AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2009-09-02, 08:21   Link #801
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
So i thought people said Tomoyo After~ was going to be released after episode 24? But there was none...so when are we looking at a possible anime adaption, or will there even be one?
There was rumor at one point about a movie that would have Planetarian and Tomoyo After as a double feature. The thread in question can be found in this very forum, but we haven't really received confirmation nor concrete information about such an endeavor. I never heard any substantial rumors of Tomoyo After coming directly after the conclusion of CLANNAD ~After Story~.
Quote:
And how is tomoyo after different? Is it like that tomoyo DVD special where she's going out with tomoya?
No. The DVD special was the continuation/second half of Tomoyo's route from the visual novel CLANNAD (The parts that couldn't be shown/reconciled with Tomoya ending up with Nagisa). Tomoyo After (the VN) continues after that point, sort of like CLANNAD ~After Story~ continues upon Nagisa's route's completion.
Old 2009-09-02, 09:31   Link #802
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
There was rumor at one point about a movie that would have Planetarian and Tomoyo After as a double feature. The thread in question can be found in this very forum, but we haven't really received confirmation nor concrete information about such an endeavor. I never heard any substantial rumors of Tomoyo After coming directly after the conclusion of CLANNAD ~After Story~.
No. The DVD special was the continuation/second half of Tomoyo's route from the visual novel CLANNAD (The parts that couldn't be shown/reconciled with Tomoya ending up with Nagisa). Tomoyo After (the VN) continues after that point, sort of like CLANNAD ~After Story~ continues upon Nagisa's route's completion.
Gah! I want to see that then, sounds great. Is there a kyou ~after~ as well :O? Ugh...i want to get these

Edit:

Since you said it's only a rumor, do you know if it's possible at all that they MIGHT animate a tomoyo after? I mean Clannad After story was pretty popular with nagisa right? Man i want to see this tomoyo after stuff animated now!
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 09:35   Link #803
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Is there a kyou ~after~ as well :O?
Nope. It's hard to be succinct with a ten character limit.
Old 2009-09-02, 10:40   Link #804
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Since you said it's only a rumor, do you know if it's possible at all that they MIGHT animate a tomoyo after? I mean Clannad After story was pretty popular with nagisa right? Man i want to see this tomoyo after stuff animated now!
There's no way of knowing really. If the game proves popular enough then an anime adaption could be possible.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 11:31   Link #805
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
There's no way of knowing really. If the game proves popular enough then an anime adaption could be possible.
oh it's a separate game? Not in one set?

i cant believe there's no kyou after! Wtf!
Old 2009-09-02, 11:33   Link #806
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Right. Earlier in this very thread it was asked and answered why it was made. It's much harder to speculate into why something wasn't made, though, so I won't try.
Old 2009-09-02, 11:53   Link #807
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:

i cant believe there's no kyou after! Wtf!
I think one heroine spin off is considered enough or it would be ridiculous if every heroine had her own after story right? Not trying to imply that they don't deserve them, but I highly doubt there will be a Kyou After. Sorry :<
As for an anime adaption, anything is possible. It all depends on whether they believe there is a fan base big enough to provide a good profit and God would I be happy if it's big enough. I mean, look at Phantom of Inferno, the game's more than 9 years old and it already has another series ongoing after all these years.
Old 2009-09-02, 11:59   Link #808
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Hmm that's interesting. I originally thought these "after" series were a "diff route", like you choose nagisa, and you get her and the after story...you go back nad player for tomoyo and get tomoyo after :X.

Guess that's too much in one game. I really do hope that they do animate tomoyo after though...it looks very interesting, and she seems like a great character (and so does kyou...gah i want her so bad too).

Anyway, any word on what Kyoani's next project/adaption is? And what about Key?
Old 2009-09-02, 12:08   Link #809
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Hmm that's interesting. I originally thought these "after" series were a "diff route", like you choose nagisa, and you get her and the after story...you go back nad player for tomoyo and get tomoyo after :X.

Guess that's too much in one game. I really do hope that they do animate tomoyo after though...it looks very interesting, and she seems like a great character (and so does kyou...gah i want her so bad too).

Anyway, any word on what Kyoani's next project/adaption is? And what about Key?
KyoAni's currently airing Haruhi Season 1.5 (OF DOOM), and is notoriously silent about any future endeavors. Key's currently working on a game called Rewrite. (Has already released Little Busters! in addition to Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life since they did CLANNAD)

And it's becoming clear you didn't get CLANNAD's plot very well (a lot of anime-only people had some trouble with how it worked), so you might be served well by searching through this forum for ending explanations (I lost my links, or I'd send you straight there).
Old 2009-09-02, 12:33   Link #810
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
KyoAni's currently airing Haruhi Season 1.5 (OF DOOM), and is notoriously silent about any future endeavors. Key's currently working on a game called Rewrite. (Has already released Little Busters! in addition to Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life since they did CLANNAD)

And it's becoming clear you didn't get CLANNAD's plot very well (a lot of anime-only people had some trouble with how it worked), so you might be served well by searching through this forum for ending explanations (I lost my links, or I'd send you straight there).
I didn't get clannad's plot? What do you mean...

Is little busters any good? And is there an english version of tomoyo after i can buy?
Old 2009-09-02, 12:49   Link #811
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
I didn't get clannad's plot? What do you mean...
There are lots of timelines and alternate universes in CLANNAD. If you were not aware of that, I refer you to the ending thread.

Quote:
Is little busters any good?
It's fantastic

Quote:
And is there an english version of tomoyo after i can buy?
No. There isn't even a CLANNAD in English to buy.

EDIT: I don't know about any plans to patch-translate Tomoyo-After, though I do of CLANNAD.

Last edited by spawnofthejudge; 2009-09-02 at 13:55.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 13:50   Link #812
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
However you can download the Clannad game with and English patch and voice patch etc, I did it.

And I'm sure someone is working on translating Tomoyo After, I thought I heard of some people working on it, but I forget from where.

Last edited by Miyuki-ism; 2009-09-02 at 15:10.
Miyuki-ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 03:29   Link #813
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

The guys over at baka-tsuki are workin on it. ;D
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 09:26   Link #814
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Has any of you actually played tomoyo after though? Is it as good or better than the curretn after story with nagisa?
Old 2009-09-04, 09:42   Link #815
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Has any of you actually played tomoyo after though? Is it as good or better than the curretn after story with nagisa?
My best explanation is that it's very different.
Old 2009-09-04, 09:56   Link #816
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
My best explanation is that it's very different.
just as emotional though?
Old 2009-09-04, 13:50   Link #817
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Since this is the Q&A section, i have a question about game save files. When i save my game, where does it go? Which folder is it? Because i want to move this game to my laptop, but i wnat to keep all my saved files together. Is it JUST the "savedata" folder? IS that all i need to copy over?

Also since i installed the game on this computer, can i just move the "KEY" folder onto the laptop? Or do i need the original CD to re-install it on my laptop?

Thanks!
Old 2009-09-04, 19:57   Link #818
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

You cannot move the Key folder: I checked the registry on my comp, and CLANNAD makes a registry file. I tried moving my save games as well, and as far as I know all you need is only the savedata folder. However, make sure you patch to the SAME as your previous iteration; it doesn't work if you patch over or under.
Old 2009-09-04, 20:25   Link #819
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
I know all you need is only the savedata folder. However, make sure you patch to the SAME as your previous iteration; it doesn't work if you patch over or under.
What do you mean patch it to the "same" as my previous iteration? Let me put it this way. I just copied my savedata folder. And tomorrow i'll be installing the game onto my laptop. Do i just delete the savedata folder (which should be empty?) on my laptop one, and put in THIS savedata folder that i have saved games in?
Old 2009-09-04, 20:38   Link #820
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

I mean if you installed english patch only, then you should english patch the new installation for the savegames to work.

If you installed no patches on your previous installation, then simply moving the savedata folder should work.