AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-28, 01:19   Link #281
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Tera has pretty much ruined me now. I tried playing Aion a bit during the week, but after the OBT I just cannot go back to clicky-tile MMOs.
Not just you, heck after Closed Beta 1 I tried to log back into TOR and I couldn't even move my character properly after adjusted to TERA! Logged the f out and haven't touched it since. (was barely playing it anyway before that time).
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 06:38   Link #282
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
I have a feeling that's how I'm going to be feeling trying out Guild Wars 2

WHAT IS THIS MYSTICAL AUTO AIM ATTACK WITH TAB OMG

I will likely be switching to Lancer when Head Start comes, probably in the afternoon (Pacific time :P )
Give me a shout then, so you can join the guild again if you wish. Also I'll probably make my zerker today, though first I'll be playing my Sorc, so I can party with you later as well.

.. But are you gonna give up completely on Valari? Or possibly play both? I get how healer probably is not -that- fun but what about when your lancer is at cap .. what then? :P
Old 2012-04-28, 09:16   Link #283
SoulofSomfing

Argh... if i can only get a high end computer i can play this game to the fullest. At least i can play it on my laptop on the lowest graphic settings... I pre ordered the game already and dling to continue my elin berserker Nyaruko. Dont remember what server i was on but it was on a pvp server
Old 2012-04-28, 13:24   Link #284
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Servers are done to add more channels to some servers. ><
Old 2012-04-28, 14:22   Link #285
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulofSomfing View Post
Argh... if i can only get a high end computer i can play this game to the fullest. At least i can play it on my laptop on the lowest graphic settings... I pre ordered the game already and dling to continue my elin berserker Nyaruko. Dont remember what server i was on but it was on a pvp server
To be honest 4 and 6 in term of graphic settings didn't feel much different to me. At least at first glance, I'm not too sure what the game is the most heavy demanding on though... (automatic settings propose me 5)
On a sidenote, 50 minutes queues on the evening so you better not DC if you are playing on Essenia like me
Old 2012-04-28, 14:28   Link #286
Xion Valkyrie

I'm running a 4 year old computer and I can play this game at Max settings. It's actually very well optimized. It runs far better than Aion or GW2 (although this one still in beta).

Edit: Okay, servers seem to be really buggy right now. Instance matching just isn't working, and the one time we got into a group the game didn't put us into the dungeon and we had incomplete members, so we decided to reform and research but now the game thinks we're 'drop outs' and can't use instance matching anymore.

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2012-04-28 at 15:05.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 15:54   Link #287
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i have a new bad ass PC and i get stutters every few minutes....
Old 2012-04-28, 16:43   Link #288
Dist

^It's probably not as badass as you thought, then. Also try updating your graphic drivers etc. the usual stuff.
Old 2012-04-28, 18:10   Link #289
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Give me a shout then, so you can join the guild again if you wish. Also I'll probably make my zerker today, though first I'll be playing my Sorc, so I can party with you later as well.

.. But are you gonna give up completely on Valari? Or possibly play both? I get how healer probably is not -that- fun but what about when your lancer is at cap .. what then? :P
Well, I won't give up completely. But I think its good to have more variety
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 18:28   Link #290
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
^It's probably not as badass as you thought, then. Also try updating your graphic drivers etc. the usual stuff.
I have sadly, Maybe its the AMD Radeon card... SOMETHING... the PC gets loud all of a sudden and it stutters. Memory Leak perhaps?
Old 2012-04-28, 20:33   Link #291
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I have sadly, Maybe its the AMD Radeon card... SOMETHING... the PC gets loud all of a sudden and it stutters. Memory Leak perhaps?
It wouldn't be memory probably; sounds like a CPU/GPU spike that is perhaps causing one of the two to overheat. Then the fans would go to the fastest speed possible and the framerate would grind to a halt while the CPU/GPU tries to cool itself down. I would make sure you don't have any parts overclocked, and that your computer has sufficient cooling/ventilation inside the case. There should also be apps to monitor your CPU/GPU temperature.

(Sometimes this can also have to do with bugs in drivers/firmware, so make sure you have the latest for both your motherboard and your GPU.)
Old 2012-04-28, 23:05   Link #292
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Well, I won't give up completely. But I think its good to have more variety
Sooo.. What's your lancers name in game?
Old 2012-04-28, 23:36   Link #293
SoulofSomfing

so wat server is everyone in?
btw...whos gonna mod their game
Old 2012-04-28, 23:48   Link #294
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Sooo.. What's your lancers name in game?
Mow.Wow, Dragonfall
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 23:50   Link #295
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulofSomfing View Post
so wat server is everyone in?
btw...whos gonna mod their game
Some are on Celestial Hills and Dragon.

modding will get you banned.
Old 2012-04-28, 23:53   Link #296
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Some are on Celestial Hills and Dragon.

modding will get you banned.
No it doesn't. Get your facts straight man. It has even been said by a GM in the forums that you can mod at your own discretion, but don't speak about it.

AND, even if we assumed that you're not allowed to mod .. How's EME gonna know? The Launcher only checks if files are there, it doesn't check what the files contain. It's impossible to get caught for using mods. Using mods was not allowed in Dragon Nest too but it was impossible to get caught ..

The question is, what are you going to mod? Changing the horrid english dub to Japanese, and de-censoring Elins.. those are the mods I use..

On unrelated note, finally reached 38 and can go to sleep .. it took 14 hours >.<
Old 2012-04-29, 00:00   Link #297
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Got my "facts" from people ingame in that horrid area chat.

and I don't go on the official forums. So all I had to go on was chat ingame.

aaanyways, 38 is still the cap? Figured they would lift it for early release, eh oh well.

I'm not gonna mod anything. the english dub is .. okay.. the elin issue i could careless about.
Old 2012-04-29, 00:19   Link #298
Dist

It's not okay if you compare it to Japanese one. The game has an JRPG'-ish feel to it (Yes, I know it was made in Korea), so having japanese npc chat, attacks, and cutscenes in japanese feel more natural.

Just wait till you get later.. the cutscenes are HORRID in english.

And just so you know, Elins arent the only class who were censored... so .. yeah.

And what do you mean still? 32 was the cap at OBT, 38 in head-start, and 60 on Launch.
Old 2012-04-29, 00:28   Link #299
Sobonok

Just a quick question for those that got to play. Is Lancer an overplayed class? Or is it pretty standard? It seems to be quite popular in tons of videos I'm watching.
Sobonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 00:31   Link #300
Dist

There's no overplayed class. The only overplayed thing is an Elin (race). If you want to always get a party, instant party in Instance Matching etc .. Make a lancer. But, lancers are boring in my opinion. Although you protect your party.. That's about it. Your damage sucks.