfs" that the real people want to become.
If Aleister really acquires his ideal world then these ideal beings might really replace the real ones.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 08:00   Link #1647
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Still going with this weird idea of the anti-imagine breaker.

So now this right hand that would be the anti-thesis of imagine breaker has the ability to assimilate Original Grimoires.

Yeah, funky I know but lemme try to get in some lore about it.

Imagine Breaker is the right arm that returns the world to the way it should be. It is the ultimate reference point and therefore the absolute truth in the world. It removes impurities to reality and reforms them by undoing/negating distortions like ESPer abilities, magic and even divine powers.

However there is Fiamma's arm, the Holy Right. This right arm is special as it is the arm that will save the world. It is the right arm that has the capacity to remove evil and the unclean by purging what is deemed as an "enemy". A divine absolute order.

This is where my version of the anti-imagine breaker comes in.

Imagine Breaker is the ultimate truth and Holy Right can be considered the truth of a higher order. This arm as opposed to those two represents the ultimate lie. The source of the world's schisms, misunderstandings and assumptions. A lie that has the possibility to overturn the truth.

It's origin is magic and magic is its origin. So to speak that if the world is a system and the gods of every religion made it perfect, why are there still imperfections? Suffering, ill-intent, temptations and sin. Is it because of devils and evil spirits? That is most likely. But when a system is perfect, it means that these devils had to tamper with the system. This initial tampering would be seen by Christians as the original sin. However that is not the case. It is something more intrinsic.

For example, why does magic exist? Magic is the product of distortions of the world, an exploit in the system which is supposedly perfect. If God or the gods of any other religion passed down magic, why are their so many gods and faiths? Why do they exist separately and yet come together collectively refer to themselves as the "magic side"?

This collective body of "magic" has one source. And that one source where all distortions originate can be called the "fault" of the world. A crack or bug within this perfect system. That is the identity of this third arm which I would make as the antithesis to Touma's imagine breaker.

It's abilities as I've said before are similar to an Original Grimoire. It has its own defensive mechanisms and will lash out against those that try to destroy it. Unlike other grimoires, it has no set knowledge. It's true function is to assimilate other grimoires or at least obtain a perfect copy of them. Unlike the Index Prohibitorum Librarium, this right arm does not only act as a storage for the grimoires, it also causes the knowledge within each grimoire absorbed to coalesce with other grimoires already consumed to form new Original Grimoires. This makes it not only an eternal record, but an ever evolving one as well.

A side effect of its true function is that it "consumes" space, as if it is taking a bite out of reality everytime it is trying to assimilate a grimoire. So anything within that space effectively disappears as if a monstrous creature with a spherical jaw just took a scooping bite out of it.

The owner of the arm cannot "use" the assimilated grimoires per se. But instead he takes advantage of their defense systems. Once assimilated the grimoires will go on a rampage. Mostly by activating the magics recorded within them to destructive effect. This arm can direct those released attack from the rampaging grimoires to others.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 23:06   Link #1648
hamazura
whatever

still dont understand what is 'awakening'
its very similiar to super saiyan when it trigerred by anger.
Does its mean evolution from human > angel?
like aizen transform into condom and butterfly mode which trascend human and shinigami? -_-

and why kakine rank not have rank up to #1? he mastered his ability, immortal, super useful for academy city, and have the same wing with accel.
or its because he doesnt have his own loli?
Old 2013-07-22, 07:44   Link #1649
Miraluka
Banned

^
Because he still suck against Rensa.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 12:11   Link #1650
tsunade666

-_- Kakine is actually a challenge against Accelerator but when the black wings and white wings are put into equation its just cheating battle.

wilfri avatar is pretty distracting.
Old 2013-08-05, 02:57   Link #1651
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

some interesting food for thought

kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 08:40   Link #1652
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
still dont understand what is 'awakening'
its very similiar to super saiyan when it trigerred by anger.
Does its mean evolution from human > angel?
like aizen transform into condom and butterfly mode which trascend human and shinigami? -_-

and why kakine rank not have rank up to #1? he mastered his ability, immortal, super useful for academy city, and have the same wing with accel.
or its because he doesnt have his own loli?
Awakening (keep in mind that it is a fandom term) isn't trigggered by anger. From what little we know the two espers to have one, Accelerator and Kakine, had a big realization and began to truly understand their own powers. Something like mental maturity if you want to call it that. It seems to be part of the path to becoming a Level 6 if we understand it as them becoming esper angels (and seeing Level 6 as esper god)

The Level 5 ranks have nothing to do with strength (remember Mikoto vs Mugino), they are related to how much worth are their abilities to research. Accelerator's ability has more worth to Academy City than Dark Matter, that's all
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 18:40   Link #1653
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Awakening (keep in mind that it is a fandom term) isn't trigggered by anger. From what little we know the two espers to have one, Accelerator and Kakine, had a big realization and began to truly understand their own powers. Something like mental maturity if you want to call it that. It seems to be part of the path to becoming a Level 6 if we understand it as them becoming esper angels (and seeing Level 6 as esper god)

The Level 5 ranks have nothing to do with strength (remember Mikoto vs Mugino), they are related to how much worth are their abilities to research. Accelerator's ability has more worth to Academy City than Dark Matter, that's all
Yeah, apparently, I read somewhere that if the Level 5s were ranked according to strenght, Gunha would be #3
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 19:03   Link #1654
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Yeah, apparently, I read somewhere that if the Level 5s were ranked according to strenght, Gunha would be #3
I tried to say this in a manga forum and waves of Mikoto fans came arguing why she is still stronger than Gunha. Personally, I think if Gunha fought seriously he could beat Kakine.
Old 2013-08-07, 19:39   Link #1655
Gray Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoggamer View Post
I tried to say this in a manga forum and waves of Mikoto fans came arguing why she is still stronger than Gunha. Personally, I think if Gunha fought seriously he could beat Kakine.
According to Ollerus, if Gunha actually understood how to use his abilities he might be able to beat him (Ollerus I mean). Though that might just be Ollerus's way of referring to an Esper's awakening. Still, current Gunha probably couldn't beat Kakine when his body is made entirely out of dark matter, no matter how hard he tries. Once he figures out his own abilities he probably can though.

I'd say Current Gunha and Mikoto are fairly even though. At least, both of them in that fight thought the other might be able to beat them if they went all out.
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 19:59   Link #1656
Marina2

How can we use science to explain a power that allow your body (or object) to go through a wall?

It is one of common ESP power in this kind of story but I can't think off an sciencetific explanation for it.

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-08-07 at 20:08. Reason: Change my post a bit
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 20:06   Link #1657
Gray Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Can we use science to explain a power that allow your body (or object) to go through a wall?

I'm wondering that can an esper has a power like that.
Hm. Some variation of teleportation might work. Teleportation espers teleport by moving into the 11th dimension then back into the third dimension somewhere else. Maybe a phasing esper can move any part of their body that touches an object into another dimension?

(This makes no sense with any kind of physics, but Espers specifically break the laws of physics as part of their powers anyways)
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 20:10   Link #1658
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Great... now I'm imagining that Gunha is actually the incarnated opposite of IB with the power to "negate" rules of reality and common sense. What's more he's ranked 7th in usefulness because Aleister would not want someone able to warp reality like that. But still designated as level 5 because the ability is too rowdy not to be recognized.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 01:44   Link #1659
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
How can we use science to explain a power that allow your body (or object) to go through a wall?

It is one of common ESP power in this kind of story but I can't think off an sciencetific explanation for it.
Just use the explanation fo Kitty Pryde's (X-Men) powers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phasing
the ability to pass through solid matter and objects by passing [one's] atoms through the spaces between the atoms of the object through which [they] are moving. In this way, [the esper] and the object through which [they] are passing can temporarily merge without interacting, and each are unharmed when [the esper] finishes passing through the object.
Or even how Flash does it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phasing
vibrate their molecules so quickly that they can achieve intangibility for short bursts allowing them to phase through objects.
Of course you could always wave it off as an effect of ''quantum tunneling'', but hey, where's the fun in that?
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 17:08   Link #1660
versionf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Servant View Post
I'd say Current Gunha and Mikoto are fairly even though. At least, both of them in that fight thought the other might be able to beat them if they went all out.
Eh, there's definitely an obvious gap between them. Gunha was only defending and Mikoto threw everything she had on him. Even in the end when he said she could defeat him, it was still referring to that fight when he was only taking hits.
versionf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard science