AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-20, 20:27   Link #1
Phantastic
Super Duper

I have a bunch available, but not sure which one to pick.

I recently finished "His and Her Circumstances" (good series, btw) and I have some other series lying around. Which one should I start and the one after that?

Azumanga Daioh
Ergo Proxy
Gankutsuou
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
SaiKano
School Rumble
Trinity Blood
Old 2007-02-20, 20:34   Link #2
jedinat

Umm, not sure what you want to hear... Azumanga Daioh would be my favorite out of those. School Rumble was pretty good also. Didn't really care for any of the others. (the only one I've seen nothing of is SaiKano, which I refuse to watch)
Old 2007-02-20, 20:41   Link #3
kuchiki

Azumanga Daioh is great fun, but it gets a little repetitive after a while. Watch an episode or two whenever you feel like it, instead of finishing all of it
I suggest you watch Ergo Proxy first, because it's awesome in my opinion. Higurashi no naku koro ni is also very good, especially if you like creepy stories
Old 2007-02-20, 20:47   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Well it is pretty clear that you don't care anything about what genre these shows are since they are all over the place. That makes it hard to figure out what you'd like. I'll give you a little guide to figuring this out for yourself.
  • Most existential: Ergo Proxy
  • Funniest: (tie) School Rumble, Azumanga Daioh
  • Scariest: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
  • Most pretentious: (tie) Gankutsuou and Ergo Proxy
  • Best costuming: Trinity Blood
  • Most derivative: Trinity Blood
  • Most heart-wrenching: SaiKano
  • Most enduring fan favorite: (tie) SaiKano and Azumanga Daioh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchiki View Post
Azumanga Daioh is great fun, but it gets a little repetitive after a while. Watch an episode or two whenever you feel like it, instead of finishing all of it
Really good advice since it is completely episodic. Watch a few episodes of this in between watching other shows.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-02-20, 21:15   Link #5
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Since His and Her Circumstances is a romance anime, I would suggest switching the mood to action like Trinity Blood. The story is good and it's a little dark. But if you want another kind of romance then go ahead watch Saikano. But IMO, you really should watch Trinity Blood first just to change a little atmosphere
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-02-20, 22:03   Link #6
xcxcxcc

since ergo proxy is my personal favorite im goin to suggest u watch this first is a cyberpunk/philosophical anime

saikano it made me cry at the end lol very good
Old 2007-02-21, 00:04   Link #7
Theowne
耳をすませば

I don't know, what are you in the mood to see? For something light hearted School Rumble or Azumanga Daioh is the way to go. For tragic romance, look no further then SaiKano. Ergo Proxy is also a very good anime. Haven't seen the others.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2007-02-21, 00:05   Link #8
Phantastic
Super Duper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Well it is pretty clear that you don't care anything about what genre these shows are since they are all over the place.
Heh, yeah. I don't really care much about genre, as long as it isn't something like Shounen Ai.

The suggestions are all over the place (except for Gankutsuou), so I should watch Trinity Blood for the change of mood, and SaiKano for the romance?

Well, for what mood I am in, I don't usually care. Before I watched His and Her Circumstances, I watched R.O.D. The TV. Before that, Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na. Before that, Beck. Before that, Ouran High School Host Club.
Old 2007-02-21, 00:32   Link #9
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
SaiKano for the romance
Yeah, but keep in mind it's also moody and depressing (maybe a bit melodramatic).

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2007-02-21, 10:52   Link #10
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I found the tragedy in Saikano too forced, and thus it ended up not working for me. Trinity Blood i dropped after 5 or 6 eps.

I would go with Higurashi next - it is my 2nd favorite a anime. A very nicely done horror/mystery.
Old 2007-02-21, 14:15   Link #11
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

I personally found azumanga daioh boring and overrated, like someone said check out a few eps and if you're laughing hysterically it's for you but if you don't find it funny or that interesting, give up cause that's how the rest of eps are pretty much (repetitive someone said).
Closed Thread