AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2013-10-07, 21:13   Link #1101
Frontier

Asuna and Suguha in swimsuits? Yes please .

What with everything that's coming out, a new game, and an OVA, I'd be shocked if there wasn't a season 2 announcement incoming.

The real question in my mind is, could it be another double announcement for a second season of both SAO and Accel World? Or am I just being too hopeful .
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 01:10   Link #1102
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The real question in my mind is, could it be another double announcement for a second season of both SAO and Accel World? Or am I just being too hopeful .
I think the two franchises probably won't be paired any more, as they ultimately have two different production committees beyond the Dengeki base. They've also been awfully quiet on the Accel World front, so I'm wondering if they may leave it at that... but, in either case, I wouldn't expect anything until Fall 2014 at the earliest for AW. I'd expect SAO s2 in either Spring or Summer 2014.
Old 2013-10-11, 07:16   Link #1103
Krono

More information:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...igns-previewed
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 08:53   Link #1104
Helius

Am I getting this right, 2 freaking hours?!!
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 08:59   Link #1105
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Am I getting this right, 2 freaking hours?!!
Two hours of Swimsuits, yes.
So many nosebleeds... gonna need a tissue for when the Extra comes out... a lot of tissues...
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 10:53   Link #1106
Solafighter
Hige

The animation, is it before or after the Phantom Bullet Arc?
Old 2013-10-12, 11:22   Link #1107
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
In the story, the computer program Yui wants to see a whale with Kirito who embarks on an underwater quest in the world of Alfheim Online. However, he's shocked to find that his comrade Leafa cannot swim. Asuna and her female friends believe that training Suguha in a real-world pool will help her ALO character. Meanwhile, around the same time, Kirito meets a certain someone.
I'm highly interested in who is this 'certain someone' Kirito will meet. It just screams "sequel hook".
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 22:55   Link #1108
VTHokiePride

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but the special in december is simply a recap episode with some small stuff added. I'll admit I'm disappointed since it's just a recap episode, but I hope this means we're getting another season.
Old 2013-11-10, 23:35   Link #1109
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but the special in december is simply a recap episode with some small stuff added. I'll admit I'm disappointed since it's just a recap episode, but I hope this means we're getting another season.
Eh... Not quite... it seems to be it's own episode/movie thing... I think it starts with a recap, and everyone's misinterpreted it... That seems to happen a lot...
Old 2013-11-11, 08:21   Link #1110
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
You seem to have missed that the special is two hours long. That's not episode length, that's movie length. It's also going to be streamed fairly widely:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ream-worldwide

And while the initial description was that it would be "a recap, but with some new footage." We've since gotten this as a description of the story:

"Kirito and the others decide to go on an underwater quest within the world of ALO to grant Yui her wish to see a whale. As they all prepare for the quest, they face a shocking revelation... Leafa, or Suguha is afraid of water. So, Asuna and the other female members decide to teach Suguha how to swim at a pool in the real world. Meanwhile, Kirito was meeting somebody…"

And they revamped the character designs to account for the story taking place the "The Day After short story that shipped with the last DVD in Japan. So yeah, it'll contain a recap element of unknown length, but it's no simple clip show episode like you imply.
Old 2013-11-12, 00:29   Link #1111
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Basically, I think the safe assumption is that this is a re-introduction, a bit of bonus content, and the lead-in to a new season announcement that will almost certainly happen at the end of the broadcast (probably to start in Spring or Summer 2014). There's not really any other reason to give so much of a PR push to a recap + OVA. (Well, and not much other reason to air a recap at that time, except if something else is coming.)
Old 2013-11-18, 18:13   Link #1112
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Eh... Not quite... it seems to be it's own episode/movie thing... I think it starts with a recap, and everyone's misinterpreted it... That seems to happen a lot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
You seem to have missed that the special is two hours long. That's not episode length, that's movie length. It's also going to be streamed fairly widely:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ream-worldwide

And while the initial description was that it would be "a recap, but with some new footage." We've since gotten this as a description of the story:

"Kirito and the others decide to go on an underwater quest within the world of ALO to grant Yui her wish to see a whale. As they all prepare for the quest, they face a shocking revelation... Leafa, or Suguha is afraid of water. So, Asuna and the other female members decide to teach Suguha how to swim at a pool in the real world. Meanwhile, Kirito was meeting somebody…"

And they revamped the character designs to account for the story taking place the "The Day After short story that shipped with the last DVD in Japan. So yeah, it'll contain a recap element of unknown length, but it's no simple clip show episode like you imply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Basically, I think the safe assumption is that this is a re-introduction, a bit of bonus content, and the lead-in to a new season announcement that will almost certainly happen at the end of the broadcast (probably to start in Spring or Summer 2014). There's not really any other reason to give so much of a PR push to a recap + OVA. (Well, and not much other reason to air a recap at that time, except if something else is coming.)
I guess this is what I get for using wikipedia as a source.
Old 2013-12-01, 07:32   Link #1113
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

I was directed to a Chinese blog, with pictures from a Magazine, showing the Swim Suit designs for the up-coming Extra Edition episode.

http://udmovie.blogspot.com/2013/11/extraedition.html
The guy who showed me it said he doesn't know what magazine it's from, but hey, now we have an idea of the swim-suits xD

Surprisingly, Suguha's seems to be the most "conservative" of the 4.
Old 2013-12-01, 19:37   Link #1114
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Looks like it's from this month's Dengeki G's Magazine. Incidentally, looks like December's Dengeki G's Comic release will come a tapestry version of the Asuna swimsuit image on the right in the top image.
Old 2013-12-18, 01:04   Link #1115
Krono

Some screenshots and a short commercial for the extra can be found here:

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/773/773790/
Old 2013-12-18, 01:07   Link #1116
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

...is that lady who I think it is?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 03:54   Link #1117
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Who do you think it is, Lowe?
Old 2013-12-18, 04:13   Link #1118
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
...is that lady who I think it is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Who do you think it is, Lowe?
If it involves novel info, probably better to go to Spoiler & Speculation, though.
Old 2013-12-18, 07:33   Link #1119
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 22:56   Link #1120
c933103
FTNR

As i said in http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki..._would_be_July , I don't think we can see season 2 in coming spring...
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance, shounen