AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-01-11, 23:30   Link #4821
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco from Hell View Post
fine im ronge on this post
I beg your pardon? "ronge" what?
And btw, you might wanna edit your post, double posting is against the simple rules.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 01:13   Link #4822
azul120

The ending scene with happy CC was cute.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 17:54   Link #4823
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
The ending scene with happy CC was cute.
In a way, yes she doesn't feel like being alone anymore. But I am not sure she will still think that after another 600 years
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 21:50   Link #4824
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
In a way, yes she doesn't feel like being alone anymore. But I am not sure she will still think that after another 600 years
haha that's a terrible way to put it...

Btw, can someone answer this about episode 25...i can't remember it well (because i don't have it anymore, lent it to a friend), i remember C.C. saying something to Kaguya right before lulu fires the F.L.E.I.A. (sp?), something like she's a kind woman or something? Why was that again? What did kaguya say to c.c. that made her say that?

thanks
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 05:30   Link #4825
Levy
differently sober

From my subs (english, Eclipse) is:

Kaguya: "the treacherous knight, Kururugi Suzaku, has been defeated. Won't you plead for your life? For his sake."
CC: "Kaguya, you didn't know of Lelouch's face untill recently"
Kaguya:"And what of that?"
CC: "Yet you were able to understand one part of his true nature. You are such a gentle person."

Kaguya looked suprise and then lelouch fired the bomb
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 09:59   Link #4826
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
haha that's a terrible way to put it...
Well, it's the same as what lelouch accomplished by bringing up peace. Now the world is at peace, but it will not last forever.
Old 2009-01-14, 12:42   Link #4827
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
From my subs (english, Eclipse) is:

Kaguya: "the treacherous knight, Kururugi Suzaku, has been defeated. Won't you plead for your life? For his sake."
CC: "Kaguya, you didn't know of Lelouch's face untill recently"
Kaguya:"And what of that?"
CC: "Yet you were able to understand one part of his true nature. You are such a gentle person."

Kaguya looked suprise and then lelouch fired the bomb
Thanks, i appreciate it...that's what it was.

Quote:
Well, it's the same as what lelouch accomplished by bringing up peace. Now the world is at peace, but it will not last forever.
Yeah...i mean, i honestly think it woudl've been better if he faked his death. Given his unbelievable skills (basically he's rpetty much good at everything, except for fighting/girls), if anything did arise anytime soon(?), he'd at least be able to help out...It's a shame that someone of his caliber had to "die" for this "utopia" of his that really won't stay that way for too long.
Old 2009-01-14, 21:59   Link #4828
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Yeah...i mean, i honestly think it woudl've been better if he faked his death. Given his unbelievable skills (basically he's rpetty much good at everything, except for fighting/girls), if anything did arise anytime soon(?), he'd at least be able to help out...It's a shame that someone of his caliber had to "die" for this "utopia" of his that really won't stay that way for too long.
What was really a shame is that he was the perfect housewife. It's a shame a man with those skills had to die

Well, if you go that way, it would have been better for him to become immortal and watch over the world. But the man just tried to create peace and atone for his sins. Now if the peace doesn't last long, I don't see who will be able to resolve the problem. I guess he was counting on Schneizel. Because the other people are not really smart, even suzaku (I am a suzaku fan but still)
Old 2009-01-14, 22:38   Link #4829
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:

Yeah...i mean, i honestly think it woudl've been better if he faked his death.
Hmm, well, i think that Lelouch thought he did not deserve to be in the new-world as well. His way to atone for his sins had to include this.
Of course he could have faked it but he chose not to. And you ask me, good choice.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 22:42   Link #4830
Charred Knight

Quote:
Thanks, i appreciate it...that's what it was.

I think Okouchi wanted to show that what Lelouch started the rest will finish.

To bad Okouchi wrote the rest as incompetent morons

Okouchi was between a rock and a hard place

Lelouch dies but is redeemed in death, but prevents him from helping out later

Lelouch fakes his death but may be redeemed at a later date (which is pretty hard to show)

The problem is more that he never showed the others as competent leaders, and expects us just to take his word for it. Code Geass is as bad as Gundam Seed Destiny when it came to informed ability. Where supposed to see Ougi as a competent leader just like how where supposed to see Lunamaria as a competent pilot, no one is buying either.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 22:56   Link #4831
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
What was really a shame is that he was the perfect housewife. It's a shame a man with those skills had to die

Well, if you go that way, it would have been better for him to become immortal and watch over the world. But the man just tried to create peace and atone for his sins. Now if the peace doesn't last long, I don't see who will be able to resolve the problem. I guess he was counting on Schneizel. Because the other people are not really smart, even suzaku (I am a suzaku fan but still)
haha housewife...i never did quite like suzaku after this season started...felt a bit more for him near the end...but i still really disliked him for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Hmm, well, i think that Lelouch thought he did not deserve to be in the new-world as well. His way to atone for his sins had to include this.
Of course he could have faked it but he chose not to. And you ask me, good choice.
He can still live in teh "villages"...you know just roam around and stuff (like wolf and spice - would be cool), and if anything bad happens, come back to save things (that would be the ultimate sacrifice i think, though he would have C.C. which would be nice)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I think Okouchi wanted to show that what Lelouch started the rest will finish.

To bad Okouchi wrote the rest as incompetent morons

Okouchi was between a rock and a hard place

Lelouch dies but is redeemed in death, but prevents him from helping out later

Lelouch fakes his death but may be redeemed at a later date (which is pretty hard to show)

The problem is more that he never showed the others as competent leaders, and expects us just to take his word for it. Code Geass is as bad as Gundam Seed Destiny when it came to informed ability. Where supposed to see Ougi as a competent leader just like how where supposed to see Lunamaria as a competent pilot, no one is buying either.
yeah, i just can't see the others being "ready" for anything bad happening...there's some good people like kagura(sp?), and nunally should be pretty decent
Old 2009-01-14, 23:56   Link #4832
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
P.T. Barnum once said "There's sucker born every minute".

Me, I think there's a crazy S.O.B. born every hour.

Should the world need it, I'm sure another "Lelouch" will come along.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 00:06   Link #4833
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post

A sequel would be interesting enough if only for the idea that another Lelouch could come along. Let's face it the stars aligned for Lelouch in a number of instances. To see how someone could attempt to do what Lelouch did or something similar without Lelouch's specific geass power would be very interesting.

And also to see the regulars reaction to this new person. Such as an older Suzaku, C.C etc etc

A Code Geass sequel is not necessarily a bad thing.
Old 2009-01-15, 04:33   Link #4834
Charred Knight

Quote:

Actually David Hannum said that about a P.T Barnum exhibit it was credited to Barnum to discredit him.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 04:59   Link #4835
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Actually David Hannum said that about a P.T Barnum exhibit it was credited to Barnum to discredit him.
Well, you learn something new everyday
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 10:11   Link #4836
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
A sequel would be interesting enough if only for the idea that another Lelouch could come along. Let's face it the stars aligned for Lelouch in a number of instances. To see how someone could attempt to do what Lelouch did or something similar without Lelouch's specific geass power would be very interesting.

And also to see the regulars reaction to this new person. Such as an older Suzaku, C.C etc etc

A Code Geass sequel is not necessarily a bad thing.
probably be really hard to pull off another character as interesting as lulu w/o ruining the story...too much of a risk on their part imo...

edit:
I guess it comes down to two things...if it's to make money, then there probably will be a 3rd season...but if it's about his "masterpiece"/pride, i dont think its worth making one...unless he has a REALLY good idea
Old 2009-01-15, 12:07   Link #4837
eaglei3

You know, I personally wouldn't want another character to have the same personality as Lelouch.

1) It wouldn't make Lelouch seem as impressive.
2) It would feel like we were 'cheated' in that they kill of Lelouch to bring in someone else that acts like him since they know it worked with Lelouch.
3) Lelouch had certain circumstances in the show between family, friends, school, Zero, etc. that made his personality work for him, so I don't see someone else easily fitting that persona.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 12:54   Link #4838
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
You know, I personally wouldn't want another character to have the same personality as Lelouch.

1) It wouldn't make Lelouch seem as impressive.
2) It would feel like we were 'cheated' in that they kill of Lelouch to bring in someone else that acts like him since they know it worked with Lelouch.
3) Lelouch had certain circumstances in the show between family, friends, school, Zero, etc. that made his personality work for him, so I don't see someone else easily fitting that persona.
only thing i could imagine is an "afterstory" with nunally + suzaku, kaguya and villetta (if she's still willing to serve), and perhaps even get orange-kun with the pink hair girl back...
Old 2009-01-15, 12:58   Link #4839
Levy
differently sober

^ is it possible that you wrote Villetta having Sayoko in mind?
because otherwise I fail to understand what you meant.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 14:54   Link #4840
azul120

Quote:

Lelouch wasn't born crazy so much as he was made crazy.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote