AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-07-10, 20:03   Link #121
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

14th of Aug... Good good, after my exam...

About 70 bucks... As expected...

I gotta ask- Is the game start out simple enough to? I've never played any of the Tales series before so I have no idea what the combat system, characters' skill/ability/upgrades are like...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 20:30   Link #122
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

I gotta ask- Is the game start out simple enough to? I've never played any of the Tales series before so I have no idea what the combat system, characters' skill/ability/upgrades are like...
You don't have to have played previous games to understand anything in the game. Most RPGs start out simple though and I don't think Vesperia's gonnabe an exception.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 13:53   Link #123
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Pushed back to August 26 or something. Well, the NA version anyways.

...70 bucks?

You may have some hard time with the battle system if you're not familiar with it, but with enough pratice, it shouldn't be any problem. (Read: keep replaying the demo. xD )

Oh free run may not be available from the beginning, not sure. Don't rely too much on it, learn to guard and jump.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 15:43   Link #124
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Guarding really isn't worth much, never has been in any Tales game especially the 3D Tales.

Best thing to do is just get behind an enemy and smack them silly works for everything ever period. The proof it works is that its used for solo boss runs too.
Old 2008-07-12, 02:31   Link #125
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Guarding really isn't worth much, never has been in any Tales game especially the 3D Tales.

Best thing to do is just get behind an enemy and smack them silly works for everything ever period. The proof it works is that its used for solo boss runs too.
You should try the non-3D ones. Especially D2. Never ever go behind the enemy. Not smart in that game to do that.

Only in Abyss and maybe Radiant Mythology. Innocence have free run, but honestly I've guarded more than I free run there. Didn't play Ratatosk, just watched someone play it, but... Yea, guard's pretty important in that game, just because Marta takes forever to cast. (Though if you have your Pokemanz to help you, it shouldn't be half as bad?)

Guess we'll see though how it works out in Vesperia though.

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-07-12 at 02:47.
Old 2008-07-12, 05:30   Link #126
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
You should try the non-3D ones. Especially D2. Never ever go behind the enemy. Not smart in that game to do that.
Yes I know, I probably should've cut out the 'especially' bit to have made it clearer. D2 was....well, if the story hadn't sucked so horribly the gameplay would be enough to make it my favourite Tales game.

2D Tales always tend to be particularly evil in that theres no real safe ways to start up an attack unlike 3D Tales. Only 2D Tales I really remember with really exploitable comboes was ToL (though I'd prefer forget it ever existed) and ToD remake which had a particularly nasty infinite juggling move you could do with Stahn.

Also I don't really use the big spells myself in most games, I'm the type of nutcase who likes underleveling and slaughtering an enemy at half their level for the hell of it. Only time I pull out the spells is when I'm bored and need eye candy. I remember Abyss and Innocence were actually kinda on the easy side because of the free run system.
Old 2008-07-12, 09:08   Link #127
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Not even in Tales of Symphonia? Guarding gets you GRADE, while getting hit makes you lose GRADE. Of course, guarding reduces damage too...
Old 2008-07-12, 09:44   Link #128
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I prefer not getting hit at all in the first place thank you very much.
Old 2008-07-19, 11:21   Link #129
TrueKnight

Ohhhhh my God.

Finally watched the OP. Both the OP song (Jap and Eng) are amazing.

See them for yourself.

JP : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbk-oG5hjP8&NR=1

ENG : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR-oZ...watch_response

The animations are exactly the same, seeing Bamco's gonna release for this JP and US in the same month actually made them to do this. Can't wait.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 14:09   Link #130
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I hope this gets released not too late in PAL territory as well, Namco shouldn't forget about us europeans! :[
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 22:04   Link #131
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The japanese version doesn't sound much different, but it does get be hyped up for the game

Alot of interesting fight scenes in there as well.
Old 2008-07-19, 22:55   Link #132
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
I hope this gets released not too late in PAL territory as well, Namco shouldn't forget about us europeans! :[
Well 2009 is pretty late as it is.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 02:55   Link #133
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
Well 2009 is pretty late as it is.
I've been wondering if the reason of such a long delay is due to the localization of the game in all the different languages. If that's the case then they could atleast release the english version of the game in the UK, it's not like I would have any problem with that anyway.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 03:49   Link #134
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I hope the pink haired girl isn't the "main" girl... Tales have a bad habit of making those healer girls as the "main" heroines.

Anyway, I wonder if they'll do it the way ToS did it where you can develop relationships to change the "main" heroine.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 03:53   Link #135
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I hope the pink haired girl isn't the "main" girl... Tales have a bad habit of making those healer girls as the "main" heroines.
If it makes you feel any better, she uses a sword (and shield) So you can think of her as a paladin...
Old 2008-07-20, 04:53   Link #136
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Sword and Shield eh? hmm, that could be interesting, all thats left is her personality. As long as she's not the "jesus freak" of the group, its all good. Colette bugged the hell out of me with her Jes... er.. Martel Loves You this, Martel that. And Mint was a priestess, although she wasn't as expressive religiously.

But, I'll reserve judgement till I play this game, a fighter chick has definately caught my attention though.
Old 2008-07-20, 05:11   Link #137
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Sword and Shield eh? hmm, that could be interesting, all thats left is her personality. As long as she's not the "jesus freak" of the group, its all good. Colette bugged the hell out of me with her Jes... er.. Martel Loves You this, Martel that. And Mint was a priestess, although she wasn't as expressive religiously.

But, I'll reserve judgement till I play this game, a fighter chick has definately caught my attention though.

As far as the demo goes, she's a nice, polite girl.

Her back story might be some what similiar to Luke (TotA) as

"She was kept in her castle for a long time, where she took up training with the sword. She is also surprised by the many things she encounters in the outside world. She enjoys reading books and takes the knowledge or other info she gains from them very seriously."

- from wiki
Old 2008-07-20, 05:29   Link #138
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Estelle is not related to any religion, as far as anyone can tell, based on the info given out. And supposedly, things in the world view her "power" as something poisonous.

Oh, if anyone cares, full version of Kane wo Narashite (PV) is somewhere on YouTube.
Old 2008-07-20, 05:35   Link #139
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Estelle is not related to any religion, as far as anyone can tell, based on the info given out. And supposedly, things in the world view her "power" as something poisonous.
That's like a big neon sign for drama...

Quote:
Oh, if anyone cares, full version of Kane wo Narashite (PV) is somewhere on YouTube.
I care!!

*Goes to look*
Old 2008-07-20, 05:35   Link #140
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Thats good to hear, pink hair heroines are always a plus too.

Tags
rpg