AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-04-08, 05:33   Link #4021
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr7olsniper View Post
LOL?? what is LAF?
Live Action Movie.
Kinda lazy and even typed the last word worngly......
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 08:40   Link #4022
shutazen

An FMP movie? I don't think Mr. Gatou would agree to Hollywood degrading his work. Same reason why TSR was not given to Gonzo to animate. Hopefully Mr. Gatou will stand firm in the quality of his work. Hollywood downright fails in conversions.

In other news, the sucky translations for the prologue of ANOT is done. Still in the same place where you can find them. Read them at your own risk.
shutazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 09:02   Link #4023
Revalent

LAF is right, i could be a laugh
Revalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 12:09   Link #4024
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutazen View Post
An FMP movie? I don't think Mr. Gatou would agree to Hollywood degrading his work. Same reason why TSR was not given to Gonzo to animate. Hopefully Mr. Gatou will stand firm in the quality of his work. Hollywood downright fails in conversions.
On that same vein, he tends to get involved with the adaptations of his work, maybe he'll bitch-slap them into sense. *sigh* One can dream.
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 13:51   Link #4025
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutazen View Post

In other news, the sucky translations for the prologue of ANOT is done. Still in the same place where you can find them. Read them at your own risk.
w00t first part of ANOT is done!!!! Yay!!!

THanks Shutazen
sr7olsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 19:53   Link #4026
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr7olsniper View Post
Not really, since the novel will be relased as a whole most likely. Until Gatoh actually gives us a release date we are pretty much drifting in the air.
Nothing like drifting around aimlessly .. though I do recall .. correct me if I am wrong but he did say the next one would be the climax?
SirWence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 03:20   Link #4027
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWence View Post
Nothing like drifting around aimlessly .. though I do recall .. correct me if I am wrong but he did say the next one would be the climax?
Yes he did say that, but he also said that he was unable to determine if it will be the last. So depending on the turn of events, we could be looking at another novel after the next one. However, some people are already saying that the novel will be released some time this spring, so all we can do atm is just wait.
Old 2009-04-09, 17:43   Link #4028
Anitsuga

Send a message via MSN to Anitsuga
Thank you Shutazen!!! I'll visit your LJ right now ^___^

About FMP's movie, I'm sure it'll be a real disaster... I can't think in anyone acting Sousuke's character. He's so special. Even Seki Tomokazu's voice can't be replaced...
Really, I hope that all this is a big lie...

-as I always say, sorry for my bad english -
Anitsuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 18:07   Link #4029
aniyeri

I undestand you Anitsuga (I hate my English writing skills)!
Actually my cousing told me about the movie, and I was so exited, but then I realized it was a live action. I hate those movies; they do horrible things to the characters (take Dragon Ball example). And there isn't a guy that can be as cool as sousuke!
Why don't use the energy and money of that movie and continue with the anime? Wouldn't that be one thousand times better?
aniyeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 18:52   Link #4030
Alchemist007
*Author

I think it'd be mostly the US producers money
Old 2009-04-09, 18:54   Link #4031
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyeri View Post
I undestand you Anitsuga (I hate my English writing skills)!
Actually my cousing told me about the movie, and I was so exited, but then I realized it was a live action. I hate those movies; they do horrible things to the characters (take Dragon Ball example). And there isn't a guy that can be as cool as sousuke!
Why don't use the energy and money of that movie and continue with the anime? Wouldn't that be one thousand times better?
Thing is, FMP is not THAT popular in Japan. The movie should influence occidental audience. Making new anime seasons in JP won't change things too much, I don't think it would change the number of fans. But expanding FMP to the rest of the world might have a different effect. The problem is... Zac Efron... I can't expect much of this if this guy is going to be in it...
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 19:33   Link #4032
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwings View Post
Thing is, FMP is not THAT popular in Japan. The movie should influence occidental audience. Making new anime seasons in JP won't change things too much, I don't think it would change the number of fans. But expanding FMP to the rest of the world might have a different effect. The problem is... Zac Efron... I can't expect much of this if this guy is going to be in it...
WEll if they wanted to do a movie, make it an animated movie or something. Dont do a live action and ruin any possibiliyt of contuing. As far as i know, bleach and naruto's movies got shown in the big screen in the US. They could do something liek that for FMP. I seriously doubt that a Live Action is necesary, even more so if there is not that much of a market for it. IF the movie failz, most likely ppl wont even be interested in the franchise anymore.
Old 2009-04-10, 00:40   Link #4033
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Uh......You joking right? Unpopular in Japan?
FMP novels (forgot which, probably MMD) got the year's highest selling back in 2007 or 08. I forgot what the award they got for this.
They got featured in 2 consecutive SRW games.
Models? ARX-8 for Revoltech even when animes aren't shown yet. And others.

Yeah sure, when you compare to stuff like Gundam or *cough* Geass or TTGL *cough* then of course they're not that popular. But the only thing I can tell you that FMP is quite popular. It's just too "specialized" in the robot genre to prevent it to become more popular.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 00:57   Link #4034
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I just wonder if we will get another fake 'this is the final novel' mode again. I honestly had forgotten about FMP, and the only reason I remembered was because of the banner at the top, lol.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 01:36   Link #4035
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Uh......You joking right? Unpopular in Japan?
FMP novels (forgot which, probably MMD) got the year's highest selling back in 2007 or 08. I forgot what the award they got for this.
They got featured in 2 consecutive SRW games.
Models? ARX-8 for Revoltech even when animes aren't shown yet. And others.

Yeah sure, when you compare to stuff like Gundam or *cough* Geass or TTGL *cough* then of course they're not that popular. But the only thing I can tell you that FMP is quite popular. It's just too "specialized" in the robot genre to prevent it to become more popular.
Well I was thinking more about the DVD sales that some time ago were posted around here (so I was comparing it mostly with other Key works), and I know nothing about novels sales or models. But I didn't say it was unpopular, I said it wasn't THAT popular, like Gundam or Geass or TTGL or etc...

Still, if you say that the novels really are quite popular, but there are still no news about new animes then my guess is not that far from reality in my opinion.
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 02:38   Link #4036
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Quote:
Well I was thinking more about the DVD sales that some time ago were posted around here (so I was comparing it mostly with other Key works), and I know nothing about novels sales or models. But I didn't say it was unpopular, I said it wasn't THAT popular, like Gundam or Geass or TTGL or etc...

Still, if you say that the novels really are quite popular, but there are still no news about new animes then my guess is not that far from reality in my opinion.
well, most likely than not, they want the main plot to finish with the novels and then do a series. It would make sense since they will not have to work with any cliff hangers like they did with TSR. Think about it, its easier to work with something that its already finish than try to fit a plot and leave ppl hanging.

I am pretty sure another season will come, just cant tell the time exactly. Afterall, we are still waiting on possibly 2 more novels from Gatoh
Old 2009-04-10, 03:35   Link #4037
plau

Does anyone know where I can find a short (about a paragraph per novel) summary of the novel? Thanks.
plau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 03:39   Link #4038
Alchemist007
*Author

wikipedia explains
Old 2009-04-10, 07:05   Link #4039
plau

Nope, Wikipedia has about one paragraph for the whole series. It doesn't really explain anything... At all.
plau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 08:25   Link #4040
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
check this out. only problem its a little bit more in depth than 1 paragraph

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26478

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen