AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-26, 14:35   Link #1
Aqua Knight

Angry main hero

Is there any series where the main male protagonist has significant fights and get really angry and pissed.
I mean he literally screams "I'll f***ing kill you!" or something like this.

So the series have to be action with male lead in late teens or early twenties.
Old 2010-08-26, 14:40   Link #2
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Try Vindland Saga.
Old 2010-08-26, 15:00   Link #3
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well there is Shizuo from Durarara!! but he's not the main character. That's the only one I can think of atm.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-08-26 at 17:17.
Old 2010-08-26, 15:09   Link #4
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Inu Yasha
Escaflowne
Old 2010-08-26, 16:33   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The manga Beelzebub is just what you're looking for.
Old 2010-08-26, 22:11   Link #6
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
Is there any series where the main male protagonist has significant fights and get really angry and pissed.
I mean he literally screams "I'll f***ing kill you!" or something like this.

So the series have to be action with male lead in late teens or early twenties.
YuYu Hakusho, obviously...My dawg knew that one...I mean that's the top of the barrel if you somehow never saw this...Yusuke Uramechi is the epitome of angry anti-hero...

Samurai Champloo - You've probably seen it, but poo on you if you haven't...Mugen is king of the curse-you-out and try to kill you fighters...

Tenjo Tenge - There are a couple of leads who portray these tendencies (Souichiro & Masataka)..Lots of hardcore cool action, but, well, well...You'll see...Oh there's some skin too^^...

Tokyo Tribe 2
- Not exactly what you're looking for, but plenty of "I'll effin kill you!"moments....With tons of stylized action aswell..It's pretty hardcore at times (The action/violence) with a hip-hop vibe not common in most anime...I loved it for it's original take on the never examined gang-lifestyle of half-black Asians living in Japan (Hated the Hitler-esque scene later on though)...

If you wanna go oldskool with it, Fist of The North Star will blow your mind, no LITERALLY minds get BLOWN...

What I won't suggest is Gundam SEED Destiny..It is the worst Gundam series of alltime by far, but the "main" (and I do use that loosley) character Shinn Asuka fits you're criteria (Although it's not him I truly hate, just so much more)...Please remember not to watch this!
Old 2010-08-28, 21:44   Link #7
Rickketik

I would suggest otherwise, go watch Gundam Seed Destiny. the 'main' character is a crazy motherf*cker... He is so F*ckd up you might hate him... Destiny was named anime of the year and is one of the best sold Anime of all time.
Old 2010-08-28, 22:25   Link #8
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickketik View Post
I would suggest otherwise, go watch Gundam Seed Destiny. the 'main' character is a crazy motherf*cker... He is so F*ckd up you might hate him... Destiny was named anime of the year and is one of the best sold Anime of all time.
Yeah, just like Britney Spears once won Album of The Year ...That's the same amount of talent Gundam SEED DESTINY is working with...Commercial Success doesn't equal critical success...And GSD is one of the most critically skewered animes of alltime...
Old 2010-08-29, 08:37   Link #9
Rickketik

Dude, now you are just making shit up. It's not one of the most critically skewered Animes of all time. It has generally mixed reviews internationally and was well received in japan.

It's an Anime with flaws... Lot's of flaws but it's a fun watch, lot of people liked it and still do, I brings forth some interesting ideologies and it definitely has what you are asking for.

Ow, and leave Britney alone!!!

Edit:
and someone mentioned Beelzebub, it also has the main character you are looking for. It's jump, It's shonen, it's a comedy Manga in general, but the dude kicks lots of ass (while carrying a baby) And I thing it's getting an Anime soon.
Old 2010-08-29, 11:33   Link #10
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Rickketik, I could sit hear and give you a million examples to prove my point, but I LIVED THIS $HIT...You want a fun after school project? Goto the Gundam Forum and do some archive research from 5 years ago, you'll be blown away by how wrong you are....Mitsuo Fukuda (The pathetic director) even said GSD was the biggest directorial failure of his entire career...The show almost got canceled 3 separate times because of production errors...If the thread starter does watch GSD just for Shinn's emoness (which ain't enuff to validate the suggestion, but it might), just watch the 4 movies instead of the series...They have a similar level of suck, but atleast they visually look better, and correct a million production errors...
Old 2010-08-29, 11:59   Link #11
Rickketik

I can also sit here and rant about how wrong you are and how much shit you are just making up but I'll stop here. the dude asked for suggestions I gave mine and you gave yours. Let's just stop here.

My apologies for going off topic.
Old 2010-08-29, 12:01   Link #12
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LMAO, I'm not wrong...
Old 2010-08-29, 13:21   Link #13
TyG3R

GANTZ - manga/anime , preferable manga.
Old 2010-08-29, 14:45   Link #14
Aqua Knight

Yeah, Kurono Kei was awesome, especially when they were fighting in that temple with the statues.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3st1t...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXJFf...eature=related
Old 2010-08-29, 17:11   Link #15
Kuya
Skateboarder Member

Im quite surprised none of you guys mentioned this animes:

Code Geass - Leluoche has a grudge against his farther

Death Note - Kira/Light Yagami is pissed off at how the justice system works and kills off criminals by writing their names on a notepad

Both protagonist here are cunning and smart and as for plots, IMO, its pretty well made
Old 2010-08-29, 17:15   Link #16
Aqua Knight

Sorry, but I would be a complete fool not having watched those series
Old 2010-08-29, 18:41   Link #17
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Yup. Yusuke Urameshi is pretty angst but he never really goes on killing sprees. I've just started reading Vagabond and I get the feeling that the main character is someone who gets ANGRY. Chapter one, he kills five men with a tree branch. A f***ing tree branch! But that's only manga. Idk if it's been made into an anime, but in terms of anime, I would suggest Durarara as well and Samurai Champloo.
Old 2010-08-29, 22:11   Link #18
cerrian

Black Lagoon. They're all hot heads except for a couple.

Edit - scratch that, you wanted a male hero
Old 2010-08-30, 15:34   Link #19
Aqua Knight

Seen Revi's action
Old 2010-08-30, 16:43   Link #20
kitten320

Claymore? Clare gets seriously pissed off when Priscila is mentioned or is in her view.

Durarara - as someone mentioned above.

GTO
- Onizuka is easy going but got pissed off quiet a lot and had given quiet a lot of beating.

Inuyasha - gets angry quiet easily.