AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-02, 17:35   Link #7901
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

never, i'm too lazy to go back to the way it supposed to be played. anyways i already have a hard time when my tanks get a tier or 2 high in pubs, so i just full gold everything.

T10s are expenses, its not really for casual play, if you play t10s, better have a jackload of money stocked up while playing it, cuz their like a hole in a bucket, they bleed credits rather than make credits. which is why i haven't been playing them at all the past month.

but me gold spraying even at tier 3 it doesn't even matter what tier, i'm usually losin at least 10k or more. well for tier 3 that would be max i would lose.
Old 2013-07-02, 18:00   Link #7902
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I almost never use gold ammo with the Chi-Ha and S35 CA. Those things have godly penetration, which is a major reason I got both of them. The ISU-152's top gun looks to have fantastic penetration also.

Come to think of it, focusing on tank destroyers with their big guns might be my own way of compensating for lack of skill in hitting weak spots.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 18:06   Link #7903
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

gold is to make sure you get your round in and dmg something, but you need to sparingly use it and carefully make sure its hittin the target 90% of the time, otherwise get ready to have a bill over 20k, me losing an avg of 10k is low, if i played T10 pure gold maybe I might hit over 20k in loss even on a win.
Old 2013-07-02, 18:32   Link #7904
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
never, i'm too lazy to go back to the way it supposed to be played. anyways i already have a hard time when my tanks get a tier or 2 high in pubs, so i just full gold everything.

T10s are expenses, its not really for casual play, if you play t10s, better have a jackload of money stocked up while playing it, cuz their like a hole in a bucket, they bleed credits rather than make credits. which is why i haven't been playing them at all the past month.

but me gold spraying even at tier 3 it doesn't even matter what tier, i'm usually losin at least 10k or more. well for tier 3 that would be max i would lose.
I just played 230 games in 183 shooting all gold and lost maybe 300k. Between Tier 7+ games and about 25 T10 i make about 1 mil a day. Right now the only tank that loads gold is my 183 and sometimes on the Ferdi facing hard to pen T10 tanks.

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-07-02 at 18:43.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 18:59   Link #7905
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Now that you are around... mind telling me what happened? I can't get a damn word out of him.

- Tak
Apparently his parents are fighting, which led him to question what the hell is he doing with his life, which led to him getting depressed, which led him to contemplate suicide. He even gives a timeline: if he's gone by July 7, we're free to think that he's dead or something.

The problem is that it's hard to sympathize with him because it just comes off as juvenile whining. Plus it's not like many of us didn't have the same, or WORSE problems at his age.

Other observations:

Once again Touma's version of common sense flies in the face of everyone else's with regards to throwing money away via premium rounds. I think it's just general laziness, really.
Old 2013-07-02, 19:10   Link #7906
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Apparently his parents are fighting, which led him to question what the hell is he doing with his life, which led to him getting depressed, which led him to contemplate suicide. He even gives a timeline: if he's gone by July 7, we're free to think that he's dead or something.

The problem is that it's hard to sympathize with him because it just comes off as juvenile whining. Plus it's not like many of us didn't have the same, or WORSE problems at his age.
... wow.

Oh well let's hope it's just juvenile whining and nothing serious.

I was once stressed out and had those tendencies as well, but then I realized that I don't need to be loved. And I was like "duh". Guess no money for the shrinks
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 19:26   Link #7907
Gravitas Free Zone

Got the final engine for the E-75. At least it can keep up with a Tiger II now... :\
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 19:59   Link #7908
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Its called a dysfunctional family, soon it will lead to domestic abuse or divorce, so RRW will feel like shit when he first experience it, its not easy to cope with RL in a situation like that cuz problems that can't be solved inside the family. I wouldn't be surprise if therapy doesn't work for them.

Whining, that reminds me of the kids i see every once in a while, while riding the T to work, well similar in regards to whining but not juvee whining. Some instances ppl who become like that resort to drugs or alcohol, which makes matters worst. He will come to a point where he is beyond help, because he can't help himself, henceforth the phrase, "Help me help you!" which should be interpret as help yourself so other ppl can help you.

@ Pen3 is that per round or total per session? If you total how much I spend the past weeks I've spent at least 10 million credits all together, gold rounds, T62A, repairs, consumable refills... etc. etc.
Old 2013-07-02, 20:24   Link #7909
Pen3

Quote:
@ Pen3 is that per round or total per session? If you total how much I spend the past weeks I've spent at least 10 million credits all together, gold rounds, T62A, repairs, consumable refills... etc. etc.
Yep i play 183 for about 40 games yesterday and my money didn't move at all. Whatever i lost on the 183 i gain back from my lower tier games.

Everything this thing hits breaks 2-4 mods/crew.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-07-02, 20:32   Link #7910
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
I don't know about t10 losing money, I play my tier 10s for profit (laugh)

Generally I can average ~20,000 credits profit in my tier 10s, less if I shoot more gold, of course. But in my tier 10 TDs I think I am 90% regular, 9% gold, and 1% HE. I only carry 1 HE shell in my T110E3.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 20:37   Link #7911
Pen3

Even before missions i still make profit if i fire 4-5 good shots and win. That game on top is pretty much even without mission, but i used 7 shots and i usually aim better before the missions started. The missions let me fire at low HP tanks and still make money so i am loving it.
Old 2013-07-02, 20:58   Link #7912
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Actually, as some games with Sahin have shown, you CAN earn money now in tier 9 games. It's just not much, but as long as you don't fire premium rounds willy-nilly and win, you can turn a profit now. It's minor (I think it's around just 10%), but better than an outright credit loss.
Old 2013-07-02, 21:03   Link #7913
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

It doesn't matter to me tho, i'll still go full gold on every tier except 1 and 2 depending on the tank at tier II.
Old 2013-07-02, 21:11   Link #7914
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Because you're either insane or lazy, Touma.
Old 2013-07-02, 21:33   Link #7915
Gravitas Free Zone

I've been making money on my Tier 9 games as long as I don't use any premium consumables and don't explode. Also, neither the M103 or E-75 (which still only has the 105mm!) carry more than six premium shells.

Meanwhile, we have this game, which... seems... impossible.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I don't have XVM, so I had to resort to checking the player records after the game. Even so, you see a full platoon of those guys versus a clan you've never noticed before and it doesn't look good to start.
Actually, it seems like both teams were composed of people hovering around 50%, and then two widely-imbalanced platoons.
The other team got the good east spawn, too. The T69s set up in the middle and shot through the gap in the west road, the Tiger II went south with some heavies... and somehow we kinda rolled over them.
Old 2013-07-02, 21:42   Link #7916
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

yeah being in those elite clans means nothing now, its just for show. their only good in name, but in skill their the same as other pubbies.

indeed i am teru. indeed i am.

i still haven't won a game yet in my cruiser ii and med i, are brits cursed or something...
Old 2013-07-02, 21:47   Link #7917
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
yeah being in those elite clans means nothing now, its just for show. their only good in name, but in skill their the same as other pubbies.
Someday I will prove you wrong
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 21:49   Link #7918
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
If you compare the hit ratios, it's amazing that most of the people on my team could hit the side of a barn while they were inside it. Not to mention the guy that has more games than you and me put together, and has won more of them...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Someday I will prove you wrong
I sense a training room duel in the making.
Old 2013-07-02, 22:23   Link #7919
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I think Touma is under the mistaken impression that it's impossible for Unicum-level players to have bad days. It isn't. Even the best player can be dragged down by a team with zero coordination.

However, their NORMAL days are usually far better than our best days. A lot of the time we just sqeak by with barely 60% per 1-day session, but these guys? Usually 70% or better.
Old 2013-07-02, 22:39   Link #7920
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
In my personal experience, the FV4202 is a very mediocre tank. So mediocre, it'd actually give the T-34 a run for its money.
The T-34 ain't THAT bad

Though I find it lol in how it's actually faster than most lights

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks