AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-05, 04:09   Link #5221
sky black swordman

^ Agreed on the two timing, but I don't think she cares enough. Since she is not taking the relationship seriously.
It looks like Yuu(IMO) wants to really try to make this relationship work, but Akiho is not interested in a serious relationship. She really needs to tell him this because if she doesn't she is only going to get hurt him a lot more in the end.
Old 2012-12-05, 04:12   Link #5222
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I don't have a problem with Haruna being the shy girl. I actually like her. The problem I have with it is the complete lack of real development this series still seems to show. Rito being so dense really starts to wear thin after a while and Haruna being shy just exacerbates the problem.
Old 2012-12-05, 11:19   Link #5223
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Not really, I give her a "tough time" because she's generally a boring character...I really don't give a shit about who she was based on.
Same here, while the deal with "person Haruna was based on" was not nice, that doesn't matter to me when it comes to who Haruna is in the story and well she is a rather very boring character on the whole, which is why I can't really like her too much.
She's a character that won't stand out compared to the rest but somehow ends up being very fun when the "switch is flipped" evidence with this drunk chapter and the sadistic one(still prefer her sadistic side much more)

I'm still fine with the way this series goes atm, it has some development as it goes, not alot but it's there.
But then I've long known to not expect a great deal of development from this and just enjoy the fun!
Old 2012-12-05, 11:27   Link #5224
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

There's also the problem of the girls around Haruna totally overshadowing her. They are generally more interesting and flashier characters, the alien girls are quirky and cuter, plus they have their own situations and the human girls stand out more as well (Yui for example has hotter body and a flashier personality).
She isn't just the shy normal girl...she's the bland generic shy girl that usually sticks to being a background character.

In any other manga (or at the beginning where there were fewer girls) Haruna would be fine with the character she is now, fewer competition and fewer girls to steal the spotlight. But with her type of character actually winning back the spotlight is hard unless something outrageous happens like her flip being switched. There's a reason why an intoxicated Haruna (who is much flashier and forward) is so much more popular than her normal self.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 17:00   Link #5225
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Quote:
There's also the problem of the girls around Haruna totally overshadowing her. They are generally more interesting and flashier characters, the alien girls are quirky and cuter, plus they have their own situations and the human girls stand out more as well (Yui for example has hotter body and a flashier personality).
She isn't just the shy normal girl...she's the bland generic shy girl that usually sticks to being a background character.

In any other manga (or at the beginning where there were fewer girls) Haruna would be fine with the character she is now, fewer competition and fewer girls to steal the spotlight. But with her type of character actually winning back the spotlight is hard unless something outrageous happens like her flip being switched. There's a reason why an intoxicated Haruna (who is much flashier and forward) is so much more popular than her normal self.
this is well said haruna is just overshadowed is all and its hard to get the spotlight on her
Old 2012-12-05, 21:26   Link #5226
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Also remember Haruna is modeled after Yabuki's wife.
Old 2012-12-05, 21:30   Link #5227
sky black swordman

^ Just out curiosity, was Akiho modeled after someone?
Old 2012-12-05, 21:32   Link #5228
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Also remember Haruna is modeled after Yabuki's wife.

This conversation was started to explain why most people aren't into Haruna, NOT because of the woman she was modeled after but because of other factors...
Old 2012-12-05, 22:36   Link #5229
XFire
150% done

Quote:

This conversation was started to explain why most people aren't into Haruna, NOT because of the woman she was modeled after but because of other factors...
She was modeled after his wife, which is why she fell out of the spot light after their little domestic dispute. Falling out of the spotlight made her less popular because she was now just a side character who only existed to keep Rito and Lala from moving ahead with their feelings. So being modeled after his wife is a factor in her lack of popularity.
Old 2012-12-06, 01:09   Link #5230
kagato3

I'm not too sure she was ever based off Yabuki's wife. I know she tryed to sue him and jump over it but if I remember correctly there were interviews that said she was mostly designed by Saki, remember the Exwife seemed a little batshit crazy.

Anyway Haruna has never realy fallen out of focus, she's even had more panel time then Lala has through out Darkness and it never decreased durring TLR. As I've said before. Haruna's problem has always been any major (and most minor) development from her and the hearem colapes (first it would have ended up with just Rito and Haruna, now it would be Rito, Haruna and Lala maybe Momo and Run.) So it has all been pretty much fluff therefore easy to forget. You can only go to the Rito/Haruna fail at confessing to each other well so many times before it becomes stale and once the confession happens all the other relationships become locked in place, do you really think as it stands now Rito would engage in any building up any more of the relationships if he knew the love of his life returned his feelings? He's just starting to get over feeling guilty that his other love and her younger sister is encouraging him to hook up with Haruna (and more) as well. The other girls just have to worm their way into his heart to the point they wont be left behind when Rito and Haruna do admit thier love fore each other.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 10:28   Link #5231
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
She was modeled after his wife, which is why she fell out of the spot light after their little domestic dispute. Falling out of the spotlight made her less popular because she was now just a side character who only existed to keep Rito and Lala from moving ahead with their feelings. So being modeled after his wife is a factor in her lack of popularity.
I really doubt she fell out of the spotlight because of the dispute, like I said...she was simply overshadowed by the more interesting and flashy characters that started to show up.
Old 2012-12-06, 11:38   Link #5232
Xagzan

Next story arc: The To Love Crew heads to the magical land of Oz, where they will receive the wizard's gifts!

Haruna will get courage.

Nemesis will get a heart.

And Rito will get a GODDAMNED BRAIN.

Jesus Rito, are you still clueless that Haruna digs you!? That flashback to what Momo said hinted that he might be starting to get it, but amazingly it still hasn't clicked!

Anyway, I agree, drunk Haruna is fun. She should come around more often!

And what a considerate onee-chan she has, who feels such deep guilt and regret at preventing her lil sis from getting some
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 15:43   Link #5233
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Next story arc: The To Love Crew heads to the magical land of Oz, where they will receive the wizard's gifts!

Haruna will get courage.

Marron, in the meantime, will make one perverted Toto
Old 2012-12-06, 16:59   Link #5234
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post

Haruna will get courage.

i tough you would say ball instead of brain.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 21:41   Link #5235
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I think Rito is holding back ever since from what happened with Momo, I thought he was gonna give in. when he she was advancing on him and he touched her shoulder and she moved back.
That probably gave questions in his mind is it really right to do it and he might do something he cannot undo anymore.
Old 2012-12-10, 21:05   Link #5236
wingman32x

The latest chapter was good. Drunk Haruna was pretty funny, and I also like what they're doing with Nana.

That said, Haruna just isn't for me. I've felt this way since long before the ex-wife thing, so it's not an outside factor. I just don't find her very appealing. Her character design is just okay, and I find her to be boring. I understand why she's so normal. With all of these zany characters, there needed to be at least one normal girl. But even so I just can't get into her character. She does have some interesting quirks, don't get me wrong, and she's had some good moments, but she's just not for me. I'm more of a Yui, Momo, Mikan kind of guy.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 05:33   Link #5237
Freeter
beyond

Next SQ.19 chapter features Tearju, with this and her debut in the anime, it all comes full circle

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-15, 05:43   Link #5238
sky black swordman

^
Spoiler for ::
Old 2012-12-15, 06:05   Link #5239
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^
Spoiler for ::
Spoiler for chapter:

Quote:
And the last image, wow.
Rito definitely wants to tap that
Old 2012-12-15, 06:35   Link #5240
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
It's unfortunate that I'm not a megane fan in particular. But yeah I guess I can imagine an adult Yami sitting on Rito.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen