AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-04, 18:07   Link #41
Tenzen12

I dislike Hasabe a lot. He sort of stole show.

Anyway gags was funny and settings is nice, just hope there will be at least slightly more than just this.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 18:32   Link #42
sky black swordman

Overall the first episode was pretty good, not really a big fan of the OP and ED.

Hasebe are antics are hilarious, so far my favorite character of the show! Yamagami-san, I hope you can the person responsible for your...first name situation. Although, I think your parents deserve most of the blame for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Of course from the opening & ending we can see there will still be a high school girl in this. But one is better than the whole cast I guess.
A high school girl, I wonder if Hasebe will hit on her too and ask for her E-mail address.
Old 2013-07-04, 18:39   Link #43
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Of course from the opening & ending we can see there will still be a high school girl in this. But one is better than the whole cast I guess.
Maybe she's a cosplaying adult !

*straw grasping*
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 18:44   Link #44
HandofFate

Decent funny stuff.
Office ladies are great.

Don't see it going anywhere big, but looks like it be very consistent 7/10 episodes.

HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 18:49   Link #45
backbone
Banned

Hasebe has easily become my most favorite character for now. It's always nice to see a slacker who's actually capable and talented. Really, the way he easily handled all the troubled citizens whom his fellow workers couldn't pull off was simply amazing.

Kinda pity Yamagami for constantly being the butt of joke the entire eps (but then, nobody wouldn't laugh upon hearing her WTF full name)
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 18:53   Link #46
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Overall the first episode was pretty good, not really a big fan of the OP and ED.

Hasebe are antics are hilarious, so far my favorite character of the show! Yamagami-san, I hope you can the person responsible for your...first name situation. Although, I think your parents deserve most of the blame for that.

A high school girl, I wonder if Hasebe will hit on her too and ask for her E-mail address.
I feel the high school girl is the missing Department Chief. Where that stuffed teddy bear was sitting on.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 19:19   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hasebe is a different kind of 'talented', he's good with people

...Or should I call him "Tom" ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 19:29   Link #48
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Tax thieves!

A few good laughs this episode. Working! was a long time ago, but I remember the first season being a lot of... work to get through, while the second season felt much more enjoyable. A refreshing setting (compared to highschool) could be enough to keep me watching at least once a week.

I did feel a serious undercurrent running through all the jokes. I live in Finland, though, with a very bloated public sector and have heard some very unsavory things about it from various people. Hasebe, the civil servant in the third generation, seemed to have the right idea when he said their number one job was "getting scolded". So why not relax while you're at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I feel the high school girl is the missing Department Chief. Where that stuffed teddy bear was sitting on.
Well. After they zoomed through the teddy bear's eye, this was the first image shown to feature any of the characters.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Could be a coincidence, of course, and the girl is just a relative (perhaps?) who has a fiery relationship with Ichimiya. She did have an awfully "bossy" attitude throughout the OP, though.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 19:32   Link #49
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

She's that guy's little sister. It's mentioned in the PV.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 19:36   Link #50
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Yeah, I had a feeling that would be the case.

Anyway, she seems exactly like the "bossy young girl" character that I dislike. Man, even some generic tsundere characters are better.

I checked MAL, and she is voiced by Chinatsu from Yuru Yuri. Nooooo! This is bad
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 19:50   Link #51
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

What is a civil servant? Why do we hate 'em? Why do we love 'em? And why is being one such a complicated thing? Those are the questions handled by this intro episode to the main trio: the rather well-endowed Lucy Yamagami, the timid Saya Miyoshi, and the email-hunting slacker "Tom" () Hasebe.

After watching the first episode of Working! on Hero TV, I was reminded of what I liked about Working!. The humor was handled, and the quirky cast manages to blend well together like a giant parfait. This time, in SxS, we get to see this kind of chemistry in a government office — not a setting you'd often see in anime.

I definitely didn't regret picking this one up.

I'm a big fan of how the opening sequence blended 2D with 3D. And Lucy's sweater puppies ahoge is fun to watch.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 20:12   Link #52
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I loved it. But then again, I love these type of series... and I absolutely LOVED Working

Lucy/Hasabe FTW
Old 2013-07-04, 20:25   Link #53
SinsI

If Lucy Kimiko Akie Airi Shiori Rinne Yoshino Ayano Tomika Chitose Sanae Mikiko Ichika doesn't like her name why doesn't she just change it?
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 23:08   Link #54
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

well not bad for the first episode, first half is kinda boring and the OP just reminded me of SHAFT too much

I like interaction between Hasebe and Lucy near the end but I dislike the fact that he was helping her twice in the show, a few minutes apart and in similar manner

It's kinda losing the point during the second time and feels like it was there just for Joke/Comedy purpose
Old 2013-07-04, 23:15   Link #55
prototype_sky

I wouldn't be surprised if Hasebe's dad was the one who handled Lucy's registration .
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 00:06   Link #56
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Easily the best premiere of the season so far. It would be wonderful to see another anime aimed at working adults anyway, but when it's as accurate and smart as S x S, all the more so. Takatsu really understands the workplace - the food service workplace, and now the office. The politics, the quirks, it's all spot-on. The writing was sharp, the visuals were good, and the cast was excellent. It's nice when a show you expect to be excellent lives up to that.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 01:23   Link #57
leokiko

Enzo already said it all.

Now I only need Silver Spoon to be as good as its manga counterpart and I will be set for season.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 02:50   Link #58
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
There's too much humor that can't tell which one is and not..... What's this anime about again? I'm confuse....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 04:54   Link #59
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Easily the best premiere of the season so far. It would be wonderful to see another anime aimed at working adults anyway, but when it's as accurate and smart as S x S, all the more so. Takatsu really understands the workplace - the food service workplace, and now the office. The politics, the quirks, it's all spot-on. The writing was sharp, the visuals were good, and the cast was excellent. It's nice when a show you expect to be excellent lives up to that.
Hear hear.

First premiere in ages where I was enjoying myself throughout the whole episode.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 05:25   Link #60
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Aha, along with Kingdom, this has made it to my 'favourite anime this season so far' list

Hasebe is my favourite character right now, his personality and actions always bring a smile to my face when watching him In the case of "Actions speak louder than words" it's the opposite for him. His actions make him look helpful, friendly, professional. His words make him look....well, I mean, can I have your email?

Great first episode overall, i'm finally glad there was another anime that i'm able to enjoy this season as much as I did

Tags
comedy, seinen