AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kashimashi Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 11 15.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 28.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 23.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 20.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.74%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 4.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.37%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.74%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-31, 18:35   Link #21
Guppy

My first thought on seeing the last two scenes was "Huh?"

Then as the credits rolled, "Oh, my god... they're going to milk this for all it's worth, aren't they?"

I'd honestly have to say I'm a little disappointed, though. Considering that the Kashimashi anime has consistently matched and exceeded the manga throughout, this ending feels flat.

If ever a love-triangle series seemed made for a permanent "all-in" finale, Kashimashi was it. Hazumu loved both Tomari and Yasuna, but they occupied very different places in her heart. Tomari and Yasuna showed that they could be good friends who put Hazumu's happiness first - and since they were going to be stuck with a nontraditional relationship either way, why not go the extra mile? But now that the anime has chosen to go down the path it has, even if they recant in the extra episode Tomari seems likely to end up as second-best, an omake for the fans - an ending I don't think she really deserves.

Having said that, I'll still be waiting for the extra episode as anxiously as anyone. The anime surpassed my expectations for most of its run - hopefully it can do so one last time.
Old 2006-03-31, 22:50   Link #22
Benio

Just checked on the official website. The 13th episode will be on DVD vol. 7. That's like half a year to go!

I was rooting for Yasuna so ignoring the ambiguity of the "ano ne" scenes, the ending was good. I liked Tomari too but I couldn't help feeling sorry for Yasuna. And I must say I've become a fan of Horie Yui after watching this series. All the seiyuus were great but Horie Yui really made the Yasuna character so likeable (to me). Lots of depth, lots of emotions--wonderful job.
Old 2006-04-01, 15:34   Link #23
Haruka Tenoh
Bardiche Assault..Set Up!

about the "ano ne" thing... It was under the tree where hazumu was rejected... so... maybe Yasuna was going to declare her love sas hazumu did at first... and the river thing... ehm... I'm confused about the ending... little depressed after watching all of that... sigh sigh sigh
Old 2006-04-01, 17:01   Link #24
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Okay, I've seen the raw now, and... well, that was interesting. And odd. Most of the episode had the feel of, "Hazumu and Tomari spend one last day together before Hazumu marches off to her doom." And yet, when Hazumu found Yasuna, she certainly wasn't acting like it was her doom. And afterwards, Tomari is acting more-or-less normally around Hazumu and Yasuna, not weird like she was after she'd caught them kissing.

Can anybody shed some light on Sora's speech as his spaceship leaves?
Old 2006-04-01, 21:39   Link #25
Benio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruka Tenoh
about the "ano ne" thing... It was under the tree where hazumu was rejected... so... maybe Yasuna was going to declare her love sas hazumu did at first... and the river thing... ehm... I'm confused about the ending... little depressed after watching all of that... sigh sigh sigh
After letting go of Hazumu's hand, Yasuna said ano ne and then smiled. So what she was about to say must be something good. As for Hazumu's ano ne scene, they were wearing winter uniform as can be seen from the long sleeves. So time must have passed quite a bit after her scene with Yasuna.
Old 2006-04-02, 02:13   Link #26
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm thinking there's still a chance for a threesome ... but it is a long time to wait and see --- we'll probably have a much better clue of what the manga offers by then.

"ano ne" ...
Old 2006-04-07, 04:26   Link #27
ranchan13

Personally, I'm happy that Hazumu and Yasuna are the choice ending. The two have more in common then Hazumu and Tomari. In fact, from the beginning, Yasuna was able to accept Hazumu's change almost immediately while Tomari took a while to adjust her feelings.

Tomari is not the match for Hazumi, she was never meant to be anything more then a rival to push along the relationship with Yasuna.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2006-04-07, 07:23   Link #28
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

*is still fanatical about T/H/Y* (Tozuna? Yazuri?)
Fanfics ahoy!
Old 2006-04-07, 15:44   Link #29
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13
Personally, I'm happy that Hazumu and Yasuna are the choice ending. The two have more in common then Hazumu and Tomari. In fact, from the beginning, Yasuna was able to accept Hazumu's change almost immediately while Tomari took a while to adjust her feelings.

Tomari is not the match for Hazumi, she was never meant to be anything more then a rival to push along the relationship with Yasuna.
As much as I love Tomari/Ayuki - I can't agree.

People who fall in love with each other don't always have many things in common. A relationship between two (very) different persons can even be much more peaceful.
Yasuna actually was "happy" that Hazumu became a girl, because she thought the risk he/she would disappear from her sight was completely gone. That was the reason she rejected boy-Hazumu in the first place.
Tomari had many memories of her childhood times with Hazumu. When she thought of Hazumu she always had a picture of the little "crybaby" that needed to be protected from her. In that situation it's IMO harder to accept the change.
And since when isn't it normal when you have the need to adjust your feelings first? This isn't about.. uh, a cookie after all (sorry, my mind couldn't bring up anything meaningful. I meant it like "Woot, you! That's MY cookie!" "Nah, mine!").

Why do people underestimate Tomari's feelings towards Hazumu that much?
It isn't fair..
Old 2006-04-13, 10:42   Link #30
Blimey

This series needs a better director to clean this up.

Personally, (I haven't seen the last episode yet) I was for Tomari/Hazumu, or maybe even possibly Tomari/Yasuna. What bothers me about the Hazumu/Tomari pairing is the amount of pity and guilt associated with it. Nothing says unhealthy relationship more than one out of pity, especially with someone as emotionally dependant as Yasuna.
I do believe that Tomari's feelings are genuine, and actually quite mature to take this all in stride. This much, at least to me, makes it a happy ending no matter who Hazumu ends up with. She'll probably find someone better or they just might end up together down the line. This is why we have doujinshi.
Old 2006-04-15, 11:28   Link #31
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

The last episode has been subbed! Thank you Xabin for all your hard work.

-> http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31107

Grabbing it now...
Old 2006-04-15, 15:17   Link #32
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

I've seen episode 12, and while I mourn my beloved Yazuri ending (and wish for it in the Manga), as well as the total absence of a damn kiss, I'm not entirely dissatisfied by it... not entirely.
While the Tomari/Hazumu parting was touching (if a bit 'meh', since the main reason Hazumu and Tomari decide to let her go to Yasuna is because of Yasuna's affliction), the episode was weighed down by violin-summoning clichés, particularly the scene with Yasuna in the highway, or the Aliens' departure (no spoilers there, i'm being vague).
It also has long monologues/morale of the story, which is something I hate to see at the end of a series, be it written or visual.

...or maybe that's just Haruhi's fault, slamming originality and hilarity in my face just before this episode... meh, no matter.

6/10, with an overall series rating of 8/10: A pity the quality of the first few episodes wasn't kept up to. I guess it's true: a manga adaptation will always be inferior to its previous incarnation...
Old 2006-04-15, 15:43   Link #33
Spinner187
Too old for Anime?

Ok after watching the last episode, my thoughts...

Spoiler for those who have watched it:

If anyone wants to shed some light on this, It will be appreciated

Spoiler for BTW:
Old 2006-04-15, 16:01   Link #34
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Was Ayuki really after Tomari all along?
Ahem. There is something that just HAS to be said:

Ayuki~ is a per~vert~

Spoiler for ep 12 end:

It's better than the way the manga's carrying on right now, with the whole
Spoiler for just in case:
Old 2006-04-15, 16:30   Link #35
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm also a bit annoyed at the overt plot device of the fate element in the manga but we'll see how it plays out. I suspect the aliens are once again not taking everything into account.

Hazumu returning to her original state?
Spoiler:

I'm real interested in ep 13 to see what all the "ano ne" is really about...
Old 2006-04-15, 17:15   Link #36
YamiDragoon

Location: Austria (Europe).. would like to live in Japan ^^'''
Send a message via MSN to YamiDragoon
Thumbs up

hi all, yeah, i'm new here ^^

first of all: thank you very much xabin, for giving us a subbed last episode!
i love kashimashi, it's my fav. anime top 1 ever! ^^\/

Spoiler for so.. for that ending..:

i hope my english is good enough for you to understand what i mean ^^''' gomen

but i loved the end.. i am glad everyone is happy after all.. i have the feeling.. everyone did the right thing.. and nobody is hurt seriously.. they all stay friends forever, i guess..

and vexx.. i'm sorry to say that, but as far as i know, there is only 12 episodes and there's no plan for a 13th one.. o.O

Last edited by YamiDragoon; 2006-04-15 at 18:15.
Old 2006-04-15, 18:12   Link #37
hi-hi

Here's what Yasuna said at the end:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-15, 18:31   Link #38
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ah.. then I have a surprise for you.... the DVD release is going to add a 13th "not broadcast" episode that carries the story a bit further.

That seems to be the new fad (like with Kamichu inserting 4 new episodes into their DVD releases).

Unfortunately, that last DVD won't be released until the early fall.
Old 2006-04-15, 19:05   Link #39
monster

Oh, a 13th episode in the fall? That's too far away I'll forget about this series already. And episode 12 ended it nicely anyway, I'm just a little sad for the teacher and for Jan-puu.
Old 2006-04-15, 19:29   Link #40
YamiDragoon

Location: Austria (Europe).. would like to live in Japan ^^'''
Send a message via MSN to YamiDragoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-hi
Here's what Yasuna said at the end:
Spoiler:
i feel a bit insulted by your version..
cute, pure yasuna would never say anything like that..
>.< but if you feel like it.. believe in this one T.T
you just hurt my feelings >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
ah.. then I have a surprise for you.... the DVD release is going to add a 13th "not broadcast" episode that carries the story a bit further.

That seems to be the new fad (like with Kamichu inserting 4 new episodes into their DVD releases).

Unfortunately, that last DVD won't be released until the early fall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
Oh, a 13th episode in the fall? That's too far away I'll forget about this series already. And episode 12 ended it nicely anyway, I'm just a little sad for the teacher and for Jan-puu.
thank you for the info ^^ i'm looking forward to it.. ,|,,|(>.<)|,,|, i love kashimashi, it rocks.. i'm addicted...

and.. will it be like the extra episodes of the onegai series etc..?

i won't ever forget kashimashi, my favorite anime.. i love every scene, every character and.. everything.. o.O
hope the manga will be released in german too >.<'''
Closed Thread