Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-25, 01:29   Link #1
UnderscoreX
The Post Whisperer..Shhh!

[Manga] Ogichi a Vasto Lorde?

I mean, you can't get any more human than him right ? And according to Ulquiorra when Ichigo's reiatsu was fluctuating, at it's highest it was stronger than his. And if you check the later chapters Ichigo is evidently quite weaker than Ulq, so that had to have been solely Ogichi's reiatsu.

Yes/No/Maybe?!
Old 2007-08-25, 01:57   Link #2
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

I'm kind of suspecting that he is above a vaste lorde, beyond what anyone knows of, but at the very least vaste lorde.
Old 2007-08-25, 02:59   Link #3
Flora20709
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flora20709 Send a message via Yahoo to Flora20709
Ichigo as powerful as a vaste lorde...come on he can barley keep his hollow mask up for like 10hours while the other Vizards Keep The Mask On For weeks If Any1 was close to a vaste lorde it would be the 1st espanda
Old 2007-08-25, 06:29   Link #4
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Ogichi is a vasto lorde but I lost fate in Ichigo's capability. So......

Thanks Sephi
Old 2007-08-25, 08:35   Link #5
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

Eh... I think an inner Hollow is different than an acctual Hollow.

Quote:
come on he can barley keep his hollow mask up for like 10hours while the other Vizards Keep The Mask On For weeks
I think you have it a bit backwards. Ichigo could keep his mask on for 11 seconds when he first beat his Hollow. I think the record among the Vizards was Mashiro's time at 72 hours (?)
Old 2007-08-25, 10:56   Link #6
ellifeedn
Thinker

Something I should point out. Sure Ichigo is as powerful as a Vasto Lorde, but that comes from a combination of his Bankai and hollow powers. Unless we see him actually going on par with a Vasto Lorde with only his hollow powers, we can't assume that said powers are as great. Also, I think that an inner hollow is the mind of the hollow that would have formed if it were not stopped.
Old 2007-08-25, 11:45   Link #7
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Spoiler for manga:

Anyway, i still think that vaste lorde is a position, not a species or anything. Thus ichigo can never be a vaste lorde cause he's not in aizen's gang.
Old 2007-08-25, 11:59   Link #8
UnderscoreX
The Post Whisperer..Shhh!

For clarity as some people seemed to be confused, i'm not talking about Ichigo. I'm talking about the dude in my avatar.
Old 2007-08-25, 13:03   Link #9
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
Spoiler for manga:

Anyway, i still think that vaste lorde is a position, not a species or anything. Thus ichigo can never be a vaste lorde cause he's not in aizen's gang.
Well if you re-read the recent chapters, you can obviously see it is a different level and not a position. It is definitely not a position. Doesn't even make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderscoreX View Post
For clarity as some people seemed to be confused, i'm not talking about Ichigo. I'm talking about the dude in my avatar.
Yeah you can say if he was an actual hollow and not Ichigo's inner hollow, he could easily become 1,2, or 3 Espada. I'm sure if you give his hollow another chance at fighting, he could show Ichigo a whole mess of attacks. Remember now. Ichigo only knows one attack for his Ban Kai.
Old 2007-08-26, 01:56   Link #10
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Something I should point out. Sure Ichigo is as powerful as a Vasto Lorde, but that comes from a combination of his Bankai and hollow powers. Unless we see him actually going on par with a Vasto Lorde with only his hollow powers, we can't assume that said powers are as great. Also, I think that an inner hollow is the mind of the hollow that would have formed if it were not stopped.
The thread starter meant Ichigo's inner hollow, not Ichigo's power=vaste lorde power. Of course Ichigo's level at this point is because of a combo of bankai+hollow mask, but what about the hollow inside of him allowing Ichigo to use his power?

The more I think about it the more it seems that the inner hollow is as strong, but not, a vaste lorde. I mean yeah he looks completely human inside of Ichigo, but so does Zangetsu; but in the outside Zangetsu of course doesn't look like that. When Ichigo was about to be overtaken by his inner hollow during the Vizard training, the hollow form didn't look at all like a human; it was more of an animalistic-humanoid form with the tail and everything. So from that evidence, I'd say inner hollow is an adjucha; that's probably why the combination of Bankai-hollow mask makes Ichigo more powerful than Shinigami captains but not god-like to beat the higher ranked espada.

This would also give Tite another power-up for Ichigo later on; inner hollow goes from adjucha to vaste lorde.
Old 2007-08-26, 06:43   Link #11
Nefaria

Spoiler for partial manga:
I put that in spoiler tags because some of it was only mentioned in the manga.
Old 2007-08-27, 00:24   Link #12
lommm
l'homme de lommm

this last comment rings true to me
Old 2007-09-24, 05:02   Link #13
doggman19

Lightbulb ichigos power as a vaizard

OK look in ep 125 ichigos inner hollow gave him a warning "that if he ever wished to one day control his powers, that ichigo must survive until he shows up again" which shows a possiblilty that the inner hollow is only giving him a small portion of his power , which also means that the full power that uliqurra was speaking about could even be higher that his and aizens possibly.

Curious about the chapters visit www.mangavolume.com
about the episodes visit www.myanimeplanet.com
Closed Thread