AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-02, 18:41   Link #121
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The more I watch, the more I think: WTF is wrong with those guys? I can understand the ones who're around her age, especially the one who knew her before she became their sister. But the ones who're in their mid twenties and up? Seriously guys, she's just a high schooler, you creeps. And that's before we factor in the sister thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
And yes, Natsume is probably the only one I've seen act like an actual brother yet and not try to either kiss her or ask her out
Except for the bits where he got all jealous, and the "bribes" he sent her.

The ones who haven't hit on her (yet...):
- the doctor
- the child
- the transvestite

And maybe:
- the hair stylist
- the black haired twin
- Iori

All the rest are suspect to some extent.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 21:24   Link #122
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I suspect Iori will be the next one to hit on her. Isn't he around 18? Or is that Idol Bro?

I guess they'll just gloss over the fact that one brother kissed her twice while another brother basically confessed that he loved her in a non-sisterly way

I will retch though if Little Bro confesses his love "NEEEE-SAMA I LOVE YOU AND I WANT YOU FOREVER BY MY SIDE!!'

Subaru is still my favorite though I will say Natsume's the sexiest of the triplets.
Old 2013-08-02, 21:51   Link #123
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The more I watch, the more I think: WTF is wrong with those guys? I can understand the ones who're around her age, especially the one who knew her before she became their sister. But the ones who're in their mid twenties and up? Seriously guys, she's just a high schooler, you creeps. And that's before we factor in the sister thing.
I'd have to agree. I think having the older brothers (I'm talking 24+) getting hot and steamy over her is kind of ridiculous. You all are attractive, cool guys with good careers. And you can't find a girlfriend? You have to stoop to longing after a close-mouthed with barely a personality teenager who just happens to be your step-sister? Come on guys, you can do better than this. Especially Ukyo...you are a very attractive, 28 year-old lawyer, who can cook and isn't afraid to help around the house....how the heck have you not been snapped up by now?!
Why are you blushing over a girl almost two times younger than you? You really can't find a woman? Not a teenage girl, a woman.

Really for the older guys, its not cute, it's really kind of sad.

Quote:
Except for the bits where he got all jealous, and the "bribes" he sent her.
While knowing this show, that is probably where they're going, I'm giving Natsune the benifit of the doubt. He has never truly shown to be jealous of her. His questions of if Subaru really met her by "chance" is because of his concern that his brother was beginning to have an unhealthy crush on his sister than would not only harm their familial relationship, but would also harm Subaru's athletic career. He seems to be keeping an eye on her from afar because he knows what his brothers are like and how some of them react. Subaru and Natsume seem to have close big/little brother relationship, where Natsume actually behaves like Subaru's father and gives him a reality check when he needs. It's seen that none of the other brothers really seem to have an interest in his sports, but Natsume keeps on top of him even from afar by reading articles and going to games. He even sends him texts if he happens to not be in town.

As for "bribes", I've never really seen him bribe her as he hasn't asked anything of her. He gave her preview game, which isn't much and something I would do for my sibling if I worked at such a company and had access. If he has the resources, why not use the perks for what seems to be the only sibling who likes gaming like he does? He's complimented her, which is nothing. He gave her a scarf as a Christmas present, what's wrong with that? He offered her a car ride home because of the rain and offered his jacket when she needed it: again, all things I would do for sibling any time.

So, though they are probably going to have him fall in love with her too (that's the idiocy of this series ) I will give him the benefit of the doubt until they do otherwise.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 21:58   Link #124
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I suspect Iori will be the next one to hit on her. Isn't he around 18? Or is that Idol Bro?
Iori is 18, the idol is Futo and he's either 14 or 15. The one in between them is Yusuke (the redhead) and he's 16 (about the same age as Chi) which is why they're in the same class. Subaru is 20.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 04:59   Link #125
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I'd have to agree. I think having the older brothers (I'm talking 24+) getting hot and steamy over her is kind of ridiculous. You all are attractive, cool guys with good careers. And you can't find a girlfriend? You have to stoop to longing after a close-mouthed with barely a personality teenager who just happens to be your step-sister?
I wouldn't go so far in putting her down. She's nice enough, in a really shy kind of way. Besides, even if she was really attractive, she'd still be a high schooler, and their step-sister.
Old 2013-08-03, 05:42   Link #126
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The Little Bro annoys me.... The voicing or rather the choice of seiyuu is horrible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wouldn't go so far in putting her down. She's nice enough, in a really shy kind of way. Besides, even if she was really attractive, she'd still be a high schooler, and their step-sister.
...she's too innocent.... next being an idiot.. she needs to fall inlove seriously, ehem with Subaru....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 14:03   Link #127
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

She's okay...though I'd wish she would've told off Whitey though like she did to Monk Ren in the first episode when HE hit on her...

I will retch if Mama Bro hits on her. Dude, you're TWICE her age.
Old 2013-08-04, 11:53   Link #128
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Really for the older guys, its not cute, it's really kind of sad.
I suppose this is not the time to mention the otome games where you're a young college student or OL or something, and either some, or all the target characters are oyaji? (as in, 40+) XD Some people are into that, especially when the oyaji in question have seiyuu with sexy voices turning the charm up to 11. (Fujiwara Keiji will be the death of me one day.)

Given the background of the anime, this is not about what the guys like or want, but what the heroine (or rather, the reader/player) want. :3 And if the player is into older guys, well, why not - BroCon wisely included target characters of all ages so everyone can get their fix, from shotakon to barely short of oyaji (the oldest bro is over 30 so technically he's almost an ossan himself).
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 14:34   Link #129
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

so I read some of the summaries of the books on tumblr and I have to say is...Holy shit! This is surprisingly a lot more darker and soapier than I thought!

I kind of like it.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-06, 06:51   Link #130
melina_putri

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Last edited by melina_putri; 2013-08-06 at 07:18.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 15:31   Link #131
kuromitsu

Whoa, lots of sekuhara in this episode. Like a pack of wolves... xD

Spoiler for ep 5:

Come to think of it, Chii should to hold a Battle Royale, there are enough brothers to make it work. Any method is OK, there can be only one, winner gets to go out with her!

By the way, what was the sound director doing in this episode? At one point Chii's lips were moving but there was no dialogue, later she and Azusa had lip flaps as if they were supposed to be talking but they were actually laughing...

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-08-06 at 15:57.
Old 2013-08-07, 03:47   Link #132
ginger02

Ep 5 & 6

The show skips time a lot huh? Lots of time seems to pass quickly.

The relationship between Natsume and Subaru is a weird one. Hard to believe he's only 4 years older. I'm like "chill dude, you ain't his dad." He's stricter on Subaru more so than anyone else, I wonder if there is more to it than just his personality.

Him and Chi are more fascinating. They'd be cute together and all, despite the 7-8 year gap, but he looks like he loathes her at times for the effect she has on the other boys.

Yusuke forever remains my fave, since he's Chi's age, liked her before anyone, and out of the ones that like her seems to be the only one not lusting after her. But he seems to shy too confess

Subaru ain't bad either though. I don't think Chi feels anything like that towards him. I don't think she feels anything towards most of them specially except for Azusa...though we shall see where that goes now.

I don't know the laws in Japan, but step-siblings marring isn't illegal here, since they aren't blood related. It still may be taboo though, and awkward while causing tension, as we've seen. It's a different topic to explore that isn't touched upon a lot: dating your step-sibling.

And why can't Iori confess already? I want to be able to legitimately ship them
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 05:42   Link #133
NoemiChan
Banned

I'm so disappointed about Chi... Tsubaki has already kissed her thrice already and I still doubt it involves emotion on the side of Chi... I'm beginning to be annoyed by her character....
Old 2013-08-07, 05:54   Link #134
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
The relationship between Natsume and Subaru is a weird one. Hard to believe he's only 4 years older. I'm like "chill dude, you ain't his dad." He's stricter on Subaru more so than anyone else, I wonder if there is more to it than just his personality.
I think there's got to be something going on between them (aside of mutual jealousy over Chii), going by that photo of the two of them, my bet is on the "used to be very close then something happened" variation. Natsume really seems to behave like a father with Subaru, he went to see his basketball game and all that (even though none of the others went).

Quote:
Him and Chi are more fascinating. They'd be cute together and all, despite the 7-8 year gap, but he looks like he loathes her at times for the effect she has on the other boys.
I didn't really get that impression... I think it's just that he has this brusque way of talking, and most likely he's just awkward at expressing what he feels.

By the way, I don't think she feels anything unsisterly toward anyone so far. Even with Azusa she was like "oh so this is like having a big brother" or something to that effect. As for Iori, I have a feeling he's out of the picture... even though I wanted them to be together, purely on the basis of their seiyuu. (They're Akutabe and Sakuma from Azazel-san. xD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I'm so disappointed about Chi... Tsubaki has already kissed her thrice already and I still doubt it involves emotion on the side of Chi...
It's not like she initiated any of the kisses, Tsubaki pretty much forced them on her. Kisses don't magically make people fall in love.
Old 2013-08-07, 06:03   Link #135
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
It's not like she initiated any of the kisses, Tsubaki pretty much forced them on her. Kisses don't magically make people fall in love.
It's depressing.... Why ain't she resisting... She's now much worst than Miyaka of Fushigi (I like Miyaka by the way,,,)
Old 2013-08-07, 07:14   Link #136
kuromitsu

Quote:
It's depressing.... Why ain't she resisting... She's now much worst than Miyaka of Fushigi (I like Miyaka by the way,,,)
She did try to resist in this episode, Tsubaki just ignored it and went after her anyway.
Old 2013-08-07, 14:31   Link #137
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

.......this got really creepy and rapey.....
Old 2013-08-07, 17:05   Link #138
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Because she's really insecure and is afraid of what'll happen if she starts crying "rape" against her brothers.

Quote:
It looks like Natsume used to play basket, probably got Subaru into it... but he didn't have what it takes, so he quit.

Subaru, OTOH, has a shot, and Natsume doesn't want him to waste it. (And you've got to admit, getting taken off the regulars because he was lovesick looks pretty bad...)
Old 2013-08-07, 19:11   Link #139
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Subaru and Natsume also know when to stop unlike Tsubaki.

THANKS SHOW. I hate Tsubaki now.
Old 2013-08-07, 22:00   Link #140
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Oh my things are starting to heat up