AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

Old 2007-05-11, 17:11   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Pumpkin Scissors licensed by ADV Films

From AnimeOnDVD. ADVFilms announce Pumpkin Scissors license at Anime Central 2007.

Quote:
Pumpkin Scissors

Powerhouse studios GONZO and AIC (Solty Rei, Ah! My Goddess) have come together with famed director Katsuhito Akiyama (Thundercats, Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor) to create a masterpiece that has revitalized the war genre in anime. With gorgeous animation, hardboiled characters, and exciting action, Pumpkin Scissors is a series that has it all.

Synopsis: A ceasefire is suddenly called between the Royal Empire and the Republic of Frost. Three years later, the lower class of the Empire faces starvation, many of the military units have turned into petty bandits, and those in power are corrupted by greed. To aid in the war relief effort, the Pumpkin Scissors unit is created. The unit’s path is soon crossed with Randel Oland, a mysterious former member of the 901 Anti-Tank Troopers, one of the Army’s top-secret units.

Pumpkin Scissors is a 24 episode series presented over six DVDs. Volume 1 currently is scheduled to go on sale October 23. The six volume manga, upon which the anime series based, will be published in North America later this year by Del Rey Manga.
Feel free to discuss the topic in this thread. And as usual, any discussions about where to download the Pumpkin Scissors anime are no longer allowed as of now.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 17:52   Link #2
Dop
Mmmm....

Great, as I enjoyed this series and look forward to buying a legit. copy on DVD.

I would hope that this deal will also go some way to securing the second season which we're hoping will delve deeper into secrets.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 17:13   Link #3
yami-koichi
owo

Send a message via MSN to yami-koichi
<.<
I think this is the right place...

The official site for the licensed version of Pumpkin Scissors opened some time ago:
http://www.pumpkinscissorstv.com/

Also, the official cover and date for Pumpkin Scissors Vol.1 "Honor and blood" :
Here
(Date of release : Oct 23, 2007)

And, you can watch one of the trailers: Here
yami-koichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 18:12   Link #4
yami-koichi
owo

Send a message via MSN to yami-koichi
For those who are interested (Sorry if I am not allowed to post this) :
IGN.com and ADV Films, are showing the Official Pumpkin Scissors Full Episode Debut, giving us the first episode dubbed . It's free and legal.
You can watch it here
yami-koichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 14:35   Link #5
romulusx5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yami-koichi View Post
For those who are interested (Sorry if I am not allowed to post this) :
IGN.com and ADV Films, are showing the Official Pumpkin Scissors Full Episode Debut, giving us the first episode dubbed . It's free and legal.
You can watch it here

i saw the sub version on another site many months ago before it got "licensed", and it is very weird for alice malvin to sound like that, even in dub.

does anyone here prefer the sub or the dub versions?
romulusx5 is offline   Reply With Quote