AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-02-01, 20:09   Link #28901
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Considering this is a regular release and it does say [Unicorn Mode], I would be surprised if they didn't release another as [Destroy Mode] since they've done that with Unicorn Gundam and Banshee.
Agreed, it would be ridiculous of Bandai to not release the Destroy mode version

Actually heres a better Idea, they release a normal destroy mode with the green psycho frame, then include in 2 extra destroy mode shields and its normal weapons found in the original release ONLY

Then everyone will be forced to buy both in order to get everything XD

I wonder how much that BB Sazabi will be, and hopefully maybe a new BB Nu?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 11:23   Link #28902
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I have a feeling that's what they'll do: if they released the Destroy mode FA Unicorn, no one would buy the Unicorn mode FA Unicorn For 3150 yen, it's quite a steal. I wonder if it'll be compatible with the existing Destroy mode Unicorn, though.
Old 2013-02-02, 11:37   Link #28903
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I have a feeling that's what they'll do: if they released the Destroy mode FA Unicorn, no one would buy the Unicorn mode FA Unicorn For 3150 yen, it's quite a steal. I wonder if it'll be compatible with the existing Destroy mode Unicorn, though.
You know. If you're a Unicorn series fan, then I think you should pay up and get the MG's...

Unicorn OVA ver.
Full Armor Unicorn
Banshee

But maybe that's just me. I'm mainly a 00 fan which is why I go nuts getting all the MG's (and sometimes multiple times) and the expensive limited Trans Am versions.
Old 2013-02-02, 12:07   Link #28904
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

If Bandai indeed release HG FAUC Desmod later on, it will only prove my point that the previous Limited HG Unicorn Desmod Green Frame is a silly release targeted only to cash-in on buyers who can’t wait for HG FAUC Desmod.
Old 2013-02-02, 12:20   Link #28905
abc0716

Just got this with 20% discount while I was getting some Lunar New Year stuffs at nearby Aeon (Jusco) store.
Spoiler for A BB/SD kit by the way:
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 12:22   Link #28906
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If Bandai indeed release HG FAUC Desmod later on, it will only prove my point that the previous Limited HG Unicorn Desmod Green Frame is a silly release targeted only to cash-in on buyers who can’t wait for HG FAUC Desmod.
Obviously it's a cash in deal.
Old 2013-02-02, 13:17   Link #28907
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Obviously it's a cash in deal.
Well, when they release HG FAUC Desmod, the jokes are on people who already bought those Limited HG Green Frame Unicorn with higher-than-regular price. Poor them .

---------------
On another note, Sinanju Stein looks great with decals. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-02-02 at 19:45.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 20:05   Link #28908
Skye629

Quote:
Well, when they release HG FAUC Desmod, the jokes are on people who already bought those Limited HG Green Frame Unicorn with higher-than-regular price. Poor them .

---------------
On another note, Sinanju Stein looks great with decals. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I may actually go after the Stein, sure its expensive but the main reason I held off on the Sinanju was the painting required

This guy looks simple and cool
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 23:36   Link #28909
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
You know. If you're a Unicorn series fan, then I think you should pay up and get the MG's...

Unicorn OVA ver.
Full Armor Unicorn
Banshee

But maybe that's just me. I'm mainly a 00 fan which is why I go nuts getting all the MG's (and sometimes multiple times) and the expensive limited Trans Am versions.
I'll choose which Gundam models I wish to get, thank you very much. I rather like the fact that the HGUC series replicates detail reasonably well for the Unicorn line and won't kill my wallet.

Meanwhile, as for that Sinanju Stein, I do believe I see the same manipulators as I did for the Nu Gundam Ver Ka
Old 2013-02-03, 04:58   Link #28910
Appel

Quote:
What if someone preferes the 1/144 scale? What if someone simply doesn't have the space to display the MGs? What if someone just doesn't have the money to buy the FA Unicorn or MGs in general?
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 05:58   Link #28911
RX93-2
White Unicorn

The stein is really growing on me, I might paint one eventually and paint it in muted standard gundam colors for the ultimate "what the hell" effect regarding who's side it is on aesthetically.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 07:06   Link #28912
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
What if someone preferes the 1/144 scale? What if someone simply doesn't have the space to display the MGs? What if someone just doesn't have the money to buy the FA Unicorn or MGs in general?
Don't forget another important point - I love HGs because of the variety of suits that I can get, as compared to the MG line.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 07:21   Link #28913
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Don't forget another important point - I love HGs because of the variety of suits that I can get, as compared to the MG line.
You are absolutely right. That line really does have more options! I mean, just look at the HG OO like or the HG AGE line compared to the MGs.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 08:03   Link #28914
casval cehack

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Quote for truth.
Old 2013-02-03, 08:16   Link #28915
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
The stein is really growing on me, I might paint one eventually and paint it in muted standard gundam colors for the ultimate "what the hell" effect regarding who's side it is on aesthetically.
*imagining Stein with bright red-blue-yellow-white colors*

NNNOOOOOOOOooooo..........!!!!!!
Old 2013-02-03, 09:33   Link #28916
firefox
Seed seeder

My latest monster!

The 1/144 HG Genoace Custom. Almost perfect model!

firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 09:35   Link #28917
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Then so be it. If you can't afford the money, space, etc. Then you'll have to cash up all the variations that Bandai releases, even if it's a troll release like releasing the green Unicorn as a "limited" only to have another variation come out with the green Unicorn with more things.

They way I see it is that you actually spend more money if you focus on HG's because of the sheer amount of kits and variations of kits you'll buy. MG's you don't get as often as HG's and it's usually just the leads and its variations or partner suits.

So in that sense, it kinda evens out and the whole excuse of space & money being an issue is invalid since you'll end up buying more kits relative to MG's which take up more or the same amount as a few MG's.

Go figure, eh? LOL
Old 2013-02-03, 12:29   Link #28918
Providenceangle

Long time no post... Back for more. My wallet is peeing itself.

Speaking of 1/144:

HG #R15 ZGMF-X10A Freedom
HG #R14 ZGMF-X09A Justice
HG #17 Gundam Age-2 D Normal
HG #120 GM Custom (for a second time -_-)
EW-02 Tall Geese III Metallic & Clr (couldn't find the normal sadly)
RG RX-78-2
RG #10 Zeta Gundam
RG #8 RX-178 Gundam MK-II AEUG
HG #115 MSN-001A1 Delta Plus(Still haven't finished my MG of this)
HG #117 MS-06b Gouf Custom
HG #130 RGM-96X Jesta
HG #1 Aile Strike
Snap #34 Strike Freedom
HG #30 Gadessa
HG #142 ReZel Defensor B-Unit

I wish I would actually spread out my purchases... lol
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 12:43   Link #28919
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Then you'll have to cash up all the variations that Bandai releases, even if it's a troll release like releasing the green Unicorn as a "limited" only to have another variation come out with the green Unicorn with more things.
Why?

Quote:
They way I see it is that you actually spend more money if you focus on HG's because of the sheer amount of kits and variations of kits you'll buy. MG's you don't get as often as HG's and it's usually just the leads and its variations or partner suits.
Since when we have to buy most of the HG variation from a series? Nothing prevents us from buying only the ones we really like and need.

Quote:
So in that sense, it kinda evens out and the whole excuse of space & money being an issue is invalid since you'll end up buying more kits relative to MG's which take up more or the same amount as a few MG's.
No it’s not. We don’t have any obligation to buy a large amount of HG kits even if they have more variation than the MG ones.

Quote:
Go figure, eh? LOL
Go figure yourself. LOL
Old 2013-02-03, 12:46   Link #28920
kakakka

Quote:
*imagining Stein with bright red-blue-yellow-white colors*

NNNOOOOOOOOooooo..........!!!!!!
How about Gold Metallic. Kinda like Hyaku Shiki?
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy