Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-30, 21:02   Link #81
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlecloud View Post
So ... I don't read manga much . Could you give some example of those uber hax arch types above in other mangas ?
a few examples off the top of my head

1) the smileing old man.
Way too many to name. if you've ever read any of the diskwold books. Just remember rule #1

2) the kind motherly figure.
Belldandy (AMG) she gets upset and things start explodeing around her, no one has ever seen her mad.
Sasami, Misaki, Airi, and Seto(ok you tend to see the last 2 more pissed off then not) (tenchi muyo)
Ranma's mother from ranma 1/2.
Chichi (the only being in the univese that strikes fear into Goku and Gohan) (dbz)
Sakura (fate) you realy, realy do not want to see her pissed

3) the person who is completly clam no mater it they are faceing the big bad alone
Washu (not only is she calm she makes fun of them) (TM!)
Archer (fate)

4) any healer (if they know how to fix it, they know how to break it) Sakura, tsunade or just about any of the name med nin's from naruto.

5) the one member of a group you never see fighting
Sasami, Washu (TM!)
luna inverse (slayers) never seen on screen but lina feels faceing off aganist the most powerfull deamon god is less scary then faceing her sister.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2007-12-30 at 21:30.
Old 2007-12-30, 23:18   Link #82
benji000
You are not Gundam

What a fitting death for such #&$@# who made us suffer his annoyance for many CHAPTEEEEEERRS, IN LESS THAN A HOUR!!!!! Anyway now i can't wait for Maniac Ken-chan's and Psycho spoonhead's battle of insanity.
Old 2007-12-31, 00:59   Link #83
Lelite

Well, damn. Time to go into hibernation, because the next chapters are going to be nothing but useless yes-we've-seen-it-before skull bashing.

At least Szayel added some originality to the mix. And when it was Grimmjow vs. Ichigo, I had two young-ish men to stare at, one of whom was a kitty-man.

But seriously.... Zaraki vs. Nnoitora. I hated Zaraki vs. Ichigo (jesus christ, how many times must one say? Brains >>>> brute strength(although brains + strength combo is even better...)). And Nnoitora needs to have his ass thoroughly kicked by a woman, not Zaraki, which is a polar opposite. The fight's gonna suck. Someone let me know when it's over, along with a one-sentence answer to the question "who won?".

.....Unless.... Szayel isn't dead. As a matter of fact, I'd say that it's probably a 70% chance he isn't and we'll probably see him pop out of somewhere (correction: someONE) in Las Noches cursing the world and Mayuri Kurotsu-can-never-remember-the-name. Although then it's even more likely that he'll be offed by someone like Aizen to collect sum dataz.

Also, much lame, Kubo? All of the Espada lost to all of the captains. Couldn't have a picked a slightly more convoluted route, no? Especially when last time I checked, Mayuri wasn't all that popular with the audience... therefore, not very many people would get pissed if he lost.

Last edited by Lelite; 2007-12-31 at 00:59. Reason: I r gud at speling
Old 2007-12-31, 01:36   Link #84
Zek
Eyebrows...

Definitely a fitting end, considering this fight already feels like it's been going on for a hundred years.
Old 2007-12-31, 02:20   Link #85
Lunarskylar

lol now that ive read the english trans, mayuri's potion reminds me of itachi's tsukiyomi
Old 2007-12-31, 02:25   Link #86
kirose
The Destiny Child

That was a perfect way to take down pinky, one that makes syzel suffer, And shows how evil Mayuri is . First of all he has the stabbing of his hand for over a hundred years, and then the feeling of it piercing his heart, all the while seeing only Mayuri's smilling face. So 300 + years of pure pain and seeing mayuri's face...If he does somehow come back, he will be insane, completly insane, and the relationship between Pinky and Mayuri will be like Sasuke and Itachi, one lives only to kill the other (and then pinky goes to orochi...I mean Urahara to train in the ways of science) I don't think any of this would happen lol, but it was fun to fantacise about

anyways, great chapter IMO, an end to a battle, and next year we see Ken-sama fight.
Old 2007-12-31, 03:07   Link #87
lommm
l'homme de lommm

that was a perfect way to take szayel down. creepy, demented, twisted, and really fun considering i have been tired of pinky for months now. man, that is one effed up way to go though! i like how ishida and renji just stared in disbelief. i wonder if szayel will give them an antidote or if unuhona will have to heal them...
Old 2007-12-31, 04:22   Link #88
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirose View Post
So 300 + years of pure pain and seeing mayuri's face...If he does somehow come back
That made me think how funny it would be if Mayuri actually used the 1000 years of Pain technique from Naruto to defeat Szayel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelite View Post
Also, much lame, Kubo? All of the Espada lost to all of the captains. Couldn't have a picked a slightly more convoluted route, no? Especially when last time I checked, Mayuri wasn't all that popular with the audience... therefore, not very many people would get pissed if he lost.
Kenpachi hasn't won his fight yet (though it's pretty much a sure thing he's going to win). But even after that there are still 5 more espada left... is it really so important that one of the captains loses right now?

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2007-12-31 at 04:48.
Old 2007-12-31, 08:35   Link #89
Davitz
Stupid Monkeys!

Send a message via MSN to Davitz
why leave yammy alive though...
this has pretty much made yammy useless some of the ones higher than him 9,8,7 lost very very fast to a captain or one got defeated by rukia...
yes yammy is gonna have a wonderful time in like the next fight he has, unless hes fighting someone like hmmm nooo
hes probaly pretty much dead =]
Old 2007-12-31, 08:39   Link #90
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
yammy will die by the fists of chado
Old 2007-12-31, 10:09   Link #91
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
yammy will die by the fists of chado
I agree with you on that. I see potential in Chad and his abilities.
Old 2007-12-31, 10:24   Link #92
Neopluto

Quote:

Just wanted to put out there that no, he's not popular in the conventional sense, but I don't think he could be killed off without sacrificing even more of the "bleachness" that the manga has lost ever since the SS-arc. I mean come on, as much as he's an ass, he brings a balance to the types of Captains we have already. Not all of them can be nice or secretly nice and keep the story interesting.
Old 2007-12-31, 10:42   Link #93
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
thats a good point neopluto, like you said not everyone of the good guys has to be that good for szayel i have to say that i thought he was dead when mayuri appeared, and i had no problem with it, but his last sick ability changed my mind. Up to now szayel isnt dead and who knows, maybe he will escape by a cheap trick or gets saved by someone else.. like lelite said it would be kind of a waste to let him die(unlike espada 9 or 7, they can be replaced quite easy) since he is clever, original, bizarre,.. every team needs a freak like him
Old 2007-12-31, 14:56   Link #94
Ichihara

I'm quite tired of this arc, the battles seems to drag too long.
Well~ Anyone wants to take a guess at how many volumes bleach will have, before it ends?
Old 2007-12-31, 19:35   Link #95
Monkey D. Luffy

This was a good way to end the fight seeing as how long the fight with Sazeyl took, it appears that he underestimated Mayuri and his craziness.

Finally Kenpachi vs. Noi, I expect alot of trash talking and outbursts of power in this one.
Old 2007-12-31, 20:09   Link #96
Casshern

With Orihime healing Nel, and considering the nature or Orihime's "healing", do you think she will be fully restored to Neliel? I reckon it's possible and it'll be interesting to see how it affects the Zaraki - Nnoitra fight, if she is restored.

On second thought, since Orihime witnessed Nel's true form and how clingy she was towards Ichigo, not to mention how he protected her, maybe she'll hold back and just heal her wounds

Last edited by Casshern; 2008-01-01 at 10:53.
Old 2007-12-31, 21:18   Link #97
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Well, damn. Time to go into hibernation, because the next chapters are going to be nothing but useless yes-we've-seen-it-before skull bashing.

At least Szayel added some originality to the mix. And when it was Grimmjow vs. Ichigo, I had two young-ish men to stare at, one of whom was a kitty-man.

But seriously.... Zaraki vs. Nnoitora. I hated Zaraki vs. Ichigo (jesus christ, how many times must one say? Brains >>>> brute strength(although brains + strength combo is even better...)). And Nnoitora needs to have his ass thoroughly kicked by a woman, not Zaraki, which is a polar opposite. The fight's gonna suck. Someone let me know when it's over, along with a one-sentence answer to the question "who won?".

.....Unless.... Szayel isn't dead. As a matter of fact, I'd say that it's probably a 70% chance he isn't and we'll probably see him pop out of somewhere (correction: someONE) in Las Noches cursing the world and Mayuri Kurotsu-can-never-remember-the-name. Although then it's even more likely that he'll be offed by someone like Aizen to collect sum dataz.

WEll kubo once said in an interview he has no favorite character but he tends to drift towards ones that people tend 2 hate...and he actaully mentioned how he enjoyed drawing and messing with mayuri's character... maybe its Kubo Service?

and well, if nell is fully .. reverted 4ever thanks to orihime, then we're guaranteed a halibel beatdown, but i prefer Halibel rescuing Noi just to piss him off...revenge for their conference.. (besides it adds development this way)
Old 2007-12-31, 23:13   Link #98
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Well... it really turned out as i thought the fight would be... A pull-anything-out-of-your-ass-related-or-not fight. Seriously, its more interesting seeing battles where the characters use one ability in different ways than just randomly pull out a thousand abilities to continue the fight. That said, the fight didnt turn out as boring as i thought, so well, cheers to szayel dying?
Old 2007-12-31, 23:25   Link #99
ellifeedn
Thinker

Even though Szayel's suffering would feel like hundreds of years to him when only a little bit of time is passing, the drug will eventually dissolve and he will return to normal find himself in Mayuri's lab begging for mercy.
Old 2008-01-01, 01:32   Link #100
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

ok the chapter was ok but im sick of this bullcokkies can they atleast see some Halibel action or let ULQUIORRA COME BACK