AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 31 11.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 3.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 5.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 5.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 5.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 3.97%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 3.25%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 13 4.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 151 54.51%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-30, 22:23   Link #241
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahreally View Post
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Having worked under some messed up management before, I can easily believe that stupidity combined with vast amounts of hubris led the production committee in charge of Haruhi to think that this was a good idea. I just hope they end it next episode and aren't thinking they can actually make 12 episodes of this tripe.
The only other logical explanation is that the management of KyoAni and Kadokawa have been taken over by time-travelling Papal ninjas, determined to scrub the heresy that is the Church of Haruhiism from the face of the cosmos, and have decided to do so in Haruhiism's vulnerable infancy.

That, or the Japanese have created an environmentally friendly power source fueled by the NERD RAGE of anguished Haruhi fans.
Old 2009-07-30, 22:26   Link #242
kirameki no kajin
Coptic Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
The management of KyoAni and Kadokawa have been taken over by time-travelling Papal ninjas, determined to scrub the heresy that is the Church of Haruhiism from the face of the cosmos, and have decided to do so in Haruhiism's vulnerable infancy.
I vote this reasoning.
Old 2009-07-30, 22:31   Link #243
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Forgot to tell my vote... This episode gets a 1/10 and this episode is a complete waste of a good episode and is a trainwreck like the other Endless Eight episodes... Endless Eight should of ended a long time ago...

Hope Endless Eight finally ends next week or we in for more HARUHI RAGE.
Old 2009-07-30, 22:33   Link #244
Dr. Casey

Alright, done watching the episode.

- It's not surprising that Kyon doesn't care about the game very much. I wouldn't either if my TV's picture quality was so bad that it's just a glowing white screen.

- Kyon's growling and yelling from 13:37 through 13:40 is the funniest thing in Haruhi. Seriously, Kyon, what the fuck.

- Yuki's expression from 18:55 through 18:58 is interesting. That might be the most deathly we've seen her yet, and she almost looks as though her feelings are hurt whenever Kyon raises a hand and tells her to STFU.

- The art and locations once again seem a bit more varied this time around than they were from Endless Eight 2-5, but unlike EE6, this version changed up the dialogue to a decent extent as well.

- The opening scene and cafe segment make Endless Eight 4 look downright cheerful in comparison, and Kyon's deja vu spells are suddenly much stronger and more common than ever before (He cites a whole two lines of dialogue along with Haruhi word-for-word at the swimming pool). This is the sort of thing I enjoy about the arc, and my main failing with Endless Eight as a whole - the emotional progression is unclear and inconsistent. One episode Yuki seems horribly depressed, the next she's relatively normal. One episode Kyon is tired, the next he's a lot more fresh. One episode the mood is somber and dark, the next it's light and normal. If the whole story was a slow descent into madness with Kyon becoming more tired and increasingly deja vu prone, Yuki more depressed, the mood more grim, and things more twisted in general, I'd be having a lot of fun with these episodes. As it is, though, it's just vague signs of progression generally followed by a return to normalcy with the next episode.

That's logical, I guess, since everyone's memories are reset, and people do have temporary rebounds and aren't at constant emotional lows (In regards to Yuki being more content in 5 and 6 than she was in 4), but it's just kind of stale for me without the drama. Endless Eight isn't over yet, though, and there were some interesting things to happen in this one, so maybe Endless Eight 8 will be a worthwhile episode (Or, God forbid, 9-12).
Old 2009-07-30, 22:34   Link #245
Rakshasa

Rage nerds, Rage!

I'm impressed how it makes me _feel_, even if just to a small degree, what they must feel as they go through the loop again and again.
Old 2009-07-30, 22:41   Link #246
resoLv777
watch?v=HY0PtgOwt6g

Haha, looks like my prediction was correct:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy2b0RHArCg
=.=;
Old 2009-07-30, 22:43   Link #247
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Alright, done watching the episode.
- Kyon's growling and yelling from 13:37 through 13:40 is the funniest thing in Haruhi. Seriously, Kyon, what the fuck.
Yeah, I lol'd hard at that part. Not what I expected to happen.
Old 2009-07-30, 22:46   Link #248
dnab
anime berkeley

Going back a few pages (this thread grows fast) it might actually NOT be a bad financial idea to buy these limited edition E8 DVD's, especially at the low point of the series' popularity. It has nothing to do with liking E8 loops or not, but believing in the fundamental entertainment value of the franchise in the long haul. Sure they will reprint these "limited" disks, sure Kadokawa deserves to suffer, and sure there will be plenty of hires subs floating a infinitum. But if this is purely about speculating a possible collectable item (like baseball cards) of a highly desirable (not right not, but in the long haul) franchise, buy it while they're cheap.

If you're buying, make sure you say how much you hate this thing in public, and buy it secretly. Less buyers now means more profits in the future.
Old 2009-07-30, 22:51   Link #249
RAD_ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Forgot to tell my vote... This episode gets a 1/10 and this episode is a complete waste of a good episode and is a trainwreck like the other Endless Eight episodes... Endless Eight should of ended a long time ago...

Hope Endless Eight finally ends next week or we in for more HARUHI RAGE.
It wont end next week it will just be another loop.
Old 2009-07-30, 22:51   Link #250
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I'm somewhat dubious over any potential collectors value...
Old 2009-07-30, 22:53   Link #251
resoLv777
watch?v=HY0PtgOwt6g

At this point, all I'm debating is whether the next episode will be a loop or a loop + resolution.
I understand the idea of long-term collectors value though, as it's kind of like the idea of the notoriety of the scandal that adds to its value.
Old 2009-07-30, 23:00   Link #252
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

My bet is that this won't end until late August.

That is if I believed these loops WERE going to end.
Old 2009-07-30, 23:04   Link #253
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Send a message via AIM to Kyanme Send a message via MSN to Kyanme
Itsuki's watch is now my favorite character in this series. I mean, damn, look at that thing sparkle. Edward Cullen, eat your heart out. ...It is a nice watch though, lol.

As a standalone episode, this one wasn't particularly bad... There were a few amusing things here and there, and the voice acting was a little better than last episode's. Although I think Ono overacted during the "AI LAAB U" scene. The problem is this isn't a standalone episode, though, and this is the seventh time we've seen this episode with little variation.

I did enjoy Kyon's random... angry... noises. And his hand on his butt while sleeping, LMFAO WAT. Kyon loves Kyon very much, indeed. The tsundere bit was cute as well. "... 'I love you'-- No way in Hell I'd do that!" I loved Itsuki cheerfully missing the baseball at the batting cages, too, reminded me of the first run's baseball episode. Heck, I think the pose was the same, too.

And of course the ENDLESS shop. Niiiiiac.

Eeeh. Another five from me, overall. The amusing new material just isn't enough to keep me entertained.

Also, how many directors does KyoAni have? I remember a theory that each director would have their own spin on Endless Eight-- so perhaps that might be a clue as to when these episodes will stop polluting the series. 8U

I WILL LAUGH FOREVER IF IT'S EIGHT.

tumblr | i don't have any other links to post here, whoops
Old 2009-07-30, 23:07   Link #254
atividia

I have to be honest. I think this is the first time I've seen so many 1/10s for so many episodes of a series with a dedicated forum back to back.

Pathetic, really.
Old 2009-07-30, 23:12   Link #255
FateAnomaly

Doesn't really matter much now. Those who mind the endless loop have probably given up by now and those who don't probably won't mind even if you just keep given them the same thing for the rest if the season.

At least something good came out of this. I was thinking of buying the LE for season 2 like i did for season 1. With this pointless eight, i could just save up my money now.
Old 2009-07-30, 23:42   Link #256
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoned Away View Post
Endless Eight summarized in one video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXHvOge4WvI

Spoiler for ???:

Whoever can watch all 10 minutes of it gets a cookie.
That is the BEST thing to come from all these loops, Kyon kun, Denwa~
Old 2009-07-30, 23:45   Link #257
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Perhaps a Yuki-driven zen-like trance might be best for viewers. Clear your mind and notice the details as you repeat the ritual.....

... or go get a beer and watch something happy/fluffy like Kanamemo.
Old 2009-07-30, 23:51   Link #258
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
My bet is that this won't end until late August.

That is if I believed these loops WERE going to end.
It's gonna end, based on these statements:

1. Fact: This season is a "rerun" first and foremost, so they would have to show the four remaining old episodes eventually (Adventures of Asahina Mikuru Ep 00, Live a Live, Day of Sagittarius, Someday in the Rain).

2. Fact: Though contestable, it was leaked before the airing of BLR that Kadokawa reserved a timeslot for 28 episodes on all the stations currently airing the "rerun".
2.1. We are now on episode 18 of the aforementioned "rerun".

So, we [theoretically] have 10 more episodes left in this "rerun". Subtract 4 from that and we are left with 6 more episodes of supposedly "new content" -- either 6 more E8s, a combination of E8s and Sighs, or a combination of E8 and Sighs + anime-original content.

Personally, I'm going for 4 more E8s, literally stretching it to the end of August. Then they'd have a special broadcast of the loop resolution on the station that airs it on the 31st (if there's any, correct me if I'm wrong).
Old 2009-07-30, 23:55   Link #259
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Is this the 6th repeat? I've lost count...

Because I had a kinda premonition when I saw the date at the start of this episode. The 8th of August, which is two more weeks away and would make that weeks episode the 8th. Which fits really nicely with the conspiracy that it's going to last 8 episodes. So Next week he'll work out whats wrong or the sense of deja vu will be crazy strong and he'll be able to fix it the week after or something.

Quality wise the episode is good, and if i hadn't seen this 6 times already I'd have been impressed. But, it's just frustrating now, hence the abysmally low score. Which is disappointing.
Old 2009-07-31, 00:06   Link #260
rook_

Quote:
Originally Posted by resoLv777 View Post
Haha, looks like my prediction was correct:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy2b0RHArCg
=.=;
Good stuff
Closed Thread